Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

[Episode 18] Looking for a certain Pokemon

GB58

Question

So I was looking at the Pokedex, and I noticed that it said Scyther could be found on the higher parts of Route 4. After for looking for maybe an hour, I wasn't able to find it. So I just wanted it check if there were specific conditions to find it, or a certain room to find it in.

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, GB58 said:

Hide contents

So I was looking at the Pokedex, and I noticed that it said Scyther could be found on the higher parts of Route 4. After for looking for maybe an hour, I wasn't able to find it. So I just wanted it check if there were specific conditions to find it, or a certain room to find it in.

1 hour ago, Angelkitsune said:

you can only find it on the snowy part of the mountain and use heat wave or eruption on it then all the snow will melt and start looking for it in the grass but the encounter rate is 1% only so....Good luck

What angelkitsune means is, it only appears in snowy areas of the mountain but you have to melt the snow first to make it possible to appear.

33 minutes ago, Angelkitsune said:

Thanks for explaining it easily, i know my english is wonky but now i feel silly reading my own post (ノへ ̄、)

it's all good, my only language is english and my english can be terrible at times, that said i don't quite understand the hype of Scyther/Scizor, i have used one before but never caught on with why people like it so damn much, is it really worth a 1% chance search i would only go through that effort as a completionist otherwise there are many MANY options at this point and personally would opt for something else or trade for the dang thing off someone who did bother with it but then everyone has their own pokemon they hype for regardless of good or not there is just one pokemon that you click for.

I dunno maybe Scizor looks cool? Or they have really good stats and of course a mega evolution(is Scizorite available?) .Maybe alot of people want to use it against Hardy since ya know bug/STEEL typing and of course bullet punch very useful against Hardy...i think

Thanks for all of the help and replies! Also,

9 hours ago, Lord Drakyle said:

i don't quite understand the hype of Scyther/Scizor, i have used one before but never caught on with why people like it so damn much, is it really worth a 1% chance search i would only go through that effort as a completionist 

Same, I'm just looking to get the Pokedex entry 🙂. Mega Scizor is a pretty good Pokemon, but I never really understood if people liked it for the design, or the power.