"Script is taking too long. Game will now Restart"

I didn't get this problem too much when I started playing but lately I've been getting it a LOT. Seems to be happening more and more the further I progress through the game.

I'm not sure what causes it, but the game will progressively slow down overall until either it's running at like less than half speed out of battle or the game hangs during battle as to become unresponsive. The game will be running normally, or as well as this laptop can run  it at least but then after playing for some time the thing just craps itself and I get this.

It feels kind of random as to when this happens, as sometimes it happens after only say 10-15 minutes of playing while other times it'll play fine for a good hour+ before happening, sometimes easily 2-3 hours. Feels like it affects my entire computer too, even chrome loads up more slowly and something similar happened with Reborn too(though last palythrough it rarely happened which is why I'm annoyed it's happening so often again). I'm suspecting this could be a memory issue with my laptop, maybe these games are just too STRONG for this thing  but I don't notice any insane spikes or anything using task manager when comparing slow-running Rejuv to normally running Rejuv. 

Anybody know a remedy for this? I'm at the corrupted cave ATM  but the game is starting to physically become unplayable.