[TOOL] Translation Manager

Waynolt

6 minutes ago, andracass said:

i hear that waynolt has a mod that helps with translations. i'd recommend using it. the internal translator is very broken.

Where can I find the mod? Have already searched almost everything from him, have not found so far. 

Just now, andracass said:

i think it's this?

Yeah thank you, but tbo, this is the tool I am using right now and it is not optimized for E19, so there are a few errors in the code and right now, it is not possible to play with a uncompiled/new translation. :)

On 8/6/2022 at 10:08 PM, TheTob1 said:

Would be great, unfortunately i can't identify the bug myself and would be happy to play the game in german. I am already very progressed with the translation.

Seems there is nothing new to this - is there anybody, who could help here? @Waynolt @Finley

Edited by TheTob1

Also did some testing with the ingame translation script, translated some lines manually in the extracted txt file, compiled it and loaded the german.dat - translation is "active" but sadly did not change anything I translated. Seems like the ingame support for translations is very bad in E19. :(

Big Edit: Finally found a way, just had to rename the "german.dat" to "deutsch.dat", which is used in the settings script. Now there is a long way to go, because I have to translate the textfile again in notepad. :D Sadly I cannot use the translation tool, because it removes some lines on top, which are needed for compiling with the debug function/menu.

Edited by TheTob1
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Following the Pokemon Essentials doc wiki is enough.But this tool really saves time.Hope to have a new editor like this

1 Line 38 of "PokemonSystem.rb" 

"!havedata" to "true"

2 Line 319 and Line 320 of "Settings.rb" 

Remove comment symbol and edit as you need

3 The e19 group has changed a lot.Repair it or edit each line of txt files

• 1 year later...

Hi! I was wondering, are you going to update this tool, now that Reborn is complete? Maybe after 19.5.0 is out? No pressure tho! I'm sure I could manage without it/using the old version, but it would be very convenient if you do. Good luck, regardless of what you decide!