Reborn Highlights~!

Gardevoir

[quote name='Gardevoir' post='9335' date='Jan 14 2011, 07:22 PM']ConnEr[/quote]
You are, single handedly, the best person on all of Reborn. I applaud your awesomeness.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No need to state the obvious, Will!
Last night, 2/14 people won. Must resist... urge... to laugh at people... for the millionth time... Eh, not worth it. Haha~

A surprising lack of drama happened last night, [color=#000000;background:#000000;' onmouseover="this.style.color='#FFFFFF'" onmouseout="this.style.color='#000000']probably because Titania wasn't there[/color]. In lieu of that, my master did beat Ikaru, who clearly can't figure out battling or dealing with [s]bitches[/s] women~

What is noteworthy, though, is that Shelly is losing her confidence. It's almost as though something was... dare I say... [i]bugging[/i] her?

She even implicated that she might stop talking completely (which should probably be a punishment delivered unto Ame... Please?) This development seemed to bother even Geo, which scared me. He has feelings of any kind? Impossible!

[url="http://pokemonreborn.com/logs/1045.html"]Shelly vs. Neku- DRAMATIC BERRY EATING[/url]
[url="http://pokemonreborn.com/logs/1046.html"]Saya vs. Luna- Double'd Ditto[/url]
[url="http://pokemonreborn.com/logs/1056.html"]Julia vs Batman- Double rainbow all the way across the...battle?[/url]
[url="http://pokemonreborn.com/logs/1057.html"]Shelly vs. STK Tyler- Hail fail~[/url]

XOXO
Gossip Gardevoir

• Administrators
You make me sad, Gardevoir.

Anyway, I may as well say this here to clear it up:
I've heard the reports about triples being too prominent, and I made a tally of how many leaders use what type of battle:

11 Leader use Singles
3 Leaders use Doubles
7 Leaders use Triples.

The theoretical probability of getting any time of battle is as such, based on the 15 leaders currently in action:

Singles- 8/15
Doubles- 2/15
Triples- 5/15

You can see that Singles are still most prominent.
Triples may only seem like they're taking over the league because when they are used, it's more likely that the challenger will lose, and therefore, will have to retry the battle. Therefore, the triples matches end up being repeated more than the singles matches, whereas the actual pairings may in fact be less frequent.
There's also the fact that you all could just be focusing on it too much...

But point made, I thinkhope.

[quote name='Gardevoir' post='9423' date='Jan 18 2011, 07:27 PM']A surprising lack of drama happened last night, [color=#000000;background:#000000;' onmouseover="this.style.color='#FFFFFF'" onmouseout="this.style.color='#000000']probably because Titania wasn't there[/color]. In lieu of that, my master did beat Ikaru, who clearly can't figure out battling or dealing with [s]bitches[/s] women~[/quote]

You so funny
lolikaru

And at Ame, I in particular am rather focused and ticked off at the use of doubles and triples because it just seems like a "cheap" way to win for leaders. Let's face it, a singles-geared team will seldom defeat a well built triples built team in triples without prior preparation, and well, it's quite annoying to lose because you simply had nothing. It ah, takes away most of the skill. Just my 2 cents.

*is shot and Reborn*

• Administrators
[quote]A surprising lack of drama happened last night, [color=#000000;background:#000000;' onmouseover="this.style.color='#FFFFFF'" onmouseout="this.style.color='#000000']probably because Titania wasn't there[/color]. In lieu of that, my master did beat Ikaru, who clearly can't figure out battling or dealing with [s]bitches[/s] women~[/quote]
[quote]In lieu of that, my master did beat Ikaru, who clearly can't figure out battling or dealing with [s]bitches[/s] women~[/quote]
[quote]clearly can't figure out battling or dealing with [s]bitches[/s] women~[/quote]
[quote]dealing with [s]bitches[/s] women~[/quote]
[quote][s]bitches[/s][/quote]

No amount of Wish stalling will save you from the hellish firestorm I will rain down upon you if you ever show your face to battle me instead of Radomus.

Just saying.

8/15 chance of singles? Meh...I guess you could say that's accurate. Only problem is, as you go up, no one uses singles anymore. See: Kiki, Radomus, Terra, Blake, Hardy, and probably Amaria.

And for once in my life, I completely and thoroughly agree with Bullet. Singles, Doubles, and Triples are three different metagames with three different strategies. It's damn near impossible to create an effective team without using cheapass Pokes like Doryuuzu that'll work in all three.

Also, yay 900 posts.

[quote name='Bullet' post='9427' date='Jan 18 2011, 08:06 PM']it just seems like a "cheap" way to win for leaders.[/quote]
Yeah, because leaders give a damn on what's considered "cheap."

I just want to say that I do not have nearly as big of a beef with Doubles as I do with Triples. Even though it's still hard, I feel it's easier to adapt a team for a Doubles battle. Does not help that in Triples that the battle usually only lasts 2-4 turns. I also agree with Ame about how it probably feels more prominent because it keeps repeating because of the [s]insane[/s] [s]impossible[/s] [s]ludicrous[/s] hard difficulty. Can we make a compromise and if PO ever gets Rotation battles working, we use that instead of Triples? I feel Doubles does what it does best and that Rotation is the next variation of battles. Triples is just...bleh compared to those two.

[quote name='N8theGr8' post='9429' date='Jan 18 2011, 08:32 PM']And for once in my life, I completely and thoroughly agree with Bullet.[/quote]

See, it's not so hard :P

[quote name='Will' post='9432' date='Jan 18 2011, 08:50 PM']Yeah, because leaders give a damn on what's considered "cheap."[/quote]

That's why we protest :3

[quote name='AZKnight' post='9433' date='Jan 18 2011, 09:52 PM']I just want to say that I do not have nearly as big of a beef with Doubles as I do with Triples. Even though it's still hard, I feel it's easier to adapt a team for a Doubles battle. Does not help that in Triples that the battle usually only lasts 2-4 turns. I also agree with Ame about how it probably feels more prominent because it keeps repeating because of the [s]insane[/s] [s]impossible[/s] [s]ludicrous[/s] hard difficulty. Can we make a compromise and if PO ever gets Rotation battles working, we use that instead of Triples? I feel Doubles does what it does best and that Rotation is the next variation of battles. Triples is just...bleh compared to those two.[/quote]

Rotation, from what I've seen, is as different to triples as triples is different to singles. I sitll wants them though ._. NAO

2/11 people won. Is it fair to say that all of you suck? (It is~)

Shade and his Shedinja are beating all rain dance teams, because clearly it's impossible to deal one point of damage! ^^

On the other hand, one of the two people who managed a win was Nateh, who beat Blake after receiving the rare un-rage from Cal. Maybe Cal has a soft si- Sorry, couldn't write that without laughing~
Aaand the other? Ice, who Urugamowned Titania, because that's clearly a clever pun~ Worthy of Ame's Offical Seal of BadJoke! As for why Ice didn't just do that the first time? Who knows...

Lastly, Amaria made her debut tonight, and Mash immediately started hitting on her. Of course.
(He rebounded awful fast from Julia, didn't he?)

Ikaru asked Amaria about Titania, because he's definitely trying to [s]stalk[/s] understand her. He must learn something.
Namely:
STOP TRYING IT'S NEVER GOING TO WORK IKARU YOU'RE WASTING YOUR TIME
...Phew! Had to get that out of my system~

[url="http://pokemonreborn.com/logs/1060.html"]Nateh vs. Blake- Blake hates Sandstorm![/url]
[url="http://pokemonreborn.com/logs/1061.html"]Amaria vs. Saya- Beginner's luck?[/url]

XOXO
Gossip Gardevoir

• Administrators
I wasn't gonna ask her anything; she somehow knew I was the one that liked her... [s]Shut up, Ame and Mashew[/s]

And you know, if I really am wasting my time, I can't think of any better way to do so. Hate to be mean, but, uh, [i]back off[/i]~ <3

[quote]and Mash immediately started hitting on her. Of course.
(He rebounded awful fast from Julia, didn't he?)[/quote]
....I wasn't even..... I was talking to her and making a new friend... and learning everyone's nickname.. and that she is a secret blonde?... but no... I was not hitting on her.....
[quote]I wasn't gonna ask her anything; she somehow knew I was the one that liked her... Shut up, Ame and Mashew[/quote]
NoU.... but I wont say...

• Administrators
Um, Dragonz, as far as this topic is concerned so far, no one has her badge yet.
That said, as Gardevoir will announce tomorrow, Ice DID beat her. But that's still only one person.

[quote name='AmethystStorm' post='9476' date='Jan 21 2011, 03:59 AM']Um, Dragonz, as far as this topic is concerned so far, no one has her badge yet.
That said, as Gardevoir will announce tomorrow, Ice DID beat her. But that's still only one person.[/quote]

This guy right here is trying to avoid the topic of triples. ^

Also, Knight's Rotation idea is badass and I wouldn't mind Rotation being used over Triples [i]at all[/i], and I'm petty sure many others (Bullet, Will- wait, no, how about [b]every single fucking challenger[/b]). Also, doubles aren't nearly as bad as Triples mainly because like Knight said, Triples is far more different from Singles than Doubles. And really, would leaders like Hardy really care if their Triples was forced to become Doubles?

---

As for the highlights, meh. If [i]I[/i] lost a battle, it's a bad day indeed for challengers. :P Well, I won today. Also, Ikaru, you're apologizing for being mean to [i]Gossip Gardevoir.[/i] ...Do I even need to explain myself here?

EDIT: [quote name='Dragonz996' date='Jan 21 2011, 3:43 AM']Hopefully I'll be online tomorrow for the league, hopefully...[/quote]

When you see it... :3

[quote name='N8theGr8' post='9478' date='Jan 21 2011, 08:21 AM']Also, Knight's Rotation idea is badass and I wouldn't mind Rotation being used over Triples [i]at all[/i], and I'm petty sure many others (Bullet, Will- wait, no, how about [b]every single fucking challenger[/b]).[/quote]
While I agree that triples are pure evil, I've had [b][i][color="#8B0000"]HORRIBLE[/color][/i][/b] experiences with Rotation battles in the Black ROM and the trainer's god-like prediction skills...still, do whatever.

[quote name='AmethystStorm' post='9481' date='Jan 21 2011, 02:37 PM']There's just nothing more to say about them. They're not going anywhere.
"Build a little bridge and get over it."[/quote]

My bridge would be to bother you :3

[quote name='AmethystStorm' post='9476' date='Jan 21 2011, 04:59 PM']Um, Dragonz, as far as this topic is concerned so far, no one has her badge yet.
That said, as Gardevoir will announce tomorrow, Ice DID beat her. But that's still only one person.[/quote]

But according to the Trainer Cards in this topic, Will and Ikaru has her badge too. I'm gonna miss the debut of the Dragon Leader D=

5/16 people won last night. While a good hit percentage for a baseball player, that's not that great here~

Ame failed, because he does that. Oh, you want details? I thought just saying Ame + Fail would be enough. Fiiiiiine... See, He read the availability list for Friday, and gave people the option of fighting Florinia. Personally, I don't know why someone would actually [i]want[/i] to fight Florinia, but that's besides the point. The most important thing? Ame failed! This is, however, compounded by the fact that Florinia didn't correct him of this, and in fact [i]came on the server herself[/i] before anyone said anything.
Although she did seem to be pretending that she knew all along. Truth, or a clever cover-up?

As for what else happened... A lot, actually. Mashew fought Julia, defying all logic. First you're hitting on Amaria, then going back to Julia... it does make for good gossip, though~
Bu! The key here is that Mashew 6-0'd Julia, because Ame didn't send her Mash's right team. Again. Amethyst? Fail? I'm sorry, I can't tell the difference between those two words.

Mean while, Shelly's getting worse, talking less and less. If only --Ikaru with Titania-- Ame could learn from her~ Despite the best efforts of the entire server, effectively lead by Hark in counsel that would put most cinematic inspiration speeches to shame, the poor girl continues to withdraw more and more. She [i]says[/i] she's fine, but she's not exactly a great liar~

On the bright-ish side, Ice beat Amaria, so apparently he's the best of everyone here. Woooooooooow~ This means that once one more person defeats her, we'll finally learn the name of number seventeen. ...After how long?

Let's see, that's two Ame failures in one day. Falls short of the record (23.7, if you're curious) but not bad nonetheless~

Featured Battles:
[url="http://pokemonreborn.com/logs/1071.html"]Hark vs. Shelly- Hark's a psychiatrist. Who knew?[/url]
[url="http://pokemonreborn.com/logs/1080.html"]Ice vs. Amaria- Derpface sweep![/url]
[url="http://pokemonreborn.com/logs/1083.html"]Amaria vs. Saya- Speed tie failure~[/url]

XOXO
Gossip Gardevoir