Early Episode 18 Story Battle

wcv

Spoiler

So I've made it through the Glaceon & Espeon puzzle and to the battles that come after. I can stomp Cain and Shelly pretty handily, and then do the same to the battle that follows. But when I get to the double battle that comes after it I just can't seem to win. I go in and manage to take out several Pokemon, but I just get ground down under what I guess are two full teams. My current team is:

Greninja:

Spikes

Scald

Extrasensory

Dark Pulse

Blaziken:

High Jump Kick

Blaze Kick

Brick Break (this is specifically to break Ninetales's Aurora Veil when it comes out)

Bulk Up

Lucario:

Iron Tail

Close Combat

Swords Dance

Crunch

Gardevoir:

Psyshock

Calm Mind

Moonblast

Hidden Power (can't remember the type)

Flygon

Dragon Dance

Earthquake

Rock Slide

Dragon Claw

Aegislash:

King's Shield

Hidden Power (Ghost)

Flash Cannon

Toxic

All are EV trained and have at worst Neutral natures and IVs above 20 in relevant stats. All level 88.

I also have basically every Pokemon that was available before Episode 18.

Usually I can smash through Ninetales and Clefable, then Jynx and Espeon. Then Glaceon. Then Mega Gardevoir gives me major problems. I've tried integrating a poison type onto the team. That failed miserably since that Pokemon was worse than useless in the other battles. Hence adding on Lucario. It has been of some help, but not enough.

Any suggestions?

Spoiler

Aegislash is a life saver, though I personally prefer the more physically offensive set vs. special offensive.  A duo that did the trick for me was Togekiss and Swampert, and consider your own alolan ninetales if you want to fight fire with fire... or aurora veil with aurora veil.

The basic key to winning these 12v6's for me was to nullify one mon via sleep, confusion... even accuracy lower? Just, trying to stop one of them from threatening you, then wiping one team as fast as you can. If there's some way to integrate a strategy like that into your team, maybe focusing on Greninja's Scald burn on a physical attacker, it might get better?

These are just general passingby tips though, if it is still too hard I or someone else can help you change up your team.

Spoiler

Thanks to both of you.

I ended up swapping Lucario for Breloom to take advantage of Spore. I also decided there were too many ice types being used, so swapped Flygon out for Mamoswine.

I'm in pretty much the same situation. I have practically all the pokemon worth getting, and the team I've got for this particular event consists of a Lucario, Mega Ampharos, Togekiss, Aegislash, Garchomp and Milotic...

The Milotic isn't really being helpful though, so maybe I should switch it out for someone who can cause status?

Spoiler

Stop overthinking it, that was my mistake too. Basically swept second and third battle with Blaziken. On second one just set up a few bulk ups on weavile, it can't kill you, after that it's a walk in the park. Third one, bulk up once or twice, then focus on one side, I let clefable live and killed the other trainer first, easy peasy.

What worked for me was having my Volcarona use 3-5 Quiver Dances while the Ninetales and Clefable were out. Then I just used Heatwave and Bug Buzz. If Volcarona would ever get low on HP, I would keep attacking with him, and heal him using my 2nd Pokemon's turn. I don't remember their whole teams, so I don't know if there were any Pokemon that resisted Volcarona's attacks. However, My Volcarona never fainted during the battle, so maybe they didn't really have anything to hurt Volcarona with.

Spoiler

I equipped myself with revival herbs and ultra potions and I led battle with donphan earthquake and charizard heat wave. And when it gouth tough in last double battle I kept reviving magnezone and donphan to revive my entire team xD. Yeah I know, I suck