What do i do without my favorite Cacnea?

Guest Relinquished

Guest Relinquished

In earlier episodes, i used to reset, if i was unlucky much to get a pokemon, other than Cacnea, from the egg event... Now, it has been moved over, to that empty train, at Chrysolia Forest, accessible after beating Serra. During testing phases, from the 3 times i played the game to reach certain points (not full runs), i always got Cacnea there, so i was happy and assured that it was stationary... Exactly how Maractus used to be before, especially in ep16. Problem is, in my current, full run of the game, when i picked the egg up, it was a Maractus, instead...

Cacturne was crucial to my team, for many reasons. Mostly, the huge attack stats, the varied movepool, the special protect and the extremely hard-hitting, stab Sucker-Punch! Hell, what am i going to do, at the upcoming difficult battles (Meteor Gang at Titania-Amaria house raid, Terra fight, etc)? How will i "survive", until i reach the desert of ep17 content, without my favorite cactus? Any suggestions to replace it with a good pokemon, before leaving for Agate? Should i consider Houndoom, Kroocodile, Shiftry or something else? Still, though, Houndoom is a fire and i already got one, Kroocodile lacks Sucker Punch (which i need) and i already have 2 grounds and Shiftry is lacking, stats-wise, when compared to Cacturne; plus, it seems to be tailored, around physical moves more.

Ah, why no love for Cacnea, Ame?

• Global Mods

Krook is super good with stab crunch + earthquake by levelup and some other good options, nice abilities, and pretty fast with something like Jolly too. however, with 2 ground types, might not be it. 

If you're looking for a strong Suckerpuncher, how about Honchkrow? Very high attack, Moxie to make it even stronger. not that much movepool diversity, but good Stab options.

(And later on you can Choice Band it for maximum AI abuse)

1 hour ago, GS BALL said:

In earlier episodes, i used to reset, if i was unlucky much to get a pokemon, other than Cacnea, from the egg event... Now, it has been moved over, to that empty train, at Chrysolia Forest, accessible after beating Serra. During testing phases, from the 3 times i played the game to reach certain points (not full runs), i always got Cacnea there, so i was happy and assured that it was stationary... Exactly how Maractus used to be before, especially in ep16. Problem is, in my current, full run of the game, when i picked the egg up, it was a Maractus, instead...

Cacturne was crucial to my team, for many reasons. Mostly, the huge attack stats, the varied movepool, the special protect and the extremely hard-hitting, stab Sucker-Punch! Hell, what am i going to do, at the upcoming difficult battles (Meteor Gang at Titania-Amaria house raid, Terra fight, etc)? How will i "survive", until i reach the desert of ep17 content, without my favorite cactus? Any suggestions to replace it with a good pokemon, before leaving for Agate? Should i consider Houndoom, Kroocodile, Shiftry or something else? Still, though, Houndoom is a fire and i already got one, Kroocodile lacks Sucker Punch (which i need) and i already have 2 grounds and Shiftry is lacking, stats-wise, when compared to Cacturne; plus, it seems to be tailored, around physical moves more.

Ah, why no love for Cacnea, Ame?

Honchkrow should be the best Sucker Punch user available at this point. A second dark type, that I´m quite fond of, is Scrafty: he doesn´t look too good on paper, but he´s quite bulky and can set up with dragon dance or bulk up + he get´s intimidate. Coverage wise he gets the elemental punches.

Guest Relinquished

Scrafty sounds interesting and i admit, more appealing! Since i used to keep Low Kick on Cacturne (and the lack of a fighting type is noticeable, in my team)! Fighting type unaffected by Psychics, too? Say no more, count me in! I had all but forgotten, about the poor Pangoro's captive.

Guest Relinquished
16 hours ago, The Swordsman said:

Why not do a trade for Cacnea?

I could also import my own, from my other save, but this is a new run and instead of "rules", i follow the "use only whatever the game gave you", till the end of the story content. 😛 It's just that i though Maractus got entirely replaced by Cacnea, but instead, they both have an equal chance to appear at that place (in previous episodes, Maractus was stationary and 100% found there).

Also, i should follow Reborn's/Ame's idea, which is to force us use less "appealing" pokemon.