Hardest Battle?? Spoilers?

mamba24boi

Aya. My god was Aya hard. She ticked me off to no end, it was ridiculous. Have fun once you get to her, for it's a nightmare.

What I dont get is how Fern beat her -_- I swept him like nobodys buisness and then get beat down by Nidoqueen. If only Empoleon...and Magmar.....and Garbodor T_T would listen to me...................

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aya is really hard. I don't have a Poison resist in my team so Gengar completely slaughtered me with Sludge Wave. Also she never misses Focus Blast and almost always gets Poison on Sludge Wave.

• 4 weeks later...

So....apparently i'm unique somehow because the only person i ever lost more than once or twice to(not counting solaris of course) was Florinia; i had NO TROUBLE with the Cradily. None. i had plenty of things that did enough to kill it and it couldnt do enough damage to me.

I lost at least 20 times to florinia because of the Breloom that spams Spore. my pokemon would be asleep constantly until the breloom has max attack and sweeps the rest. Over and over and over again. The only reason i won was with a lot of luck...i think Breloom activated the Static on my flaaffy at the time, or maybe i got a bunch of crits. The problem wasnt hurting breloom, it was getting the chance to...i didnt have anything faster than it at the time.

Even though I've gone through Noel and passed him, Shade definitely made me wanna hit my computer with a shinkou-hadouken. Shade was the reason why i have multiple teams now (thanks shade..) and when i was just straight losing to that entity i made sure that my whole team was mostly dark type, (4-5/6) and the remaining has dark type moves that could SE his pokemon. then after that i became more prepared for my upcoming gyms and i would not say it was easy but its manageable. but shade definetly was the hardest battle for me.

The hardest fight that I had to win was Florina...Cradilly is hax... I had to PP stall it and let it kill itself with struggle...

The hardest Fight I DIDN'T have to win, and prolly wasn't supposed to, was Solaris on the mountain. I swear, if I didn't have that cotton candy to bring back my FrostBite ( twice), I'd have lost horribly. Ice Beam FTW

I think all the leaders are quite a challenge, but I think none of them are too dificult to overcome, (we need to advance in the game I our own different ways) what's dificult battle I guess is with the level 75 garchomp at the pyrous mountain top, grrrr!!, medicham is not yet a treath when I battled it since it uses high jump kick before that keeps on missing because of my zangoose's detect,

My hardest battles were a tie between Aya and Sigmund. The main reason Aya was so hard is because I had to not only use my soft reset tactic that I used for almost every important battle in this game (except for Julia, Serra and Noel), but I had to fight her and get ready to go pick up dinner at the same time lol. Despite her bulky ass poison team, I was lucky to have the team I did back then with Infernape, Alakazam, Golduck w/ Zen Headbutt, Donphan, Stunktank and........ Leavanny couldn't do shit lol. Because of them that's the only way that I would have been able to pull off such a risky gameplan involving Psychics, uncertain flinches and crits and BULLDOZE, BULLDOZE, BULLDOZE!!!!

I faced a similar situation with Sigmund, being that he had a stat advantage on me with speed and evasiveness. Cain was wishy washy when it came to cooperation, but that's to be expected with a CPU. But once again, Donphan came in clutch with BULLDOZE, BULLDOZE, BULLDOZE!!!! But he learned Earthquake mid battle so you already know how that goes down. In the end he was no match for me.

Moral of the story: BULLDOZE, BULLDOZE, BULLDOZE Ground types are an essential part of ANY team...

Edited by AveMatic

*Uses Smack Down*

Smack down is not ground type.

Also, i have an offensive move of every type on my team currently except for poison, steel, and ground...it's really quite unfortunate. Recently i've been contemplating forsaking my cryogonal(which only contributes ice offensively but is a good special tank and has recover and reflect and light screen and holds a light clay so even if it dies it was very helpful) for a Marowak(which has good def and probably the highest available attack in the game with a thick club, considering it is only surpassed by deoxys-a, and it has good defense, but it is VERY slow and may only contribute Ground type moves, so against a flying or levitate pokemon i would have to switch out, which i hate doing in any situation...)

Smack down is not ground type.

Also, i have an offensive move of every type on my team currently except for poison, steel, and ground...it's really quite unfortunate. Recently i've been contemplating forsaking my cryogonal(which only contributes ice offensively but is a good special tank and has recover and reflect and light screen and holds a light clay so even if it dies it was very helpful) for a Marowak(which has good def and probably the highest available attack in the game with a thick club, considering it is only surpassed by deoxys-a, and it has good defense, but it is VERY slow and may only contribute Ground type moves, so against a flying or levitate pokemon i would have to switch out, which i hate doing in any situation...)

Rampardos has the highest attack in the game right now at 165, 5 higher than thick club marowawk. :mellow:

Rampardos has the highest attack in the game right now at 165, 5 higher than thick club marowawk. :mellow:

No. It's not 160 attack vs 165 attack, it's 80 base x2 vs 165 base. i just double checked and with max EVs, IVs, and an Attack-boosting nature, Marowak has 284 attack.....THEN it is multiplied by 2. Meaning a max attack of 568. Rampardos with max EVs, IVs and an attack boosting nature can reach only 471 attack(medicham reaches 480 in the same situation, with its ability). i was wrong actually though about Deoxys-a, it only reaches 504. So Marowak is the strongest pokemon, on 1st turn without a choice item. By quite a lot. Which is amazing.

No. It's not 160 attack vs 165 attack, it's 80 base x2 vs 165 base. i just double checked and with max EVs, IVs, and an Attack-boosting nature, Marowak has 284 attack.....THEN it is multiplied by 2. Meaning a max attack of 568. Rampardos with max EVs, IVs and an attack boosting nature can reach only 471 attack(medicham reaches 480 in the same situation, with its ability). i was wrong actually though about Deoxys-a, it only reaches 504. So Marowak is the strongest pokemon, on 1st turn without a choice item. By quite a lot. Which is amazing.

Huh, you learn something new everyday.... nvm than!

My first battle that was hard enough to put me through like: '' WHEN I BEAT YOUR ASS YOU'RE GONNA SUCK MY !$#!% YOU LITTLE PIECE OF #$"$" YOU MOTHA#$%#$% **censored** '', was with Shade... seriously, I had to evolve my Carvanha to a Sharpedo to even get a close chance to win... The next headache was with Aya... Holy sh"#$ man, and even with my Alakazam in my team it was hard because I leveled him up above lv. 45, so... yeah. Those were hard times. :T

Shade was the the second hardest for me my first time around, had nothing to do super effective damage against dat chandy and had to beef up my pokemon before I was able to beat him. My hardest was definently harder mainly because I was facing the original Aya without a pokemon who could do super effective damage.

Btw Awesome Mega Blaziken sprite dude

Florinia, because overleveled combusken. Kinda funny since I curbstomped Fern 6-0 several times later with bulk up blaziken.

Shade, because the only pokemon that could be super effective against his team is frail, ie. gardevoir with shadow ball.

Serra, because snow hax.

Edited by garchomp550

I had a fair few difficult fights. Florinia was the first one, because she was pretty powerful at the time, my team couldn't do much. Ironically, it was a freshly caught Scraggy, which I named Lavis Edge, that actually brought down her Cradily (at least, I think it was freshly caught, it was level 14). She decided to set up a full Curse, while I used full Sand Attack. The two times she tried to use Smack Down, they failed. Then two critical Low Kicks in a row took it down. After Elysion, my Vulpix, learned Flame Burst, it was pretty smooth sailing for the rest of the fight. Shade and Corey were both rather irritating, but it was mostly thanks to my Gardevoir that I won those. Aya...god, I hated Aya SOOOOOO much. I had to get a Diglett to level 40 before evolving it, so it could learn Earthquake. Then I had to raise a Crobat in order to confuse any stragglers that were left behind by the Earthquake devastation. But even my Dugtrio, Maguwa, couldn't beat them all. In the end, it came down to God Hand, my Toxicroak, and FaeVidente, my Gardevoir. Now before I proceed, I intend to breed a new Zorua with Dark Pulse and Extrasensory

My team has been able to sweep through, so far, every Gym Leader except 1 without a loss. Took a lot of careful planning, but doable.

Noel beat me one time. Used Venusaur, set up per-usual, OHKOing with Solarbeam and then Girafarig had Sap Sipper :( My Gengar was underleveled at that point and SOMEHOW that stupid giraiffe was faster than my Blaziken.

Knowing that the second time around I switched up set up and won.