Angie and Crescent are right

22 hours ago, Gheist said:

Okay you've cleared it up. Perhaps I was over analyzing your wording a bit. Force of habit.

Btw, I know who you are, I just don't know how much story related content is in everyone's heads at any given moment. Jan could be keeping it to himself for all I know. Maybe to avoid spoilers leaking.

It's probably not all written up yet anyway.

The story has been written up since like, v6 or 7.

3 hours ago, Meteor Knight said:

That's kinda disappointing that there is Romance in it as I kinda expected the platonic type Romance the least (purest than any religion lmfao.. jk). Well it will raise this games popularity if you guys wanted add unexpectedly. 

No she is saying there is NO romance. And if it's platonic than it's not romantic. It basically means you're "bonding" as friends.

" Also I can understand Gheist too we are doing way alot of things while going out of our way for various side characters with no rewards. "

The reward is their company (and various items/pokemon/access to locations). But yea I'm probably not the only one who would be upset if they spent years (in game and in real life) risking their lives and fighting for these girls and then at the end they just go: "Oh thanks for all that. Btw, I'm gonna go date/marry X now. Bye bye."

I'm not trying to say they necessarily owe you anything but there are certainly implications to how you act towards people of the opposite gender, especially if you constantly end up relying on them.

It's complicated in general. But of course you've also done more for some characters than others.

2 hours ago, Alisae said:

Hey, remember when Melia's shiny Garbodor chewed off the power at the very beginning of the game?
This was supposed to be a hint that maybe Melia shouldn't go to Goldenwood Cave.

She did anyway.

If she's not smart enough to take a hint, then she's not smart enough to thank you for helping her out.

I can't tell whether you're being sarcastic or not but if not, how in the hell is she suppose to take a random wild Pokemon fucking with the power lines as a hint that she shouldn't go into a forest she's been in many times before? I mean at this point she had absolutely no idea some evil team was after her or that she should expect anything particularly abnormal to happen.

If your car breaks down, do you take that as a hint that you shouldn't go to work that day? And then if you take a taxi/bus and your workplace gets shot up, were you stupid for not taking the "hint"?

Or actually in this case you would have fixed your car in 5 minutes and then gone to work driving it. Maybe if the entire train had gotten blown up you would have had a point.

14 minutes ago, Gheist said:

The reward is their company (and various items/pokemon/access to locations). But yea I'm probably not the only one who would be upset if they spent years (in game and in real life) risking their lives and fighting for these girls and then at the end they just go: "Oh thanks for all that. Btw, I'm gonna go date/marry X now. Bye bye."

I'm not trying to say they necessarily owe you anything but there are certainly implications to how you act towards people of the opposite gender, especially if you constantly end up relying on them.

It's complicated in general. But of course you've also done more for some characters than others.

i think you need to just accept you (the mc) and the cast are all platonic friends. the devs aren't obligated to implement a romantic route into the story just because you become emotionally invested in some of the characters. don't be a niceguy(tm) and confuse responsibility with gratitude. Obviously melia,venam, ren, or w/e are grateful for what you've done for them in the story but they don't be romantically interested in you as a result of that. 

23 minutes ago, LisiaImai said:

i think you need to just accept you (the mc) and the cast are all platonic friends. the devs aren't obligated to implement a romantic route into the story just because you become emotionally invested in some of the characters. don't be a niceguy(tm) and confuse responsibility with gratitude. Obviously melia,venam, ren, or w/e are grateful for what you've done for them in the story but they don't be romantically interested in you as a result of that. 

I doubt you've read all my posts in this thread since I've said from the start that I'd be perfectly fine with an open ending where everybody is just friends. What I do not want is all the potential love interests ending up with some other character leaving only the player as this platonic friend because that would basically mean you got cucked 7 times over.

Btw, that "the devs are not obligated blah blah blah" is such a throw away statement. Like yea, I can't sue them for not making the type of story I want. Wow, I was not aware of that. I am just sitting here and voicing my opinion on discussion thread about that exact subject. They can choose to take it into consideration or not. I am not here demanding anything nor am I trying to imply they owe me anything.

As for the in game characters, I already explained my position in the exact post you're replying to.

• Upvote 1