Cheat Engine for hatching issues.

Mettatex

Ive been using Cheat Engine as a way to speed up the breeding process as stated by This post here (lovely post btw, props to the creator), and its been lovely ever since. Ive been having genuine fun with breeding for the first time. 

Everything changed when it decided not to work for hatching eggs.

To put it short, I was trying to breed for a shiny magikarp and right as I was about to try the hatching method it just said no. Not allowed.

The part thats bugging me is the "Decreased Value by 2 -> Next Scan" part. Normally, when I do this, 5 values come up and I change them to 3 and nothing wrong happens, the eggs just hatch. Ever since today, it decided to not show any values anymore. This is really bugging me because as far as I know this method of hatching eggs isnt looked down upon, and I really enjoy using it because of the pace and the fact that I like messing around with CE. Please do help if you know anything!

43 minutes ago, Mettatex said:

as far as I know this method of hatching eggs isnt looked down upon

I'M LOOKING DOWN ON YOU *scowls*
( jk I don't care what you do in your singleplayer games )
( pls don't hurt me )

Ahem... do you perchance have, in your team, a pokemon with the ability Flame Body?
It halves the steps needed for hatching eggs; haven't checked the code, but it would make sense for this to be implemented by decreasing that value by 4 instead of by 2.

44 minutes ago, Mettatex said:

Ive been using Cheat Engine as a way to speed up the breeding process as stated by This post here (lovely post btw, props to the creator), and its been lovely ever since. Ive been having genuine fun with breeding for the first time. 

To put it short, I was trying to breed for a shiny magikarp and right as I was about to try the hatching method it just said no. Not allowed.

The part thats bugging me is the "Decreased Value by 2 -> Next Scan" part. Normally, when I do this, 5 values come up and I change them to 3 and nothing wrong happens, the eggs just hatch. Ever since today, it decided to not show any values anymore. This is really bugging me because as far as I know this method of hatching eggs isnt looked down upon, and I really enjoy using it because of the pace and the fact that I like messing around with CE. Please do help if you know anything!

I don't know about how to fix it but if you start with a clean version and download this Mod for Reborn it hastens the egg hatching

https://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/35122-speedbreed-e181-updated-20180816/

36 minutes ago, Waynolt said:

I'M LOOKING DOWN ON YOU *scowls*
( jk I don't care what you do in your singleplayer games )
( pls don't hurt me )

Ahem... do you perchance have, in your team, a pokemon with the ability Flame Body?
It halves the steps needed for hatching eggs; haven't checked the code, but it would make sense for this to be implemented by decreasing that value by 4 instead of by 2.

I have no pokemon with Flame Body in my party as of now, Ive got a Level 75 Emboar as my only pokemon with Magikarp Eggs surrounding it.

35 minutes ago, Starry Knight said:

I don't know about how to fix it but if you start with a clean version and download this Mod for Reborn it hastens the egg hatching

https://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/35122-speedbreed-e181-updated-20180816/

Hey thanks for that :D. If this really doesnt work out, Ill just resort to this i think. But Ill probably only use this as a last resort. Thanks anyways!

11 hours ago, Mettatex said:

@Mettatex there is this Speed Breed mod that is use and it is extremely useful, starry already gave the link 🙂 It is really helpful as the mod provides two machines at the daycare, 1 to generate eggs another one to hatch them, I don't know if you can predetermine shiny hatches using the cheat engine but the reborn shiny odds are 1/33 if you have the shiny charm soo its easier just using this breed mod also if you really need a shiny magikarp I have a few of them stored in my file, you can always  come check it out.

12 hours ago, Starry Knight said:

@Mettatex you can quote mulitiple people using the plus button in the bottom left corner of each of the comments you want to quote XD

That's fine thought it might help since it's easy to use/do

Actually, Ill probably use the mod until I get CE to work again, I get the mod's faster but i really liked using CE. So again, thanks for telling me about it! (and thanks for telling me about the multiquote im new here and didnt know xD)

2 hours ago, Eigengrau said:

@Mettatex there is this Speed Breed mod that is use and it is extremely useful, starry already gave the link 🙂 It is really helpful as the mod provides two machines at the daycare, 1 to generate eggs another one to hatch them, I don't know if you can predetermine shiny hatches using the cheat engine but the reborn shiny odds are 1/33 if you have the shiny charm soo its easier just using this breed mod also if you really need a shiny magikarp I have a few of them stored in my file, you can always  come check it out.

Its ok, Ive got what I wanted now. Thanks a lot for the offer tho ;D.