Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Looking For A Good Water Type

Nue

Question

So I did the side quest for the daycare for the water type egg and after around I kid you not two hours of hatching this egg I finally got this timid nature guy.

Good.png.6cf7841d25edf6d2992602b49e17d95b.png

I know using Modest is better but at this point I don't care, all I was looking for was good Ivs.

Anyone know of any good water types are cause he's my only one at the moment (not using Goldeen or that other fish). He will be staying on as a rotation mon if there is a better one around.

Edited by Nue

7 answers to this question

The early game isn't particularly generous with good water types, so you might want to keep this girl around for a while. Not to mention Clawitzer is pretty neat: decent natural coverage backed by high SpA and Mega launcher, you can be sure she'll pull her weight after she evolves.

If you prefer faster mons you can get Buizel or Carvanha early enough. A bit later you'll have access to bulky Water/Ground in Seismitoad and Gastrodon. Possibilities will open progressively, with many water powerhouses being kept for the late game.

1 hour ago, Alistair said:

The early game isn't particularly generous with good water types, so you might want to keep this girl around for a while. Not to mention Clawitzer is pretty neat: decent natural coverage backed by high SpA and Mega launcher, you can be sure she'll pull her weight after she evolves.

If you prefer faster mons you can get Buizel or Carvanha early enough. A bit later you'll have access to bulky Water/Ground in Seismitoad and Gastrodon. Possibilities will open progressively, with many water powerhouses being kept for the late game.

Was thinking of keeping her as a main and changing her nature later on. Only thing is most of her good moves are move tutor moves meaning she'll only have Water Pulse till I can find that key. Kinda doing side quests before beating 2nd gym, such the the Onix one I'm resetting for right now.

Clauncher at that point in the game isn't anything spectacular, not until you get Clawitzer (it gets Water Pulse just a few levels before that anyways).

The other only really prominent water type at that point is Panpour, which worked out well enough for me all things considered (wait for rain, then go to the Lower Peridot Ward bridge where Noibats appear). I've been told that Pansear might appear as well, but I got Panpour.

As said, Buizel and Carvanha are also options from the Team Aqua/Magma quest depending on who you choose, but Carvanha doesn't learn water moves by itself unless you get the move relearner's key as well

Edited by Metadeth

3 hours ago, Metadeth said:

Oh yeah, if you go with the Aqua gang and there'll be a point when the gang leader will leave and leave the pool open for access. You can fish for Barboach there too.

I don't know how early this is accessible if you go with the Magma gang

As soon as you storm their base you can go back and fish there as a magma

Wow, just got my second badge and let me say after all the scary stories I heard about her ace it was either pure RNG in my favor or it was nerfed.

For one, here is my current team that I used in this gym

Kasha the Sassy Shiny Dartrix (Grass/Flying) Holding Rose Incense

Razor Leaf

Ominous Wind

Pluck

Growl

Gastronomo the Modest Gulpin (Poison)

Sludge

Acid Spray

Pound

Amnesia

Khepri the Timid Joltik (Bug/Electr)

Bug Bite

Adsorb

Eletroweb

Cut

Artillery the Timid Clauncher (Water) Holding Sea Incense

Bubble

Aqua Jet

Splash

Water Sport

Now whoever said the Rowlet line was one of the worst starter properly never done this but my Dartrix 4-0 most her team by simply Plucking. I switched it out to use the Slugma you get to kill her Ferroseed then of all pokemon I switched in my Glupin who's Sludge posioned her ace and managed to kill it on the same turn it critical killed my Gupin.

So was it RNG or did the fight get nerfed?