Ep18 Gym leader help

Bignoob27

Spoiler

'm unable to beat hardy

Aegislash lvl 90 (Stance change, Spooky plate)

Shadow Sneak

Sacred Sword

Swords Dance

Kings Shield

Metagross lvl 90 (Clear body, Metal Coat)

Meteor Mash

Hammer Arm

Zen headbutt

Rock Smash (I didn't have a choice)

Breloom lvl 90 (Poison Heal, Toxic Orb

Seed Bomb

Drain Punch

Spore

Growth

Swampert lvl 90 (Damp, Choice Band)

Surf

Ice punch

Earthquake

Rock Slide

Vanilluxe 90 (Snow warning, Amplified rock) I want to use him to get rid of the Sandstorm

Blizzard

Ice Beam

Freeze Dry

Mirror shot

Hydreigon (No item atm, Levitate)

Surf

Dragon Pulse

Crunch

Outrage

I want to use Gengar with focus sash to set up trick room and wipe with surf on swampert but don't know where to find Focus Sash

Edited by Bignoob27

Spoiler

Hardy uses 'Strike First, Strike hard' tactics meaning he prioritizes speed and attack but that also means hes weak to his own strategy.

A speed boosting natured sand Rush Lycanroc (Day form) is really good against him and max attack and speed Kommo-o with counter and uppercut with a teluric seed to boost defense and evasion are really good counters, they took out 5 of his mons before one of them went down

My strategy was pretty simple: Mega Aggron with Iron Defense and Heavy Slam (other moves didn't end up being important). Use Iron Defense three times, healing in between once or twice if you need to, then use an X Attack and spam Heavy Slam. Your second pokemon can help draw some attacks away, but more often than not he just uses Rock Slide so you don't need to worry about Aggron fainting. Should work decently well with most bulky Steel-types or anything else that resists Rock moves if you're willing to use some X Defenses.

@Mobius, that was my ending strategy. I think the real issue is that the Rock Slide is not causing flinches as much as it is supposed to. That, and not using Rock SMASH'd!, enough. When he fought me the first time around, My Megaggron got pummeled fast and had to be returned or fainted. My second attempt at the gym still ended the same. I think the Rock SMASH should be used more than slide. Because if he does go for SMASHing, then steal types don't last long...

Spoiler

I led with my two bulkiest mons (Metagross and Mamoswine)

Force fed Mamoswine X. Def and had Metagross spam Iron Defense. All of Hardy's mons use physical moves (similar to how Amaria only has Special moves). If anything, dedicate your first few mons to Metagross to buff it's defense and keep it alive, take it to the move relearner to get Bullet Punch, find the brick break TM if you'd like. And it'll just be a matter of whittling down his mons because even with super effective damage they won't be hurting you as much. Priority moves like Bullet Punch and Mach Punch are also really good here, Bullet Punch can basically shut down his Archeops by making it a weakling with Defeatist before it can even do anything.