Overrated, Underrated, and Hated

N8theGr8

Kind of irrelevant, but not really.  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which form of weather do you think is best?

• Sandstorm
    • Sun
    • Rain
    • Hail (inb4novotes)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is pretty much the same as what people here have said, but:

Underrated:
Flareon (In UU And NU): Despite Fire Fang being the only STAB physical move it has, it has a good coverage movepool and can hit hard in the lower tiers.

Hated:
Chandelure: This thing is the bane of my existence. Whenever it switches in, you can count on shadow tag to keep you in while it justs overheats your pokemon (or maybe even more than one) to death.

Terrakion: I've seen this thing just thrown out with a choice scarf and dominate whole parties on multiple occasions(though ghost types can easily solve that...). I just wish it would burn.

Serperior: The amount of times i've seen a contraperior own everything on a party with leaf storm is ridiculous. It can even take a few hits and just rampage. It's speed doesn't make it easier for you either.

Chansey: While not the worst offender, it can drive people nuts how it can soften most hits, paralyze/poison you and heal itself.

My sand pokes are taking a bashing here qq. I don't like it.

Underrated-
Maractus

It does a decent job at the roles I give it. When people see me use it they laugh.

Hated-

Liepard.

[img]http://facepwn.com/posters/that%20fucking%20cat.jpg[/img]

If you wanna know why I hate it, then ask Amethyst. I'll never forget that battle ;;

Overrated:
Cloyster: Because its frailer then Omastar.. and little slower then it too..
Underrated:
Omastar: Better then Cloyster becuase its less frail and can infiltrate bulky defensive pokemon like skarmory.

Sigilyph: You mad? well... you will be.. if you dont know how to handle this troll.. 1 dose of cosmic power makes it resist attacks like their nothing.. and stored power just finish job while psycho shifting burn or poison whittles it's opponet down while the damage is being blocked by magic gaurd... lololol

Hated:

Bronzong: Hi, am annoying.. ok, bye-bye! <--FREAKING ANNOYING TR SPAMMER

Gliscor: This one is just annoying.... i can never use right either...

Toxicroak: Derp Derp.. here let me be annoying in the rain and heal myself while i'm practically faster then most of your pokes.. and spam Bulk up and Sucker Punch >: D <-- 3 words: Get a life.. i freaking hate Toxicroak.. Edited by Epic C

[quote name='Epic C' timestamp='1332712826' post='29532]
Hated:

Bronzong: Hi, am annoying.. ok, bye-bye! <--FREAKING ANNOYING TR SPAMMER

Gliscor: This one is just annoying.... i can never use right either...

Toxicroak: Derp Derp.. here let me be annoying in the rain and heal myself while i'm practically faster then most of your pokes.. and spam Bulk up and Sucker Punch >: D <-- 3 words: Get a life.. i freaking hate Toxicroak..
[/quote]

>Hates it because of its main use.

>Hates cuz can't use right.

>Eh. Semi-legit hate.

Neo Said:

Underrated-
Maractus

It does a decent job at the roles I give it. When people see me use it they laugh.

But I like that cactus, especially in the sun or with spikes. Though I say it took down an infernape, I was just lucky there.
That was so hilarious...

And I don't know how to reply to what people say... anyway, one more:

Underrated:
Glaceon: Though outclassable, it (like flareon) has great special attack, and with a scarf and blizzard in hail, it's strong in the lower tiers. Also, it can take at a special move most of the time due to high special defense.

• Administrators
Roo, in the future, just edit your other post rather than double posting. And, you should see a button in the bottom right of posts that says 'Quote'. You can reply that way.

Also, Liepard is pretty. :3 But to be honest -I- forgot that battle...

• 1 month later...
[u]Overrated[/u]
Breloom: He's slow, doesn't have a great movepool, esentially the only set he can run is the spore, swords dance, focus punch set, he is killed by sleep clause, and he has no way to boost his speed w/o a passer, making a sweep extremely difficult.

Haxorus: Although he has monsterous attack and he looks awesome (especially shiny :D ), he is just outclassed by the other dragons that make their homes in OU namely salamence and garchomp. Haxy is held back by its dissapointingly sub-par speed and shallow movepool. Granted that I've used the choice banded set in the past and let me tell you it puts in work, haxorus is just too easily countered and just generally outclassed especially when it comes to a dragon dancer, as salamence and dragonite both do this better and have much more diverse movepools (and dragonite gets a very powerful priority in extremespeed).

[u]Underrated[/u]
Golurk: This big guy is a BEAST. He blessed with terrific typing which gives you a great switch in against powerful fighting types (especially choiced ones) like conkeldurr and has massive attack and a great hp stat, not to mention he can wall terrakion to hell ^_^ . His only drawback is his lackluster speed. However, Gamefreak blessed this big guy with a great boosting move in rock polish making him, with max speed and an adamant nature able to outspeed any non-scarfed pokemon in the teir. But the main selling point for golurk is his amazing dream world ability no-guard, which is only shared by machamp. This ability makes golurk unstoppable allowing him to always land with a dynamicpunch, no to mention he has very reliable and powerful stabs in earthquake and shadow punch. He also can serve as a very good sub-puncher with his ability iron fist. There's not enogh i can say about this guy. In my opinion he is one of the best late-game sweepers in OU. Golurk has all the tools it needs to succeed in OU, and yet nobody ever seems to use him.

Mienshao: Although he looks like an asian stereotype, mienshao is an awesome member on any team. He has an awesome attack stat, a good speed stat, and a decent special attack stat, making a mixed set viable. He can run an effective lead set with taunt and fake out and he can serve as a great all out attacker with a painfully powerful hi jump-kick. He has also been givin two great abilities in reckless, which will power-up his hi jump-kick even more, and regenerator which, paired with u-turn, makes mienshao a great scout and hit and run pokemon.

Sharpedo: I would write about this guy, but many people in this thread have already covered him so I figured i would just give him an honorable mention :) .

[u]Hated[/u]
Excadrill: This assmole (see what i did there? why not ) is simply rediculous. It has a rediculous attack stat that is barely lower than conkeldurr's, an awesome hp stat. Now at first you might say "it's not that OP it has sub-par defenses and very average speed right?" Wrong because of its rediculous ability sand rush (which is esentially the sandstorm version of swift swim), it can outspeed any scarf-user in the game and even outspeed many pokes even after a speed boost or two. And just to add insult to injury excadrill was given swords dance so it can easily set up by switching in on a weak pokemon and SDing on the switch. The only drawback to this dude is his disappointing defenses and relitively shallow movepool.

Porygon 2: Oh lord is this thing is annoying. With evolite, the duck reaches rediculous levels of bulk, has a decent hp stat, and has a very usable base special attack stat at 105 . It has a great ability in trace and is only weak to fighting types. It has a very diverse and annoying movepool with the bolt-beam combo, a reliable recovery move in recover, good status moves, trick room to make use of its terrible speed stat, and to top it all off, a stab tri attack which usually gets some pretty useful hax. Just to put into perspective how bulky this thing is, it can live through two draco meteors from a max special attack salamence, a flare blitz from a choice banded darmanitan, and a +1 outrage from a haxorus. This thing is annoying as hell :angry: .

Toxicroak: This thing (mostly in the rain) is just plain annoying. It has decent hp a great attack stat an ok speed stat, and a usable special attack stat. Its stats look quite dissapointing at first glance. However, once you look at its ability and movepool you'll see why so many people use it. For starters, toxicroad has terrific typing, giving it a buttload of resistances and not many weaknesses (besides psychic and ground). It has an amazing ability in dry skin, making it immune to water type attacks and it gets extra recovery in the rain at the end of every turn. Toxicroak has a ton of boosting moves: swords dance, bulk-up, and nasty plot. It has a very reliable stab in drain punch, giving it even more recovery, and it has a powerful priority move in sucker punch, which also covers its weakness to psychic pokemon. One of the most annoying things about this thing is just how diverse it can be. It can run the standard substitute, bulk-up, sucker punch, drain punch set, or it can also be a very effective sub-puncher.

• 2 weeks later...
Im delving into Ubers/any legendaries.

Overrated:

Suicune
Even though I really, really like Suicune, I see it a lot outside of Reborn to the point where it is excessive. It might have good walling abilities, combined with the power to shut down Rain Teams with a single switch to an incoming water type attack, makes most rain users (excluding Ame because he's so boss with rain) suffer a headache. Thats pretty much what it's good for. Nothing more. CM set up? My TrollTales will take that and Psyshock you.

Rayquaza
While it can shut down weather teams with Airlock (a very fun ability) and has great coverage and speed, it simply does not have the power to stand Stealth Rocks and Ice moves. The most frequent set I see (Focus Sash, DDance, Outrage/Other Physical move here) is easily rendered pointless with the existance of Steel types not named Aggron or Bastiodon, since most Rays I see have EQ.

Underrated

Giratina
For some odd ball reason, I dont see this. At all. Giratina is probably one of the most adeptive Legends out there with a great typing that shuts down Fighting types (which are pretty common in this metagame), a cool move pool, and acess to two formes.
The Altered Forme is bulky as hell. A maximum of 502 HP combined with those high defense stats make OU walls jelly when played correctly. While lacking any decent recovery other than Rest, it can tank and recover little by little thanks to leftovers. It can also abuse status conditions thanks to having both Will-O-Wisp AND Thunder Wave, which can devastate a set up.
With the Origin forme, it swaps Defense for offense, and with the Grisious Orb+STAB Shadow Ball/Claw or Dragon Pulse/Claw can really punch a serious hole on the other team. It's not fast and cant use a scarf, but again, the HP and pretty decent defense ensures that Giratina lives through at least one unboosted Super Effective move against it.

Manaphy
No uber rain team carries this. Why, I do not know. Hydration Rest spam with FUCKING TAIL GLOW makes this little thing aboslutly terrifying! It's bulky enough with some stat arrangements to abuse this, and make short work of anything.

Hated

Genesect
I really hate Genesect. Never could point a figer as to why, but it's another OU Steel type thats abused by a choice item, namely Scarf. It's powerful and can pun a serious hole in my sun team considering that it's used late game. I have more reasons but the bell just rung so ill get back to this later

[quote name='Owen V. Seattle' timestamp='1337106985' post='33101']
Hated

Genesect
I really hate Genesect. Never could point a figer as to why, but it's another OU Steel type thats abused by a choice item, namely Scarf. It's powerful and can pun a serious hole in my sun team considering that it's used late game. I have more reasons but the bell just rung so ill get back to this later
[/quote]

This thing has ripped holes through more monotype teams than the three of us would like to admit... gah.

It's fast, has only one weakness, and hits like a train. Admirable, but sometimes annoying (given its saturation all over the place).