Beat Solaris...? [Spoilers]

Posh Trainer Farror

First off...

Greetings everyone! I am new here, and ended up making an account shortly after downloading this game, which I now deeply love. I've poored a significant amount of time into the game and now I am rather far into the story, ergo...

SPOILER ALERT!

Are we good? No one should read this and be upset that I spoiled some story elements without fair warning.

Anyhow, So after you defeat Kiki and rescue Cain, you have to return to Apophyll and go to the volcano to stop big shit from happening at the volcano.

When you get to the top, you see Cain, Taka, Cal and Solaris at the top already. Solaris will challenge you with 1 level 75 Garchomp. With a level cap of 45 and Garchomp being a pseudo legendary, it would seem all hope is lost. Losing this battle in fact does not send you back to a Poke Center, and the story resumes normally.

So I was supposed to lose, right?

Welp, I'm a stubborn individual and reloaded my game and pulled out a victory against all odds.

"What happened?" You may ask.

Nothing. The story doesn't detour to be favorable, Medicham still dies, so does Kiki...

The ONLY difference is you don't lose money for losing, and instead gain 7500 big ones. Also you do not get the EXP for beating said Garchomp, though I understand it is likely to level up any Pokemon several times past the level cap, putting you in a bind.

What do you guys think? Is this fair? What would you have done differently?

I myself believe that it would be neat if winning this battle was a condition to a secret/best ending.

Lastly, you may ask how I beat him. I might tell you ;)

• Administrators

As of Episode 9 I did change the diologue just a little bit.

I myself believe that it would be neat if winning this battle was a condition to a secret/best ending.

This has always been the case though... c:

• 2 weeks later...

yea my original plan to beat Garchomp was switch back and forth from Staraptor as well as Gyarados to lower garchomps attack with intimidate. i was able to get -5 attack in there. after killing off most of my team doing so i only had those two left. Garchomp was constantly trying to stone edge my Staraptor but missed a lot. eventually he killed my Staraptor. from here i sent out my Gyarados and got popped by two more stone edges, but was able to live them since gyarados happened to be impish. i had to use my only two hyper potions doe. I noticed after i ran out of hyper potions though that he was only using fire fang and dragon rush, and dragon rush was doing an average of 70 damage. I actually used gyarados last with the intention of killing Garchomp with ice fang but he was still too high level and powerful. so i just stalled out the battle with super potions (which i used 16 of out of 21) trying to kill him with ice fang. i eventually ran out of ice fang but by the time i did he was struggle bait now having gone through eq which doesn't work obvi on Gyarados. In the end i wasted a load of money on this guy for 563 exp and some money but at least if i'm lucky ill get the secret ending ending out of this charade if i didn't miss any other criteria. :lol:

• 9 years later...

I just found the easiest strategy to beat Solaris. You need Banette and Shiinotic both lv45, a quick claw, and a focus sash.

Send out Banette first,

- use will-o-wisp, quick claw must activate

- Garchomp must use fire fang so you survive

- Solaris will use full heal so just use will-o-wisp again

- select will-o-wisp again just in case but for me he just KO'd me which didn't matter

Send out Shiinotic,

- use strength sap

- spam till lowest attack

- spam moonblast until Garchomp goes down

You just beat Solaris with two pokemon and 3 moves lmao

Edited by Solarisismybitch

6 minutes ago, Solarisismybitch said:

I just found the easiest strategy to beat Solaris. You need Banette and Shiinotic both lv45, a quick claw, and a focus sash.

Send out Banette first,

- select will-o-wisp again just in case but for me he just KO'd me which didn't matter

Send out Shiinotic,

- use strength sap

I don't remember how I beat him but I'm pretty sure you can just use speed boost sharpedo by using protect and destiny bond

28 minutes ago, DerpyDragon said:

I don't remember how I beat him but I'm pretty sure you can just use speed boost sharpedo by using protect and destiny bond

Just checked for my own curiosity, Sharpedo only gets destiny bond through breeding and the day care still isn't accessible at that point in the game. If only it were that easyy

1 hour ago, Solarisismybitch said:

Just checked for my own curiosity, Sharpedo only gets destiny bond through breeding and the day care still isn't accessible at that point in the game. If only it were that easyy

If you joined Aqua Gang and do their quests, they give you a carvanha which iirc has destiny bond lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2022 at 12:13 AM, Solarisismybitch said:

Send out Banette first,

Send out Shiinotic,

- use strength sap

so, slight adjustment, 2x banettes

1st banette
-MUST get first-strike with from claw with will-o-wisp(burn cuts physical attacks by 1/2, and he only has physical attacks)
-He cures it immediately with full-heal, you keep casting will-o-wisp till he runs out(full-heal clears burn before you hit again with will-o-wisp to reapply the burn)
-Eventually die after he runs out of full-restores, youre not going to hit before him, so keep spamming will-o-wisp for good measure

2nd banette

-Use curse, as long as hes still got burn, you have high chance of surviving a single hit, and applying curse(it will faint your mon, but 1/4 maxhp/turn against a vastly OP mon is worth)

Shiinotic

-Use strength sap, itll outheal his hits every turn, and he only has 4-5 turns left before curse kills him

you dont have to worry about PP running out with the second banette casting a curse if your S.ATK is too low, just need enough HP/Def to tank his first strike each turn

3 mons, 3 moves, no items, and its a done deal in all of 10 rounds

if youre grinding 2x mons for this fight, 3x shouldnt be a big deal, and assuming you abuse technician-meowths payday as much as i do, affording a Power Weight(held item: +hp ev) and Power Belt(held item: +def ev) should be relatively trivial to-dos 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/8/2022 at 2:41 AM, Solarisismybitch said:

Oh good to know, I just remember them seeming afraid of me and not accepting my pokemon or something. Guess my strategy is best for if you joined Magma maybe

You have to talk to each of them multiple times to start that quest

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/7/2022 at 12:19 AM, DerpyDragon said:

Sharpedo is the best method just get quick claw and destiny bond and just reset till ur quick claw works and boom you win. Sucks if you didn't join the Aqua gang though otherwise you can't get destiny bond sharpedo, but any destiny pokemon with quick claw should work.

• 2 weeks later...