Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

i cannot beat charlotte

FayTAV

Question

Ive taken everybodies advice and got trick room and rain dance but i can't set trick room up because I get one shot! Im literally screwed. - Team

Incineroar- cross Chop bulk up darkest lariat flare blitz

Rhydon - eq stone edge rain dance surf

Flygon - eq rock slide dragon claw rock smash

alakazam - psychic encore hidden power calm mind

Crawdaunt - strength sd crabhammer knock off 

bronzong - trick room rain dance extrasensory heavy slam 

13 answers to this question

I've preached this since I realized its effectiveness: Get a Midday Lycanroc and just sweep her with Rock Slide.  As long as you have an attack boosting nature, good attack and speed EVs and IVs, she drops in 3 turns easy.  Rockruffs can be found on Route 2.

1 hour ago, Tacos said:

I've preached this since I realized its effectiveness: Get a Midday Lycanroc and just sweep her with Rock Slide.  As long as you have an attack boosting nature, good attack and speed EVs and IVs, she drops in 3 turns easy.  Rockruffs can be found on Route 2.

We don't have mid day form yet not until community release of episode 18

Atleast I'm pretty sure about that

4 hours ago, jjnajera said:

Ive taken everybodies advice and got trick room and rain dance but i can't set trick room up because I get one shot! Im literally screwed. - Team

It may seem counter-intuitive, but consider adding Trick Room on Alakazam, since it has the speed to set it up. You can replace Hidden Power (if you have the TM) or Encore. Also, giving Alakazam an Amplifield Rock will give you enough Trick Room turns so that Bronzong won't have to set it up later.

You could lead with Alakazam + Bronzong. At turn 1, Alakazam can use Trick Room, which means that Bronzong attacks before Charlotte's 'mons, thereby letting you use Rain Dance before they hit you with those fire moves.

13 minutes ago, DevR said:

It may seem counter-intuitive, but consider adding Trick Room on Alakazam, since it has the speed to set it up. You can replace Hidden Power (if you have the TM) or Encore. Also, giving Alakazam an Amplifield Rock will give you enough Trick Room turns so that Bronzong won't have to set it up later.

You could lead with Alakazam + Bronzong. At turn 1, Alakazam can use Trick Room, which means that Bronzong attacks before Charlotte's 'mons, thereby letting you use Rain Dance before they hit you with those fire moves.

Trick Room always goes last, so teaching it to Alakazam is not that good of an idea.

5 hours ago, Tacos said:

Archeops can be used for the same purpose, anyhow I second this.

16 minutes ago, Zargerth said:

Trick Room always goes last, so teaching it to Alakazam is not that good of an idea.

Oops, I forgot about Trick Room's -7 priority. Definitely a bad idea.

That said, I also recommend Dugtrio for this battle. It fulfils the same purpose as Lycanroc, except it does so via fast Earthquakes and works well with Flygon, who can simultaneously spam Rock Slide.

Maybe our playstyles are differnet , but i wouldn't go for a trick room.I'm assuming you didn't get the protector from iolia valley, so i would suggest you get someone to trade you one, since rhyperior is far more superior to rhydon. Also you could  teach Incineroar bulldoze. Make sure you're not underleveled. Make sure Bronzong's ability is heatproof. The move relearner in Agate can teach Flygon dragon dance. As it's already been suggested Lycanroc is a very good idea. Maybe a thick fat mamoswine could also work, kingdra is also a good choice. Alakazam imo would be better suited as a revenge killer in this case since it's probably faster than all of charlotte's pokemon but can't take a hit. I hope this helps!
ps. if you ever do a rerun of reborn consider getting a moxie sandile before proceeding to agate, it can take care of charlotte singlehandedly  and is overall a great mon
ps.2: consider payback for bronzong since it's really slow, and also confuse ray or hypnosis
ps3: air baloons may allow you to make better use of earthquake, and you can buy them in agate

15 hours ago, jjnajera said:

Incineroar- cross Chop bulk up darkest lariat flare blitz

Rhydon - eq stone edge rain dance surf

Flygon - eq rock slide dragon claw rock smash

alakazam - psychic encore hidden power calm mind

Crawdaunt - strength sd crabhammer knock off 

bronzong - trick room rain dance extrasensory heavy slam 

The way I pulled off the destruction of charlotte was starting with a-raichu and heatproof bronzong, used fake out on typhlosion and set up trick room with bronzong, then brought out boldore and rock slided her to oblivion, also had a rhydon and brought him out when bronzong got bodied, double rock slide demolished her team, do you have any mon that learns fake out via level up? Level of it does not matter since it's only use in this scenario is to block typhlosions eruption for one turn

9 hours ago, Teme95 said:

The way I pulled off the destruction of charlotte was starting with a-raichu and heatproof bronzong, used fake out on typhlosion and set up trick room with bronzong, then brought out boldore and rock slided her to oblivion, also had a rhydon and brought him out when bronzong got bodied, double rock slide demolished her team, do you have any mon that learns fake out via level up? Level of it does not matter since it's only use in this scenario is to block typhlosions eruption for one turn

What about a glameow?

I just used an Adamant EV-trained Archeops with Rock Slide holding a Wide Lens for accuracy - it literally 3 turn sweeped the whole gym and didn't even let Charlotte use any potions. None of the other mons aside from Archeops ever got to use a move the whole battle including my other one. Any other fast Rock type pokemon would work too. Or just use fire types yourself, give them Charcoal and kill her even with resisted hits which is what I did on my last run.