Theories: Elite Four and Saphira: Teams

Outside Indoorsman

On 1/23/2019 at 4:50 PM, Destrakon said:

I was thinking the same. too. I suppose, after we defeat Anna, Lin will interrupt in order to take Anna's Amethyst Pendant.. But Elite Four are mostly faced in Victory Road, which is on the highest level of Charous Mountain near Route 4. And Lin, already take the mysterious gear from Agate City deeps. So, I guess we're going to face Lin behind the doors of under Grand Starcase, The Citae Arc-d'Astrae (where we fought Arceus), in order to stop her of taking The Meteor.

Yeah, well, do you guys remember the anagram from within the void? I T  W A S  A N N A. Wonder what's the connection between them, and the fact that Anna's field can transform into New World field got me thinking.

If the Flower Garden is used in the E4 then I hope Laura has a Cherrim. At Stages 3/4/5 it reduces the damage that Grass-types take and it activates Flower Gift which grants buffs to teams in double battles. It could actually become difficult to take out with bulk investment and Leech Seed.

I love Cherrim and would love to see it on one of the end game teams.

Also Flower Veil halves damage done to the owner and their team mates.. so imagine Cherrim + Florges as partners. I might even raise my own duo to pair for that arena lol.

tumblr_mlmhcfW1661qhd8sao1_500.gif

• Like 1

Going to agree with Egzample. I really don't want too many over-used (in this game) pokemon in the elite four. It makes the teams feel less unique (and less powerful in some cases). I mean, the field effects are there to make boss battles more unique, so surely they can be used to make a few less powerful pokemon more potent. That said, I understand that not using any overused pokemon is impossible and avoiding them may cause more troubles for the developers, so including them isn't necessary an issue. However, pokemon such as Gardevoir, Klefki, Togekiss and especially Scizor could stand to be reduced, since it feels like almost every other trainer is carrying one late game. Some of them may actually make them weaker ( scizor for example falls to a single fire type attack and is very monotonous, always doing the same thing in each battle).

Besides that ramble, anyone have any idea how Saphira will be handled ? Reading her field effect makes it seem like eliminating it is quite easy and her typing leaves a few things to be desired (exploitable STAB without field effect, numerous weaknesses to alot of strong pokemon, like Salamence, Weavile etc and being weak to their own field except for Dragonite).  Also wonder whether she will battle in a single or a double battle, since she could easily do either to eliminate the chance of a clean sweep or to have multiple chances sweeping the player. Wonder if she will have a dragonair due to automatic marvel scale or more than one dragonite (like Lance) with different moves to make her scarier. 

2 hours ago, GGLL said:

Going to agree with Egzample. I really don't want too many over-used (in this game) pokemon in the elite four. It makes the teams feel less unique (and less powerful in some cases). I mean, the field effects are there to make boss battles more unique, so surely they can be used to make a few less powerful pokemon more potent. That said, I understand that not using any overused pokemon is impossible and avoiding them may cause more troubles for the developers, so including them isn't necessary an issue. However, pokemon such as Gardevoir, Klefki, Togekiss and especially Scizor could stand to be reduced, since it feels like almost every other trainer is carrying one late game. Some of them may actually make them weaker ( scizor for example falls to a single fire type attack and is very monotonous, always doing the same thing in each battle).

Besides that ramble, anyone have any idea how Saphira will be handled ? Reading her field effect makes it seem like eliminating it is quite easy and her typing leaves a few things to be desired (exploitable STAB without field effect, numerous weaknesses to alot of strong pokemon, like Salamence, Weavile etc and being weak to their own field except for Dragonite).  Also wonder whether she will battle in a single or a double battle, since she could easily do either to eliminate the chance of a clean sweep or to have multiple chances sweeping the player. Wonder if she will have a dragonair due to automatic marvel scale or more than one dragonite (like Lance) with different moves to make her scarier. 

In my opinion, Saphira will only get one Dragonite, it is her boss, and clearly a powerful foe, considering field effects, abiltity, maybe some dragon dance and a Dragonium Z?, Dragonite could be some pain. As for other pokemon, I guess Saphire will cover it weakness with pokemon like Kommo-o and Dragalge, I heard a while ago that she would get Salamance, but I don't think so, Salamance is already Heather's Ace, I'll put instead Haxorus having a ludicrous high attack, and access to D.D and Poison Jab. As for the other 2, as a symbol of her sisters, Turnotanor (Charlotte) having both of the types boosted by field, and Mega Sceptile (Laura), for Dragon-type, and if I remember quietly, I havven't seen one owned by a opponent in-game so far. As for format, Singles, imo, Haxorus, Dragonite, Kommo-o are more prompted to be in singles, But I'm a dumb, Maybe I'm totally wrong, and maybe Im totally wrong. But I do really hope for Saphira the hardest Gym Battle, last time I struggled with a Gym was Ciel. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully, this will actually be the final draft of the Elite Four and Saphira I come up with. I think I have covered all my bases, and due to the Redux mod inspiring me, I added postgame matches for everyone.

Saphira (Singles):

Spoiler

1: Druddigon (Mold Breaker) (Rocky Helmet)

-Dragon Claw

-Earthquake

-Scary Face

-Stealth Rock

(Scary Face is there to allow Druddigon to (maybe) outpace the first enemy sent out or make it easier prey for the Dragon to follow, and Stealth Rock is there to weaken enemy teams)

2: Noivern (Infiltrator) (Dragon Gem)

-Boomburst

-Dragon Pulse

-Roost

-Acrobatics

(Fastest Dragon pokemon that isn’t Ultra Necrozma, meaning a Field STAB Dragon move will hit absurdly hard and the chance of outpacing Noivern is very low. Boomburst is there in case the field becomes a Cave thanks to the player, and Roost briefly removes the Ice weakness entirely (Dragon and Fairy types still can cause issues, though)).

3: Haxorus (Mold Breaker) (Expert Belt)

-Dragon Dance

-Poison Jab

-Dragon Claw

-Earthquake

(Fast and strong, but mostly meant for singles more than doubles, in my mind).

4: Turtonator (Shell Armor) (White Herb)

-Shell Smash

-Flamethrower

-Dragon Tail

-Flash Cannon

(Tribute to Charlotte, uses STAB field and Shell Smash)

5: Mega Sceptile

-Frenzy Plant

-Dragon Claw

-Facade

-Hone Claws

(Tribute to Laura, and a pokemon fast enough to speed past most enemies and use Frenzy Plant or Dragon Claw to remove them - Facade is for if Toxic Spikes or a status move is used).

6: Dragonite (Multiscale) (Leftovers)

-Dragon Dance

-Protect

-Outrage

-Iron Tail

(Her ace. Extremely dangerous.)

(Team is noticeably faster overall than Doubles team, and like Hardy’s in the brute force aspect. However, it’s also weak against Ice if the Dragon’s Den is removed, and is reliant on the Dragon’s Den to boost the power of their STAB moves to OHKO most enemy pokemon).

Saphira (Doubles):

Spoiler

1: Flygon (Levitate) (Berry that reduces Dragon damage)

-Dragon Dance

-Earthquake

-Outrage

-Iron Tail

(Dragon Dance user, who can allow Tyrantrum to use Earthquake without hitting it)

2: Tyrantrum (Strong Jaw) (Assault Vest)

-Earthquake

-Rock Slide

-Fire Fang

-Outrage

(Has moves that are field boosted and Earthquake/Rock Slide for if the field becomes a Cave).

3: Drampa (Berserk) (Elemental Seed)

-Nature Power

-Hyper Voice

-Flamethrower

-Thunder Wave

(Has Seed-boosted Hyper Voice to blast both enemy pokemon, and Nature Power and Flamethrower to boot. Will be hamstrung if the field is changed before it comes out, though)

4: Alolan Exeggutor (Harvest) (Iapapa Berry)

-Trick Room

-Recycle

-Iron Head

-Leaf Storm

(Due to this team’s low speed, Exeggutor mainly acts as a Trick Room setter so that said weakness is covered, and to cover the Fairy weakness with Iron Head).

5: Mega Altaria (Cloud Nine before Mega)

-Dragon Dance

-Hyper Voice

-Earthquake

-Cotton Guard

(Immune to Dragon moves, and has a reduced Ice weakness, meaning the enemy team has to prepare specifically for Altaria. Yes, this is stolen from Ciel, but it’s too useful here to be passed up, I think).

6: Dragonite (Multiscale) (Berry that reduces Dragon damage)

-Dragon Dance

-Rock Slide

-Outrage

-Fly

(Outrage is the main attacking move on the Den field, but Saphira can’t control where it aims to give the player a better chance).

(Team’s main weakness is that pokemon are pretty slow (hence Trick Room Exeggutor) and there isn’t much coverage for Fairies. Also due to said slowness, faster Dragon pokemon will make short work of most of the team. If you can outpace her, the fight should (probably) be doable).

Saphira Postgame Rematch (Singles) (Dragon)

Spoiler

1: Latias (Levitate) (Soul Dew)

-Reflect Type

-Psychic

-Dragon Pulse

-Charge Beam

(Reflect Type is taken from the Hardcore leaders I designed a while ago, in case a Fairy type shows up, and Charge Beam boosts Special Attack most of the time).

2: Salamence (Moxie) (Leftovers)

-Dragon Claw

-Fly

-Iron Defense

-Dragon Dance

(Iron Defense and Dragon Dance are there to help deal with the often-physical Dragon moves, and Moxie lets Salamance rack up a sweep after a boost from each or a enemy pokemon that's low on HP).

3: Mega Charizard X

-Mega Kick

-Fire Blast

-Dragon Dance

-Earthquake

(Fire Blast has replaced Blast Burn).

4: Noivern (Infiltrator) (Life Orb)

-Boomburst

-Dragon Pulse

-Air Slash

-Dark Pulse

(Meant to deal damage, abusing the Life Orb, field Dragon Boost, and overall just hitting as hard as possible and KOing low hp enemies).

5: Naganadel (Beast Boost) (Poisonium-Z)

-Sludge Bomb

-Dragon Pulse

-Gastro Acid

-Heat Wave

(Beast Boost is there to increase Speed, Gastro Acid is there to counter enemy abilities that cause trouble).

6: Dragonite (Multiscale) (Berry that reduces Rock damage)

-Dragon Dance

-Dragon Claw

-Earthquake

-Rock Slide

(Meant as a defensive fighter initially, to use Dragon Dance and then (hopefully) sweep).

Heather (Flying) (Singles) (Mountain Field):

Spoiler

1: Talonflame (Gale Wings) (Telluric Seed)

-Tailwind

-Flare Blitz

-Steel Wing

-Acrobatics

(Tailwind setter for the rest of the team thanks to Gale Wings - the Telluric Seed boosts Attack afterwards).

2: Yanmega (Speed Boost) (Focus Sash)

-Tailwind

-Protect

-Silver Wind

-Air Slash

(Tribute to Shelly, meant to set Tailwind after a turn with Speed Boost/Protect and pick off enemies with boosted moves).

3: Crobat (Infiltrator) (Flyium-Z)

-Dark Pulse

-Air Slash

-Sludge Bomb

-Nasty Plot

(Her dad’s Crobat - someone pointed it out to me, and it was absurdly fitting).

4: Drifblim (Flare Boost) (Flame Orb)

-Thunder

-Ominous Wind

-Icy Wind

-Air Cutter

(Every move you see here is field boosted, I will say no more).

5: Noctowl (Tinted Lens) (Life Orb)

-Moonblast

-Twister

-Hurricane

-Silver Wind

(No weaknesses after Tailwind setup by Talonflame or Yanmega due to Strong Winds and the Flying type reducing the Fighting weakness, and Twister and Hurricane (and Silver Wind) are powered up here. Noctowl’s special attack is decent, and with no weaknesses, Tailwind, and field/life orb boosted moves, Noctowl could be good for once).

6: Mega Salamence (Intimidate before Mega) (Ace)

-Outrage

-Return

-Heat Wave

-Steel Wing

(Heather’s ace pokemon, only known pokemon, and the one most likely to be her Mega).

Heather (Flying) (Doubles) (Mountain Field):

Spoiler

1: Minior (Shields Down) (White Herb)

-Rock Slide

-Acrobatics

-Shell Smash

-Earthquake

(Rock and Flying are both field-strengthened, and Earthquake deals damage to all the traditional Flying weaknesses save Ice (which Rock Slide is there for)).

2: Skarmory (Weak Armor) (Leftovers)

-Icy Wind

-Brave Bird

-Iron Head

-Tailwind

(Icy Wind is mega-boosted here even given Skarmory’s low Special Attack, and the speed-lowering part is the main point. Also serves as the first Tailwind setter).

3: Braviary (Sheer Force) (Choice Band)

-Rock Slide

-Crush Claw

-Brave Bird

-Shadow Claw

(Replaces Altaria from the last version of Heather’s team. Just realized that Heather has both Mandibuzz and Braviary here. No weaknesses after Tailwind setup).

4: Mandibuzz (Overcoat) (Rocky Helmet)

-Roost

-Foul Play

-Tailwind

-Brave Bird

(Vulture on a mountain, more of a defensive than offensive pokemon. Mostly focused on using field attack boosts and healing through damage).

5: Starraptor (Intimidate) (Fightium-Z)

-Brave Bird

-Return

-Tailwind

-Close Combat

(Like Noctowl in Singles, has no weaknesses after the Tailwind setup, and can counter Ice or Rock types with CC and Breakneck Blitz. Only other major trainer who has a Starraptor that I can remember for sure is Solaris, so this seems safe).

6: Mega Salamence (Intimidate before Mega)

-Heat Wave

-Swift

-Rock Slide

-Outrage

(Salamence’s only non double attack is Outrage).

(Heavy use of Tailwind in this team, given the field sets up Strong Winds if it is active. Both of Heather’s teams make usage of lower-”Ranked” pokemon, which have their issues/weaknesses taken down by the Strong Winds field boost).

Postgame Fight: Heather (Doubles) (Flying)

Spoiler

1: Talonflame (Gale Wings) (Flynium-Z)

-Tailwind

-Heat Wave

-Brave Bird

-Steel Wing

(Initial Tailwind setter for the team, which can use Z-Tailwind to boost critical hit ratio by two stages or unleash a Brave-Bird powered Supersonic Skystrike).

2: Skarmory (Sturdy) (Leftovers)

-Icy Wind

-Iron Head

-Roost

-Spikes

(Spikes and Roost are there to help harry the enemy team, and Icy Wind lets Heather’s pokemon pretty much guaranteed outspeed the enemy to set up Tailwind or deal a KO blow).

3: Zapdos (Pressure) (Wise Glasses)

-Thunder

-Extrasensory

-Ancient Power

-Ominous Wind

(Roost is not featured here, as that would leave Zapdos vulnerable to Ground moves it otherwise could ignore - the only weakness it has when Tailwind is up. Runs an offensive set with moves that are mostly boosted by the Mountain).

4: Archeops (Defeatist) (Sitrus Berry)

-Tailwind

-Rock Slide

-Earthquake

-Focus Blast

(Focus Blast is there for Rock or Ice types, and Earthquake is for Electric. Tailwind is there for if Defeatist takes effect and the Berry isn’t enough to get Archeops up past half health).

5: Therian Tornadus (Regenerator) (Wide Lens)

-Tailwind

-Hurricane

-Focus Blast

-U-Turn

(Uses Focus Blast and Hurricane to deal damage, with accuracy boosted by the Wide Lens, as well as U-Turn to heal itself via Regenerator. No weaknesses after Tailwind is set up).

6: Mega Salamence (Intimidate before Mega)

-Swift

-Heat Wave

-Outrage

-Earthquake

(Has all offensive moves, with all of them but Outrage serving as a dual attack).

Anna (Singles) (Psychic) (Starlight Arena):

(Not confirmed as an Elite Four member, but the writing is on the wall, and it’s no secret what pokemon and type suits the Starlight Arena best. Anna was a psychic leader in the league online).

Spoiler

1: Mega Alakazam

-Psychic

-Reflect

-Thunderbolt

-Shadow Ball

(Mega Metagross was moved to Doubles so that each team had only one Steel/Psychic type, and Mega Alakazam was the one that took its place - we haven’t really seen Alakazam that much yet in Reborn, so here we go!)

2: Sigilyph (Magic Guard) (Life Orb)

-Cosmic Power

-Stored Power

-Air Slash

-Energy Ball

(Cosmic Power is boosted and Stored Power is strengthened as well, both very useful for this field).

3: Musharna (Forewarn) (Rocky Helmet)

-Moonlight

-Calm Mind

-Psychic

-Swift

(Forewarn is fitting due to Anna being somewhat of a seer, and Swift and Moonlight are field-boosted).

4: Starmie (Illuminate) (Psychium-Z)

-Swift

-Surf

-Psychic

-Recover

(Both fitting for Anna’s star theme and for the field itself - Starmie even gets an Special Attack boost here due to Illuminate).

5: Jynx (Forewarn) (Light Clay)

-Aurora Veil

-Dazzling Gleam

-Ice Beam

-Protect

(The field enables Aurora Veil, and Forewarn is fitting for Anna. Jynx might not be the best pokemon ever, but she’s got her chance here).

6: Nostra (Jirachi) (Serene Grace) (Berry that reduces Ghost damage)

-Doom Desire

-Psyshock

-Cosmic Power

-Moonblast

(Being an Ubers-worthy nightmare on this field means Jirachi might not get used - I am not sure if the Elite Four will all get Legendary Pokemon in Round 1. Either way, even without a Z-move Nostra is going to be a massive issue for players who try to brute force their way through (unless there’s a lot of brute force)).

Anna (Psychic) (Doubles) (Starlight Arena)

Spoiler

1: Mega Metagross (Clear Body before Mega)

-Meteor Mash

-Zen Headbutt

-Earthquake

-Rock Slide

(Anna’s Mega pokemon, and her physical attacker).

2: Chimecho (Levitate) (Life Orb)

-Cosmic Power

-Swift

-Stored Power

-Dazzling Gleam

(Chimecho is oddly well suited for this field, it appears, and as a partner to Mega Metagross after a CP boost).

3: Starmie (Illuminate) (Leftovers)

-Surf

-Psychic

-Cosmic Power

-Swift

(Like in Singles, Starmie is just too suited for this field to let it pass).

4: Wobbuffet (Shadow Tag) (Berry that lets pokemon move first in a pinch)

-Mirror Coat

-Counter

-Encore

-Destiny Bond

(Shadow Tag user, meant to drag enemies down and trap them. Berry is there to tag an enemy with Encore or Destiny Bond at low HP).

5: Slowbro (Regenerator) (Assault Vest)

-Earthquake

-Psychic

-Scald/Surf

-Flamethrower

(Slow Bro makes me think of how Anna might view Noel “forgetting” that Nostra and Nomos can talk).

6: Gothitelle (Shadow Tag) (Darkium-Z)

-Protect

-Signal Beam

-Foul Play

-Psychic

(Apparently Anna’s ace in the online league (and her only confirmed pokemon in earlier episodes). Protect is to keep Gothitelle safe from Surfs and Earthquakes from Metagross and Starmie, and Shadow Tag ensures nobody is getting away. Black Hole Eclipse is field boosted twice over and deals Fairy damage too, so even based off of the lackluster Attack stat Gothitelle has, good luck surviving it).

Postgame Fight: Anna (Doubles) (Psychic)

Spoiler

1: Mega Metagross (Clear Body before Mega)

-Meteor Mash

-Zen Headbutt

-Earthquake

-Shadow Ball

(Same pokemon from her Doubles match, and what was present there for Chimecho applies here with Mesprit).

2: Mesprit (Levitate) (Wise Glasses)

-Swift

-Psychic

-Stealth Rock

-Water Pulse

(Apparently relegated to PU normally. Here, Mesprit is a lot more fitting with its moveset and Levitate keeping it safe from Metagross’s Earthquake. Water Pulse is there for Ground or Fire types looking to go after Metagross).

3: Starmie (Illuminate) (Berry that reduces Dark damage)

-Cosmic Power

-Swift

-Surf

-Psychic

(Like all her other teams, Anna has a Starmie here).

4: Gothitelle (Shadow Tag) (Darkium-Z)

-Dark Pulse

-Protect

-Signal Beam

-Future Sight

(Both of Anna’s two Aces made it here, with Shadow Tag preventing a swap out as long as Gothitelle is up and the Dark Z-Move probably knocking out anyone that doesn’t resist it).

5: Jynx (Dry Skin) (Light Clay)

-Aurora Veil

-Lovely Kiss

-Ice Beam

-Psychic

(Like before, mostly a Aurora Veil setter, this time with Dry Skin in case Starmie uses Surf).

6: Jirachi (Serene Grace) (Berry that reduces Ghost damage)

-Cosmic Power

-Charge Beam

-Meteor Mash

-Psyshock

(As nightmarish as ever, with a guaranteed Special Attack boosting move thank to Charge Beam, and a Ghost-damage reducing Berry ensuring the remaining Psychic weakness on this field, Ghost, isn’t as much of a problem (since Dark-moves become part Fairy type)).

Laura and Bennett: (Singles) (Bug and Grass) (Flower Garden Field)

(Laura and Bennett are fought 12 on 6, with no breaks or healing periods in between, Bennett going first and Laura second. The field Bennett had at the end is what Laura will start with - if Bennett got the field to Stage 3, Laura starts on Stage 3. Has stronger pokemon and weather conditions than Doubles to counter Singles generally being seen as less difficult).

Bennett:

Spoiler

(The battle is started with Rain active already, and it continues throughout the battle unless the player changes the weather).

1: Araqunaid (Water Bubble) (Water Gem)

-Stockpile

-Liquidation

-Sticky Web

-Lunge

(Sticky Web setter and rain exploiter).

2: Galvantula (Swarm) (Life Orb)

-Thunder

-Leech Life

-Energy Ball

-Light Screen

(Has Thunder for Rain Dance, and can heal Life Orb damage with Leech Life).

3: Volcarona (Swarm) (Charti Berry)

-Fiery Dance

-Energy Ball

-Bug Buzz

-Hurricane

(Fiery Dance is to be used if Rain is canceled out, Hurricane can be used without missing otherwise. Volcarona is on almost every Fire or Bug team in the game - but it’s just too fitting and powerful to turn down).

4: Crustle (Sturdy) (Berry that lets pokemon go first in a pinch)

-Nature Power

-Rock Wrecker

-Earthquake

-Stealth Rock

(Boosts the field’s overall Stage with Nature Power, and sets Stealth Rock for the remainder of the fight).

5: Mega Pinsir (Hyper Cutter before Mega)

-Close Combat

-Return

-Swords Dance/X-Scissor

-Rock Slide

(We haven't seen too much of Pinsir in the game, and I decided one would be appropriate here).

6: Butterfree (Compound Eyes) (Bugnium-Z)

-Sleep Powder

-Quiver Dance

-Bug Buzz

-Air Slash

(Fights by using Sleep Powder to knock out enemies (accuracy-boosted via Compound Eyes) and following up with Air Slash or Bug Buzz/Z-move to harry the enemy team before you fight Laura).

Laura:

Spoiler

(Like Bennett, Laura’s team starts the battle with the Rain being removed from the field and being replaced by Sun. 5 of her pokemon receive ability-boosted advantages from the Sun, in this battle).

1: Whimsicott (Prankster) (Synthetic Seed)

-Cotton Guard

-Nature Power

-Solar Beam

-Moonblast

(Gets a defense and healing boost from the Seed and has Cotton Guard to boost defense, with Prankster letting both of Whimsicott's stat moves get a priority boost).

2: Sawsbuck (Chlorophyll) (Life Orb)

-Jump Kick

-Horn Leech

-Return

-Nature Power

(A rarely used pokemon, I believe. The boost from Chlorophyll and Nature Power/Growth could result in a very nasty sweeper if Sawsbuck is not stopped quickly).

3: Sunflora (Solar Power) (Synthetic Seed)

-Flower Shield

-Energy Ball

-Earth Power

-Nature Power

(Flower Shield and Sunny Day, and fits the flower theme Laura has. Originally was in the Doubles team, but is more fitting on a Sun team).

4: Mega Venusaur (Chlorophyll before Mega)

-Solar Beam

-Synthesis

-Sludge Bomb

-Nature Power

(Chlorophyll allows Venusaur to outspeed most enemy pokemon on Turn 1 it’s out before the Mega’s lower speed kicks in, due to Sun. Synthesis and Solar Beam mean Venusaur is fairly reliant on Sun to be effective, though).

5: Jumpluff (Chlorophyll) (Big Root)

-Sunny Day

-Solar Beam

-Strength Sap

-Nature Power

(Acts as a secondary Sunny Day setter, or uses Solarbeam and Nature Power if Sunny Day is still up).

6: Lilligant (Chlorophyll) (Grassium-Z)

-Nature Power

-Synthesis/Energy Ball

-Leaf Storm

-Hidden Power (Rock)

(In theory, at this point, the field will be at least at Stage 3, if not 4 or 5 if the player hasn’t made copious use of Cut to prevent it from reaching that point (or set it on fire), making Lilligant basically take less damage, move faster, and hit harder than almost anything. The Bloom Doom attack sending it up another Stage just makes it worse).

(This team has four/five separate Chlorophyll users on it - which in hindsight, is actually likely given what Laura said about her team being able to outrun anything if the weather is changed at the Glass Workshop).

Bennett and Laura (Doubles) (Bug and Grass) (Flower Garden Field):

(The 12-on-6 battle against both Laura and Bennett is less focused on weather effects than the singles battle is, due to Bennett and Laura both benefiting more from one effect than the other - here, Rain Dance is the only effect they use, due to the reduction to Fire damage).

Laura:

Spoiler

1: Cherrim (Flower Gift) (Synthetic Seed)

-Flower Shield

-Petal Blizzard

-Weather Ball

-Protect

(Boosts Special Defense and Attack thanks to Flower Gift, and sets the field to Stage 2 directly after the battle starts - possibly Stage 3 if Masquerain sets up Rain Dance on turn 1. Weather Ball will probably be a Water move, thanks to the theoretical Rain Dance setup by Masquerain).

2: Leavanny (Swarm) (Focus Sash)

-Steel Wing

-X-Scissor

-Nature Power

-Leaf Blade

(Swarm user for Laura’s team, making Swarm-boosted Bug attacks hit x3 harder overall at Stage 3, which theoretically will go up before Leavanny comes out).

3: Tangrowth (Regenerator) (Synthetic Seed)

-Earthquake

-Giga Drain

-U-Turn

-Nature Power

(The effect of Ingrain keeping Tangrowth in can be bypassed with U-turn, and the +1 Special Defense boost works the same as an Assault Vest, if I am understanding the boost correctly, with the added bonus of a healing effect and not needing to be restricted to attack moves. Originally part of the Singles team, but is more fitting on Doubles, I think).

4: Leafeon (Chlorophyll) (Assault Vest)

-Leaf Blade

-Iron Tail

-Dig

-X-Scissor

(Has Dig and Iron Tail for dealing with Rock types that go after Bennett and Fire types).

5: Mega Sceptile

-Dragon Claw

-Earthquake

-Leaf Storm

-Nature Power

(Part Dragon-type as a tribute to her sister Saphira, and has Earthquake to counter Fire pokemon).

6: Lilligant (Chlorophyll) (Grassium-Z)

-Nature Power

-Energy Ball

-Dream Eater

-Sleep Powder

(Laura’s ace, which can use Sleep Powder (plus Dream Eater) and has Nature Power).

Bennett:

Spoiler

1: Masquerain (Intimidate) (Damp Rock)

-Rain Dance

-Liquidation

-Sticky Web

-Air Slash

(Sets Rain Dance and lowers enemy attack, also using the Attack boost from Flower Gift to deal damage).

2: Parasect (Dry Skin) (Synthetic Seed)

-Rototiller

-Sleep Powder

-Throat Chop

-Seed Bomb

(Bug and Grass, and has Rototiller for this field. Dry Skin allows Parasect to benefit from rain a second time as well as get a secondary healing effect besides Ingrain).

3: Volcarona (Swarm) (Charti Berry)

-Flamethrower

-Bug Buzz

-Hurricane

-Quiver Dance

(Has a single-target Fire move for Stage 3 and beyond, good mon overall).

4: Crustle (Weak Armor) (Synthetic Seed)

-Rototiller

-Rock Slide

-Earthquake

-X-Scissor

(Has Rototiller to boost field/allies, and Earthquake/Rock Slide for Fire types)

5: Mega Beedrill

-Infestation

-Drill Run

-Poison Jab

-X-Scissor

(Gardens need pollinators, so to say - a bee is fitting for a flower garden).

6: Butterfree (Tinted Lens) (Grassium-Z)

-Quiver Dance

-Sleep Powder

-Bug Buzz

-Air Slash

(Bennett’s ace - meant to use Sleep Powder to disable enemy pokemon, especially given the Stage 5 field making Sleep Powder dual-target enemies and have 100% accuracy).

(Focused more on cooperation and team attacks than the previous Singles battle, I think).

Postgame Fight: Laura and Bennett (Doubles) (Grass and Bug)

(Fought together here. All 12 pokemon are drawn from a single pool, and both Laura and Bennett can send out pokemon from the other’s type/team, so the only way to fight against a single pokemon is to make sure they have only one pokemon left between them).

Spoiler

1: Galvantula (Swarm) (Damp Rock)

-Thunder

-Rain Dance

-Sticky Web

-Struggle Bug

(Rain setter, who harasses the enemy with Thunder afterwards and Swarm boosted Struggle Bug, plus Sticky Web)

2: Cherrim (Flower Gift) (Synthetic Seed)

-Flower Shield

-Petal Blizzard

-Weather Ball

-Heal Pulse

(Mostly meant as a defensive pokemon, who uses Petal Blizzard and Weather Ball, plus Flower Shield to boost defenses and grow the field).

3: Tangrowth (Regenerator) (Synthetic Seed)

-Nature Power

-Earthquake

-U-Turn

-Power Whip

(Growth mixed with the Synthetic Seed for special defense boost means Tangrowth is going to be difficult to KO, and Nature Power will strengthen it further and grow the field)

4: Volcarona (Swarm) (Charti Berry)

-Hurricane

-Bug Buzz/Psychic

-Fiery Dance

-Quiver Dance

(Same Volcarona as always, for the same reasons as usual).

5: Mega Heracross (Swarm before Mega)

-Pin Missile

-Earthquake

-Rock Blast

-Brick Break

(Uses Skill Link to deal damage, with Swarm potentially used if the Field is high enough level, and Brick Break there to counter Screens).

6: Crustle (Shell Armor) (Synthetic Seed)

-Rock Slide

-X-Scissor

-Rototiller

-Earthquake

(Same as before, with a defensive build and Rototiller to grow the field and itself)

7:Mega Venusaur (Chlorophyll before Mega)

-Nature Power

-Energy Ball

-Weather Ball/Hidden Power (Rock)

-Outrage

(Outrage is there to sucker punch Dragon types after a Nature Power boost, but it might not be able to coexist with Weather Ball, hence the HP/WB divide).

8: Genesect (Download) (Douse Drive)

-U-Turn

-Techno Cannon

-Blaze Kick

-Flash Cannon

(Has Bug, Steel, Water, and Fire moves to use both of Genesect’s STABs, the Rain boost, and potentially the field Fire boost, and both physical and special moves to ensure attacks can exploit an enemy weakness)

9: Sky Shaymin (Serene Grace) (Life Orb)

-Air Slash

-Seed Flare

-Earth Power

-Dazzling Gleam

(One of the best Grass-types there is, with a moveset designed to cause problems for the foe. And if the Rainbow field goes up due to a enemy throwing up sun with the rain, Air Slash is a guaranteed flinch if it hits).

10: Roserade (Technician) (Grassium-Z)

-Toxic Spikes

-Petal Dance

-Hidden Power (Water)

-Sludge Bomb

(Hidden Power aided by Technician, and Petal Dance is field boosted. Toxic Spikes is for if Roserade is sent out early, to poison the enemy team).

11: Lilligant (Chlorophyll) (Synthetic Seed)

-Sleep Powder

-Petal Dance

-Nature Power

-Dream Eater

(Has Petal Dance to get multiple field boosts, plus Dream Eater to take advantage of Sleep Powder).

12: Butterfree (Compound Eyes) (Flyium-Z)

-Sleep Powder

-Air Slash

-Bug Buzz

-Rain Dance

(Sets up a Rain Dance to aid their team, and uses Compound-Eyes boosted Sleep Powder to cause issues if the accuracy hasn’t gotten a field boost (and to ensure Air Slash hits)).

Elias (Singles) (Normal) (Holy Field):

Considering El is a fairly high-ranking part of Team Meteor, and the pokemon that would fit the field best, we have given El’s whole team PULSE-2’s. Also, Normal types are not exactly known for their high ranking in the totem pole, so the boost would help make him more threatening.

Spoiler

1: Oranguru (Inner Focus) (Psychium-Z)

-Nature Power

-Psychic

-Reflect

-Nasty Plot

(Considering how old gurus tend to be and how old El is, this seems pretty appropriate even without the Field boost).

2: Pyroar (Moxie) (Life Orb)

-Sunny Day

-Heat Wave

-Solar Beam

-Hyper Voice

(I was originally going for a bit of a Sun team with El, but decided against it. A lion is a pretty common symbol for christians here on Earth, though - El is all about religion).

3: Mega Lopunny (Limber before Mega)

-Cosmic Power

-Jump Kick

-Return

-Thunder Punch

(Altered from the original plans - Mega Khangaskhan has been moved to the postgame fight. Also, Cosmic Power works best here for El’s teams).

4: Drampa (Berserk) (Magical Seed)

-Nature Power

-Dragon Pulse

-Hyper Voice

-Flamethrower

(Field boosted in several attacks, and can use Nature Power to fire off Judgement).

5: Bibarel (Moody) (Focus Sash)

-Protect

-Swords Dance

-Aqua Jet

-Return

(Has maximum EVs/IVs in every stat, plus a +Attack, -Special Attack nature. Meant to abuse Protect and the Focus Sash to stack up Moody boosts as well as an Attack boost).

6: Smeargle (Moody) (Focus Sash) (Ace)

-Judgement

-Protect

-Cosmic Power

-Spore

(Either this or Ditto was his ace in the online league from what I can find, and Smeargle fits Singles more than Doubles. Kind of a horrible pokemon statwise (PULSE-2 helps there at least), though the movepool is something I can do anything I want with).

Elias (Doubles) (Normal) (Holy Field)

(All of El’s pokemon have PULSE-2s on them, given that most of them are fairly low-ranking in terms of threat typically, and teamwork has a heavy focus here).

Spoiler

1: Stantler (Intimidate) (Leftovers)

-Skill Swap

-Zen Headbutt

-Reflect

-Return

(IVs and Nature both have speed maxed out, mainly acts as Intimidater and support for Slaking. More defensive/strategic starting pokemon).

2: Slaking (Truant) (Assault Vest)

-Earthquake

-Rock Slide

-Return

-Brick Break

(Turn 1 hopefully has Slaking Skill Swapped by Stantler, and the Assault Vest helps cover Slaking’s low Special Defense).

3: Wigglytuff (Competitive) (Magical Seed)

-Dazzling Gleam

-Flamethrower

-Wish

-Focus Blast

(Fairy moves are field boosted, and Flamethrower/Focus Blast are there to deal with Steel and Rock type upstarts)

4: Mega Audino

-Skill Swap

-Dazzling Gleam

-Hyper Voice

-Heal Pulse

(Special moves that Audino has are boosted by the field, and Skill Swap is for Stoutland, Stantler, or Drampa (to trigger Intimidate or Berserk twice) or an enemy pokemon with a good ability. Heal Pulse heals up allied pokemon).

5: Stoutland (Intimidate) (Choice Band)

-Play Rough

-Return

-Stomping Tantrum

-Psychic Fangs

(Removes enemy Screens and has Intimidate/Helping Hand to boost ally attacks and reduce enemy damage).

6: Ditto (Limber) (Quick Powder)

-Transform

(Transform used on other teammate or a good enemy pokemon)

(The Intimidaters are there to weaken most Fighting attacks, which the field itself doesn’t do much for defensively).

Postgame Fight: El (Doubles) (Normal)

(As always, perfect IVS, Natures, and PULSE-2s for all. El has his Arceus-Ditto back for the last round here).

Spoiler

1: Diggersby (Huge Power) (Wide Lens)

-Gastro Acid

-Earthquake

-Return

-Gunk Shot

(Sets up Gastro Acid on Regigigas and supports it afterwards).

2: Regigigas (Slow Start) (Leftovers)

-Crush Grip

-Ancient Power

-Zen Headbutt

-Nature Power

(Normally low-ranking pokemon, but can be dangerous here with Ancient Power and Nature Power even if Slow Start is not removed).

3: Mega Khangaskhan (Early Bird before Mega)

-Rock Slide

-Seismic Toss/Power-Up Punch

-Body Slam

-Icy Wind

(Uses mostly moves that benefit the most from the increased chance of getting a useful effect, thanks to Parental Bond).

4: Drampa (Berserk) (Normalium-Z)

-Hyper Voice

-Dragon Pulse

-Flamethrower

-Helping Hand

(Same as before, meant to wail away)

5: Starraptor (Intimidate) (Assault Vest)

-Close Combat

-Return

-Steel Wing

-Roost

(Used in the Zekrom route, originally Solaris’s).

OR

5: Chatot (Keen Eye) (Choice Specs)

-Boomburst

-Heat Wave

-Hidden Power (Fighting)

-Echoed Voice

(Used in the Reshiram route, originally Taka’s).

6: Ditto-Arceus (Multitype) (Berry that reduces Fighting damage)

-Nature Power

-Earth Power

-Liquidation

-Cosmic Power

(Possibly under leveled compared to the rest of El’s team, due to originally being a Ditto, and a 720 base stat pokemon).

3 hours ago, Outside Indoorsman said:

Er, do you think I made it too hard or too easy? Because my sarcasm skills are poor.

We're just being jerks for no reason. Sorry, but I do think you made them all too easy. In theory a lot of this stuff could work, but we have access to every non legendary Pokemon in the game. Pokemon like Drampa and Chimecho simply aren't going to cut it for lategame. 

In a one on one, normally I'd agree. But, say... Drampa has a superpowered Judgement thanks to Nature Power and the Holy Field, and Chimecho can double it's defenses with Cosmic Power (boosted by Starlight Arena) while letting Metagross use Earthquake freely. The fields make them more dangerous than usual. For instance, Jynx shows up for Anna because Aurora Veil doesn't need hail to be set up there. The Pokemon are not the best I will admit, but they are fitting for the fields they are on.