My team, and ready for anything!

Mimikyu dayo

Hello! It has been so long since last time I came here, I was so busy. Oh well, I just found out the next update is coming. I am so hyped for this, also impatient lol, so I want to show you my team, which I used since the beginning of my journey with (almost) no backups. Here it is!

delphox__fennekin_final_evolution_by_kei

https://www.deviantart.com/keinhangia/art/Delphox-Fennekin-final-evolution-406084165

Trixie (Delphox) @ Charcoal  
Ability: Blaze  
Timid Nature    
- Flamethrower  
- Psychic  
- Mystical Fire  
- Will-O-Wisp

I began playing Reborn before I received my 3DS, and it just got updated with all the XY stuff, so Fennekin became my true first Kalos starter. I wanted to see how strong Delphox could be, being a powerful special attacker, and it didn't dissapoint. Trixie was able to take on Julia all by herself, destroy Shelly (sorry for that...) and even took on Charlotte's ace, Ninetales, 1 on 1. Not only does it hit hard, but it can cripple with burns and special attack drops, which were useful against giant Steelix and Arceus itself. 

klinklang_by_macuarrorro-d4mua0o.jpg

https://www.deviantart.com/macuarrorro/art/Klinklang-280228920

LyraAndBonBon (Klinklang) @ Normalium Z  
Ability: Clear Body  

Adamant Nature
- Gear Grind  
- Giga Impact  
- Wild Charge  
- Shift Gear

Klinklang is quite a peculiar choice. Perhaps it might not be the most popular Pokémon, but I didn't mind. I wanted to give it a chance when I saw it at the Railnet. It's an early Steel-type,, with Clear body, making it quite useful against all those early oppenents, including Florina and her Cradily (CURSE Cradily, mind you). Its resistances allow her to take attacks pretty well, especially during the Taka and Zel double battle, and Corey. When it evolved and learned Shift Gear, L&BB became a bulky sweeper that could end matches quickly, especially on the Factory Field (beware, Team Meteor, since most of your battles take place on factories :P). Not bad for a set of gears.

pokemon_fan_art_roserade___petal_dance_b

https://www.deviantart.com/sayakatherine/art/Pokemon-Fan-Art-Roserade-Petal-Dance-484470389

Fluttershy (Roserade) @ Miracle Seed  
Ability: Natural Cure  
Modest Nature  
- Giga Drain  
- Venoshock
- Petal Dance  
- Toxic Spikes

I like Roserade, and I know that Roserade is quite devastating on playthroughs, so when that Budew suddenly jumped at me, I knew it had to be on the team. Fluttershy took forever to evolve to Roselia, but when it did, she was quite the tank with moves like Giga Drain and the recently buffed Petal Dance, which could even 2HKO Shade's Gengar (RIP Corey). And on the Circus field, sheeeeeeeeeesh, even Ciel got destroyed! I will stick with this Pokémon until the end, unlike Fern...

fav_fairy_type_by_diggersby_tho-d6wvcdy.

https://www.deviantart.com/numepoi/art/Fav-Fairy-Type-418007158

Spike (Granbull) @ Quick Claw  
Ability: Intimidate  
Adamant Nature  
- Play Rough  
- Brick Break
- Crunch  
- Charm

Fairy types were the newest toy XY gave use, and I really wanted to test one in this game. The first one I got was this Snubull, whick rapidly evolved into Granbull. Spike is pretty slow, but it hits hard in return. It's a good thing it learned Play Rough just right before the Kiki battle. Also, access to Intimidate AND Charm allow me to cripple physical attackers, which was EXTREMELY USEFUL against Solaris' Garchomp, as well as other bosses. Watch out, Saphira. Watch out, Lin. You are next.

diggersby_by_michaelogicalm-d76fsxc.jpg

https://www.deviantart.com/michaelogicalm/art/Diggersby-434078256

Angel (Diggersby) @ Normalium Z  
Ability: Huge Power  
Adamant Nature  
- Strength  
- Earthquake  
- Giga Impact  
- Agility

Another Gen 6 Pokémon, yes, I wanted to try all the new stuff from Kalos. And what better choice than arguably the most powerful early rodent. Angel is the strongest attacker of the group, both STAB combine well and can defeat Pokémon with ease, especially in double battles, where EQ his everyone. By the way, learning Earthquake by level up is a huge plus in this game, Radomus and Charlotte learned it the hard way. Against Titania it was pretty helpful, especially vs Aegislash.

06_120613_by_evilapple513-d6wzxn4.jpg

https://www.deviantart.com/evilapple513/art/HAWLUCHA-418221328

Sonata Dusk (Hawlucha) @ Black Belt  
Ability: Limber  
Jolly Nature  
- High Jump Kick  
- Flying Press  
- Fly  
- Swords Dance

Finally, it took so long for me to decide the final team member (I had my Pickup Zigzagoon as an HM Slave), but it was worth it. Hawlucha is awesome, both in design and power. Sonata is the fastest Poke of my team, and it can sweep with ease thanks to learning Swords Dance by level up. Samson got destroyed, as well as Titania. And I have a High Jump Kick ready to land on that Hydreigon's face next time I see it...

Oh well, that is my team. I will complete the rest of this game with it, since I have become so attached to it. Do you also have Pokémon that you began to appreciate more during this adventure? 

3 minutes ago, Mimikyu dayo said:

Oh well, that is my team. I will complete the rest of this game with it, since I have become so attached to it. Do you also have Pokémon that you began to appreciate more during this adventure? 

Bewear. This guy has literally carried me twice over the battles in E18.

Spoiler

Also Alolan Dugtrio, especially when I can just click EQ in doubles when I partner it with Dodrio.

Answering your question Klinklang rules. Because it is one these mons that I discovered thanks to Reborn and god, it made me love it. Gear Grinding through every enemy is kind of a one-trick pony but it does work so well. I hate so much when he doesn't hit with his 85% accuracy that I can't even imagine running it without Wise Lens.

I really like your team and the way you introduced them. Great use of every utility moves available. Maybe you could run Hawlucha with Unburden + Seeds for immediate offensive presence. Just suggesting. I've never used this mon but I think I will during my next run.

1 hour ago, Zargerth said:

Bewear. This guy has literally carried me twice over the battles in E18.

Hide contents

Also Alolan Dugtrio, especially when I can just click EQ in doubles when I partner it with Dodrio.

Ooooh nice choices. I played USUM and I can assure that Bewear is a MONSTER. And Alola Dugtrio seems pretty good too.

32 minutes ago, Teto said:

Answering your question Klinklang rules. Because it is one these mons that I discovered thanks to Reborn and god, it made me love it. Gear Grinding through every enemy is kind of a one-trick pony but it does work so well. I hate so much when he doesn't hit with his 85% accuracy that I can't even imagine running it without Wise Lens.

I really like your team and the way you introduced them. Great use of every utility moves available. Maybe you could run Hawlucha with Unburden + Seeds for immediate offensive presence. Just suggesting. I've never used this mon but I think I will during my next run.

Haha thank you. I think Unburden Hawlucha can also come in handy, but so far, Limber was pretty good, a lot of trainers like using status moves like T-wave.

Just saying, Klinklang used to have Screech, which was also useful against Lv75 Garchomp and some PULSE Mons. I might relearn it if I need it again. 

Edited by Mimikyu dayo

11 minutes ago, Mimikyu dayo said:

Ooooh nice choices. I played USUM and I can assure that Bewear is a MONSTER. And Alola Dugtrio seems pretty good too.

I went to the Move Tutors and taught Drain Punch to my Bewear. Most physical attackers can't break through this guy and I love it.