Quotes

Cyrus

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People sold toys in the market square. How many of them, though, used to belong to children who'd died in the ghetto or been taken away to Chelmno or some other camp? When even something that should have been joyous, like buying a toy, saddened and frightened you because you wondered why it was for sale, you began to feel in your belly what the Nazis had done to the Jews of Poland.

People sold toys in the market square. How many of them, though, used to belong to children who'd died in the ghetto or been taken away to Chelmno or some other camp? When even something that should have been joyous, like buying a toy, saddened and frightened you because you wondered why it was for sale, you began to feel in your belly what the Nazis had done to the Jews of Poland.

And that, folks, is today's pessimism.

Sadly true, but we all need to look on the bright side. Tea, anyone?

It's a quote from one of my favorite book series whose backdrop is WWII.

That reminds me of a graphic novel I read recently; a non-fiction one that was set in Nazi Germany in WWII, concerning the author's father.

The book was called Maus: A Survivor's Tale, and I really liked it.

• 2 weeks later...

"good,bad,I am the guy with the gun"-Caleb on blood 1

The original quote is actually by Ash from Evil Dead, the game was referencing it. >->

But, anywho... This quote made me chuckle.

"Sometimes you've got to man up and tell the powers that be to go fuck themselves." - Pissed of Last.Fm Subscriber

I usually go by this motto.
"Life sucks. But if you let yourself revolve around everything bad in the world, you'll never find the true meaning of being happy."

And a funny one from my English teacher.
"Just to warn you, everyone. Girls with those low cut shorts and guys with those tank tops. I'm on skank patrol."

Edited by Cowtao