Anything Anime

Kai

i never really understood all the hate the second season got from original sao fanboys. the fact that they were able to get past the mess that was the first season should be more than enough to allow them to get past... anything lol. personally, while watching the first season, most of the time i was easily distracted by the animation and action scenes and cringed so badly whenever i tried to follow up with the (seemingly written by a teenager obsessed with mmorpgs) story, not mention the freaking romance between those two.

the second season's first arc can get pretty good if you give it enough time. sinon's development was very well done and she's likely the only character in the entire show that isnt boring and uninteresting, thanks to her past and what she achieved in the end of the arc. though, the author kind of ruins all of this by making her just another piece of kirito's shitty harem in the end. ive already said this many times before, but imo, GGO > ALO = SAO (absolute garbage).

From this video, I'm looking forward to alot of the anime this season. What about you guys? Any of them are you looking especially forward to?

the summer season is looking FUCKING AMAZING so far. out of the many shows im already planning to watch, these are the ones im expecting to enjoy the most: gakkou gurashi, GANGSTA, ranpo kitan and kangoku gakuen (tbh im only watching this last one because of how ridiculous it looks, in a good way). ill also be watching a couple others like rokka no yuusha and overlord, tho i expect these and the majority of the upcoming action shows to be decent at best, they'll probably succeed in the animation and fail in everything else, as per usual.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Support Squad

I've been spoilt this season, next looks... meh, even if there's a fair few that I would otherwise see as interesting.

Seriously, the amount of anime I was actively watching jumped from 1 to 9 in the first week of this season.

As for SAO, there was just one glaring thing that bugs me.

Who the fuck plays games after having an experience like that? I don't know about you but if I had almost died and seen close friends die AND COMMIT SUICIDE YEAH I REMEMBER YOU, EP 3 GUY, I would stay the fuck away from any kind of game like that.

As for SAO, there was just one glaring thing that bugs me.

Who the fuck plays games after having an experience like that? I don't know about you but if I had almost died and seen close friends die AND COMMIT SUICIDE YEAH I REMEMBER YOU, EP 3 GUY, I would stay the fuck away from any kind of game like that.

This probably says something bad about my sanity, but I would legit play SAO if it existed today even knowing that I would die if I died. (Assuming there are no other/better VR options.) In my opinion, it's not really that different from living in the real world. If you die, you die. Gotta be safe, just like always.

AND COMMIT SUICIDE YEAH I REMEMBER YOU, EP 3 GUY

This gave me a chuckle. ^_^

• Support Squad

That episodes ramifications were touched on like twice, as though they were ticking off a list of things neccesary for a dark atmosphere and then almost ignoring it. Admittedly Kirito DID hesitate going into GGO for the official guy.

Murder: Check.

Suicide: Check

Betrayal: Check

Abduction: Check.

Harem: Check

Wait...

thats pretty much one of my main issues (if not the main one) with sao summed up in such few words. no idea why the author tried so hard to make it edgy, lmao, if he'd focused on a better story, proper sequences of events, well written characters AND a well developed romance, it could've been a pretty good fantasy show. instead, it feels like one day he had a dream and the entire sao story line was this shitty dream.

holy shit what a twist owari no seraph took on this episode. i was honestly not expecting something like that, and now im really curious on what the second season will try to accomplish after this one.

• Support Squad

holy shit what a twist owari no seraph took on this episode. i was honestly not expecting something like that, and now im really curious on what the second season will try to accomplish after this one.

I was so surprised at seeing the early fall line up. Owaris already lined up for a second season. As well as an ecchi from last season which somehow garnered enough popularity for it.

I was so surprised at seeing the early fall line up. Owaris already lined up for a second season. As well as an ecchi from last season which somehow garnered enough popularity for it.

internally i was going "no, no NO NO SHINOA NO NOT SHINOA NOOOOO, YOU CAN KILL THE BLONDE TSUNDERE, THE JEAN AND EVEN THE MIKA-WANNABE BUT DO NOT FUCKING TOUCH SHINOA NOOOOOOOOOOOO" at the show

even this season's ending will be pretty interesting, to say the least, given there's only one episode left. and that ecchi harem probably gained popularity due to crunchyroll's facebook page spamming it whenever there was a new episode lol. personally dropped it on the first one, since it was no different from standard ecchi harems.

• Support Squad

All I know about that ecchi, Shinma wa testament or something along those lines, is that it was a slightly more serious DxD. That's what it felt like within the first 3 eps at least.

Owari did pick up this episode, I agree. It followed the same lines as a shounen fight i.e the emotion power up but that didn't bother because the execution was done very well. Personally I've rarely seen a transformation quite so visceral as that.

Also Fate was quite good although I can't say I'm satisfied with what happened with Assassin. I knew he would appear with him being so prominent in the Opening and yet not appearing at all this season so I can't say I'm surprised. I'm just hoping for a climactic finale, the mood is certainly set for it.

• Support Squad

So Yamada now just felt so rushed. The seventh witch may as well have just been a macguffin, which is annoying because I kinda wanted to know more about her and why she's apparently so terrifying.

Also, there's so many things just logically wrong with this episode. The president had to erase memories of witches to protect order... and then things get worse. First, if you intended on doing that anyway, WHY LET THEM LEARN IN THE FIRST PLACE?! and second, wouldn't he have foreseen that from behaviour beforehand?

This series would have been so much better as a season rollover, give it 20+ eps instead of cramming it all into 12/13

So Yamada now just felt so rushed. The seventh witch may as well have just been a macguffin, which is annoying because I kinda wanted to know more about her and why she's apparently so terrifying.

Also, there's so many things just logically wrong with this episode. The president had to erase memories of witches to protect order... and then things get worse. First, if you intended on doing that anyway, WHY LET THEM LEARN IN THE FIRST PLACE?! and second, wouldn't he have foreseen that from behaviour beforehand?

This series would have been so much better as a season rollover, give it 20+ eps instead of cramming it all into 12/13

I actually didn't feel too bothered about this episode, I quite liked it tbh, didn't feel as rushed as the green haired guy and the loli's stories. However, I definitely agree that yamada should've been a 20+ episode anime or have at least two seasons. Things would've turned out so much better if each character story had been divided into 2-4 episode long arcs, like they did in the monogotari series and grisaia. Such a shame the anime industry still makes silly and avoidable mistakes like this.

Speaking of grisaia, I can't wait for the finale to see what happens to yuuji. Also, on a side note, I'm so glad michiru is finally going to have a slightly bigger role, since until now she didn't feel as relevant or helpful as the other girls did. And also because of how she appeared in the opening.

I started watching Magi: The Kingdom of Magic. AKA Season 2. I'm a little late to this one since I've been a fan of Magi for a while. I hope it's good like the first season though.

You should enjoy it by far. The series as a whole is amazing, the only issue I have with it is a somewhat lack of character development in particular characters while some don't.

You should enjoy it by far. The series as a whole is amazing, the only issue I have with it is a somewhat lack of character development in particular characters while some don't.

That's just a problem in general with series that have large character casts. There is only so much time to develop all of your characters. That's why you generally see that only a certain set of characters will gain any development at any one time.

A good example would be To Aru Majutsu no Index. In the anime, there is actually very little character development for the main character. Overall, it seems that he is a generally static character and this is a result of the anime staff deciding that it would be better to tell the story and develop the setting at the cost of important character development and this is due to constraints on the series. Take the first arc of the series, for example. What you do see in the anime is the relationships between characters develop but not the characters themselves. This is something that is different from the first volume of the novels where the main character has some pretty important development (heck, I could probably write a good short essay about it if I wanted to) and you can see him progressing in some way. In other words…I lost my train of thought.

I guess my main point is that adaptations have limits that make it so that character development for a large cast is impossible.

Edited by Hiss13

I used to be an anime enthusiast (mind you there's a difference between anime enthusiast and otaku :3) b4 but now I only watch/read Fairy Tail ;-;. Any good manga/anime guys?

What else did you watch because I thought fairy tale was mediocre at best, because it's just a mashup of tropes that other anime have done better.

Log Horizon is good, but it takes about 3 or 4 episodes to start up.

I really liked SAO despite some flaws.

Attack on Titan starts off really, really well but then kinda tapers off.

FMA: Brotherhood is really good.

So was Gurren Laggan.

Surprised you didn't start off talking about Yahari, Dobby considering that new episode.

Anyways, I have yet to watch anything else today besides that amazing finale to Jojo so yea.

• Support Squad

honestly that yahari episode was... I dunno how to feel about it. Something abut it felt off, even if it retained what makes it so good. If it hits me, i'll say