Anything Anime

Kai

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Death Parade really does seem like it will be one of those 'I cant wait for next week" animes. Also the Assassination Classroom manga does very well in Japan, so I would assume the anime will be very well done as long as it sticks to the source material and doesn't go all "last quarter of akame ga kill"on us.

hopefully that doesnt happen, because i can hardly come across comedy shows that make fun of death and horror nowadays ):

btw, is anyone else watching trinity seven? it ends next tuesday iirc, and, id like to say that, for an harem, its done pretty well

ive found most harems so far quite annoying, though, this one wasnt as hate-able, because it doesnt try to be something it's not, and thus, has extremely interesting characters - bar the female tsundere lead, who gets zero development - with a consistent enough plot

EDIT: ALSO ALMOST FORGOT

psycho-pass 2 ended today XD

anyone to share some thoughts? people seem to dislike it a lot in comparison to the original series and i cant really understand why, i liked psycho-pass 2 as much as its prequel, i just wish some new characters had gotten a bit more development/back story

^ I did watch Psycho-Pass 2 and I feel just like you: it was a great ride and keeps the series in my top 5 for sure. Akane turned into a total boss and Shimotsuki... Welp, every story needs an annoying character sometimes, though I think she could have been better developed.

So, I watched some animes these times and I'd like to share opinions on them. Beware of spoilers.

Aldnoah.Zero

It's been a long time since a Mecha managed to get my attention, and Aldnoah did it. Quite good anime, and with THAT ending that completely shocked me.

I did get mad at first, I mean, JUST HOW DUMB SLAINE CAN BE?! But upon further thinking and some research it seems that it was the right thing to do.

Noragami

Is that just me or this one is got some similarities with Mekaku City Actors? Not much really, but the opening did remember me of that anime right away for some reason, and Hiyori looks really like a pink version of Ayano.

Now for the analysis, it was pretty fun and entertaining, though with not many surprises. Not a masterpiece, but a good one to pass time.

Durarara!

Now, the gods of RNG were kind to me when I hit the random anime button that day. I had heard of Durarara! somewhere before, but had no clue it was made by the same team from Baccanno!. A cast of excelent characters, cool story, great execution: this one made it to top 5 easily!

I already talked about Psycho-Pass 2 and I guess Fate/UBW doesn't need any comments besides it being completely amazing. Any recommendations for me to watch now, based on those?

• Support Squad

Well, I'd suggest Monogatari and it's sibling series (By author) Katanagatari. Both are very good with the characters and the narratives are pretty unique, as well as the fact that they are beautifully animated and quite quirky when compared to conventional anime. The one drawback is that the ratio of Exposition to Action is tipped heavily in expositions favour. These shows have a LOT of talking. I didn't mind, but I know some people do

Another recommendation i'd make if you want a quick comedy is the heavily unappreciated Binbugami ga. That show is downright hilarious, and should be watched by everyone. Every character is memorable, all of their interactions priceless and the ending was surprisingly Very, very good.

Honestly, I could do with another recommendation myself, but Durarara has caught my attention, so I suppose i'll pick that up alongside the countless others I should watch

Also, must watch for everyone, and i'd be shocked if people haven't heard of it is Steins;Gate. Amazing show.

Thanks for the suggestions Dobby, I'll give them a try!

I already watched Steins;Gate and it is one of my favorite animes ever... On top 5 along with Fate, Durarara!!, Baccanno!! and Psycho-Pass. It is a Sci-fi/drama show regarding time travel and what can happen if you mess with time too much. The first two episodes are a little slow, but once the plot picks up it is amazing. It is complex and extremely well crafted, with great characters to match all that... Fighting is practicaly none though, so I don't recomend it for action fans too much. It's best points are suspense and plot.

The description of this trailer reads:

"July 28, 2010. Akihabara. A press conference, a scream, a murder. These are the memories of Okabe Rintarou, the leader of the Future Gadget Lab, of that day.
But no one else seems to remember any of these things. At the same time he makes an unbelievable discovery during one of his experiments.
Back then nobody could have guessed what consequences his and his friends actions would have...

Genre: Science Fiction, Thriller, Tragedy, Psychological, Seinen"

The description of this trailer reads:

"July 28, 2010. Akihabara. A press conference, a scream, a murder. These are the memories of Okabe Rintarou, the leader of the Future Gadget Lab, of that day.

But no one else seems to remember any of these things. At the same time he makes an unbelievable discovery during one of his experiments.

Back then nobody could have guessed what consequences his and his friends actions would have...

Genre: Science Fiction, Thriller, Tragedy, Psychological, Seinen"

How terribly vague. I hope you didn't expect me to be convinced...

I'm playing the steins;gate visual novel right now xD. Although, I've been distracted by other things, I'll marathon it eventually.

@above: I plan on watching Seven Deadly Sins, I actually wanted to read the manga first, but since the anime was released, wynaut checking it first.

On this season i personally enjoy Parasyte, Cross Ange and Nanatsu no Taizai, the most. Grisaia no Kajitsu is pretty good too in my opinion.

Also against the seemingly different opinions, I liked SAO 2 pretty much, even more as the first season at some points.

• Support Squad

This seasons high points for me were Fate/, Parasyte and inoue no battle something, something nichijou. The problem with the last one was that is started off strong, it was close to a Harem, but without some of the flaws of such a genre due to a larger lack of fanservice and an interesting main character compared to the other shows of said genre, ut then it flopped a bit as it fell into the routine of each girl having an episode with the mc. End was decent, not fantastic

steins;gate is like interstellar but in anime and with amazing comedy (story includes endless eight)

seriously, watch the shit out of this show

and yea, to me this season's major points were also parasyte and fate ubw season 1

also enjoyed akame, pp 2 and trinity seven, though, they werent nearly as good as those two

On this season i personally enjoy Parasyte, Cross Ange and Nanatsu no Taizai, the most. Grisaia no Kajitsu is pretty good too in my opinion.

Also against the seemingly different opinions, I liked SAO 2 pretty much, even more as the first season at some points.

Just watched SAO ll yesterday and I can say it was enjoyable as well.

Am I the only one who likes to wait till an anime ends just so you can marathon it? I can't wait for ubw and seven deadly sins to end >.<.

Just watched SAO ll yesterday and I can say it was enjoyable as well.

Am I the only one who likes to wait till an anime ends just so you can marathon it? I can't wait for ubw and seven deadly sins to end >.<.

I could never wait that long to watch them. Its just the knowledge they are there and they are good + to much free time, that would drive me crazy.^^ Also the seven deadly sins are not ending in the next 3 months.

I could never wait that long to watch them. Its just the knowledge they are there and they are good + to much free time, that would drive me crazy.^^ Also the seven deadly sins are not ending in the next 3 months.

Manga it is then :(. Tbh I don't have the patience to watch 1 episode every week, I end up procrastinating and starting from the beginning later xD.

• Support Squad

UBW's not gonna end until the end of the next season, if the second half is started straight away next season. If not, it could be finishing even later, unfortunately.

They certainly set the hype train achugging though with that last episode.

Choo Choo motherfuckers, meanwhile i'll be finding all the awesome details by reading the VN