Let's talk about Corey...

victor95600

Well... since we all know, Corey is the 3rd gym leader and a member of the Team Plasma, who after you fight with him, his daughter decides to escape away from him... or he just simply says that you should go to the Beryl Bridge, so that he can show you something...
Well, here's the point, in short words, after you defeat him and you follow him to the bridge, he kills himself... basically, a part of the story which reeeeaally sucks you in, because you want to know what happens next, but I just want to ask some questions here...

I know that there are 2 different stories involving him, so I would like to explain them a little bit so that I can ask something:

1#~ The 1rst one is that he is caught by the policemen after you defeat Taka and ZEL, and then Heather realizes that he is a criminal, making her really sad and angry and stuff, making her to escape away ... something that makes Corey to hate you for. And then in the bridge he talks about why he joined Team Plasma... aaand kills himself after that.

2#~ The other version is basically the same, but without getting caught by the policemen, so this way Heather (and maybe our character) never gets to realize that Corey was a member of the Team Plasma all the time ( I guess...), but in the end... he kills himself anyway.

So what I want to ask is, if this affects the story the same way in both versions? or the story after his death gets different in both versions? and I want to ask as well if Heather acts the same way in both versions?

IDK I'm curious guys. :T

Well... since we all know, Corey is the 3rd gym leader and a member of the Team Plasma, who after you fight with him, his daughter decides to escape away from him... or he just simply says that you should go to the Beryl Bridge, so that he can show you something...

Well, here's the point, in short words, after you defeat him and you follow him to the bridge, he kills himself... basically, a part of the story which reeeeaally sucks you in, because you want to know what happens next, but I just want to ask some questions here...

I know that there are 2 different stories involving him, so I would like to explain them a little bit so that I can ask something:

1#~ The 1rst one is that he is caught by the policemen after you defeat Taka and ZEL, and then Heather realizes that he is a criminal, making her really sad and angry and stuff, making her to escape away ... something that makes Corey to hate you for. And then in the bridge he talks about why he joined Team Plasma... aaand kills himself after that.

2#~ The other version is basically the same, but without getting caught by the policemen, so this way Heather (and maybe our character) never gets to realize that Corey was a member of the Team Plasma all the time ( I guess...), but in the end... he kills himself anyway.

So what I want to ask is, if this affects the story the same way in both versions? or the story after his death gets different in both versions? and I want to ask as well if Heather acts the same way in both versions?

IDK I'm curious guys. :T

Gosh, spoilers galore. Anyways, I don't think it affects the storyline in anyway so far. Soooo yea.

Ame said that there's certain requirements to get a "true ending," so I'm sure that these multiple outcome events contribute to it in some way or another.

Edited by Nickaboo92

Ame said that there's certain requirements to get a "true ending," so I'm sure that these multiple outcome events contribute to it in some way or another.

Though she also said that we shouldn't start multiple playthroughs because it's not worth it. I'm confused, a true ending seems extremely important to me.

Does anyone know if there's anything we do in-game to decide which path is chosen and if so what it is? My two playthroughs had both the different ones and I don't remember doing anything different really so I'm just curious is all. ^^

• Administrators

Though she also said that we shouldn't start multiple playthroughs because it's not worth it. I'm confused, a true ending seems extremely important to me.

To clarify, that is, it's probably not worth starting new play-throughs just to see how the story changes in the upcoming episode. It'll all converge back to one point.

If you guys want to playthrough multiple times again, you know, be my guests~

The true ending stuff isn't going to exist until a final rendition of the game, though, so don't worry about it for now

• Administrators

As of now, Heather is an ongoing story line, so in short we don't know yet. No one does, except for MAYBE Ame, if she's resolved it yet.

The veteran members of the community (I'm talking like season one of the PO league) know most of the leaders' stories already, although I'm sure Ame will find ways to twist things up a bit to keep it from being too predictable to those of us who already know, or add in things maybe we didn't :P

As for the "true ending" thing yeah I've already missed every single one of a couple opportunities that I wasn't aware of at the time-

I didn't manage to find all the police officers, didn't beat Solaris on the volcano, I fought Sigmund instead of Sirius, didn't know how to fight El, and if there's anything else I'm not mentioning odds are I missed that too.

I've joked that this will be my BAD END save file on multiple occasions just because of all the important things I was oblivious to at the time, and if such a thing was to, well, be a thing, I'm sure this would be it.

Well... first I would like to say thanks to all of you for answering my questions here! And I didn't expect to see so many people here interested in this topic, (especially the staffs :T) holy shit guys, you're awesome xD. Well... I wanted to ask this because for some reason I decided to reset my game and start a new playthrough, but since I heard of multiple storylines and different outcomes based on the things you accomplish on your game, well... I didn't know about that at first, so it was something that really interested me and I guess that's why I wanted to ask this and try to know, well... what happens if I do this on the game or if I do this other thing, and what happens next after that... I think you get my point.

But in my opinion, I guess it's better if I only choose what I think is perfect to do in the moment, or the things that I can manage to accomplish (Like... trying to defeat Solaris... x_x), so that way, I can enjoy the storyline and the game better by myself, without getting spoiled, of course.

To clarify, that is, it's probably not worth starting new play-throughs just to see how the story changes in the upcoming episode. It'll all converge back to one point.

If you guys want to playthrough multiple times again, you know, be my guests~

The true ending stuff isn't going to exist until a final rendition of the game, though, so don't worry about it for now

Oh I get it, guess I misinterpretated your words back then.

If that's the case, then I think I'm gonna keep up with my current save file and playing through the game following my personal decisions. When the final release eventually comes, then I'll worry about getting the True Ending, maybe following a guide or something.

The veteran members of the community (I'm talking like season one of the PO league) know most of the leaders' stories already, although I'm sure Ame will find ways to twist things up a bit to keep it from being too predictable to those of us who already know, or add in things maybe we didn't :P

As for the "true ending" thing yeah I've already missed every single one of a couple opportunities that I wasn't aware of at the time-

I didn't manage to find all the police officers, didn't beat Solaris on the volcano, I fought Sigmund instead of Sirius, didn't know how to fight El, and if there's anything else I'm not mentioning odds are I missed that too.

I've joked that this will be my BAD END save file on multiple occasions just because of all the important things I was oblivious to at the time, and if such a thing was to, well, be a thing, I'm sure this would be it.

Wait, you can challenge El? I'm assuming that's just before you challenge Bennet? aposvijase DAMMIT! Who in the world are Sigmund and Sirius... Derp. Whattttt I knew none of this.

Edited by JohnnyBR

Wait, you can challenge El? I'm assuming that's just before you challenge Bennet? aposvijase DAMMIT! Who in the world are Sigmund and Sirius... Derp. Whattttt I knew none of this.

Don't worry man, you're not alone in this... *touches shoulder*

• 2 years later...

but I'm confused here I didn't find all the officers before I beat taka and zEl but no I can't find corey or heather no where can someone help me??

Go to Corey's Gym, and set all of the red/blue canisters to either all red or all blue. A room will open up, and Corey will be in it. He'll then go to the battlefield in the Gym, and he'll fight you.