Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Choice Specs?

Girei

Question

11 answers to this question

I went with Team Aqua and got choice specs. Team magma gives another Choice item if I'm not wrong.
Amethyst did say that players will eventually get the other items as well so shouldn't really worry.

But if you really want it, you can fight the clown at Agate Circus and steal his items.
I didn't test it cause I'm not in a rush for those items.

If u followed Team Magma, in periot Ward there is a man (the one that u help at begin of game to find an house and he gives u onix) that gives u Choice specs.

Spoiler

gngn.jpg.9f621c6dfbda1d10bf6244d8d46658cd.jpg

Remember u can find him only during the day if it is clean or sunny.

Ah btw it's not possible steal items from trainers, not even using trick and similar moves.

Edited by Ghost141

I tried with that Clown at Agate, but all i seemed to find were life orbs, leftovers or the odd choice scarf. Also, you can steal items w/ thief, fling and then recycle. Also, what does that man look like, because there is only one man here, who talks about keeping the garden clean.

Edited by Girei

1 hour ago, Ghost141 said:

You can steal them but u can't keep them at the end the battle. I'm sure since i tried it too.

Btw he has an hiker sprite, if u can't find him, probably u didnt do the quest 🤔.

You could in E17 steal items from the clown, not tested in E18 but you needed to survive 3 turns in order to complete the process of stealing an item.

9 hours ago, Girei said:

Well shucks, I guess I can't get that one then. Do you happen to know if any of the pokemon that the Clown has holds a choice specs?

I'm not quite sure, but i read if u didn't do the quest u could find that man in one of the last 2 floors of department store

On 8/14/2018 at 10:49 PM, Ghost141 said:

You can steal them but u can't keep them at the end the battle. I'm sure since i tried it too.

Btw he has an hiker sprite, if u can't find him, probably u didnt do the quest 🤔.

You need to have a Pokemon that knows Covet/thief, fling and recycle. Pansear is the Pokemon I used. First you steal the item, then you fling it at them and then recycle to get it back. If you get it back via recycle, it should stay on your mon even after the battle and now you have the item. Unless of course something was changed in recent updates.

14 hours ago, Gheist said:

You need to have a Pokemon that knows Covet/thief, fling and recycle. Pansear is the Pokemon I used. First you steal the item, then you fling it at them and then recycle to get it back. If you get it back via recycle, it should stay on your mon even after the battle and now you have the item. Unless of course something was changed in recent updates.

Ahh ok got it, i only used trick and ended battle and i couldn't keep them, thx

So I know this is a bit of an old thread, but figured I'd post the answer now that the finally release of the game is out, just in case someone is looking here.

You can actually get 2 copies of each Choice item.

You'll get one copy of each as part of the rewards for clearing out the ghosts in the Victory Road sidequest.

You get a Choice Scarf for completing the Eeveelution Petting sidequest.

At the end of the Gang sidequest you get one depending on which gang you joined. If you joined the Aqua gang, you get a Litten holding a Choice Specs. If you joined the Manga gang, you get a Oshawott holding a Choice Band.

And as Ghost141 mentioned, post city-restoration the Hiker from earlier in the game gives you the Choice item from whichever gang you didn't join, but ONLY if you did his sidequest near the beginning of the game.