The Festival Of Dreams

• Global Mods

So It's been Said that the reward of the tournament that happens in the festival of dreams gives you all 18 badges so how would that work i know that in a game we have to battle all gym leaders are we gonna battle them in the tour or what?

are we going to battle the other gym leaders before the tour, and ingame they say that it's only a week later

what are your thoughts

I'm fairly certain that it's literally just "you've won, here's 18 Badges, now go find the Gatekeepers". Doing a massive tour of all the Gyms as the reward would
A) kinda defeat the purpose and
B) be pretty much impossible now with all the chaos the League itself is in (the Poison leader's a statue, the Water, Steel, and Rock leaders are all MIA in most peoples' eyes, the Dark spot is completely vacant, and League Manager is having a bit of a mental breakdown).

Now, whether or not we get to be the final victor of the Tournament... that's the tricky part to figure out at this point. I'm expecting a bait and switch of some sort, personally, seeing as we've had two Gym Battles since the tournament was revealed.

Edit: Actually, let's go ahead and try and pinpoint where all the Gym Leaders are at this point in the story. 

Spoiler

Poison: Is a statue; back-up leader's around, but not yet introduced
Fighting: Not accepting challengers on account of trying to avenge his hair; no known back-up leader
Normal: Vacant; the backup leader planned to take the spot is believed to be dead

Ghost: Got replaced with her past, non-Gym Leader self, who's currently MIA; the back-up leader's available, however
Water: MIA; no known back-up leader
Bug: Probably busy with International Police work at the moment, but might actually be available anyway; no known back-up leader

Ice: This a contested spot now that Angie's been revived (whoops)

Fire: Is the first readily available Leader; she's even in town already

Electric: Is already in town, but probably doing the live coverage; back-up leader's busy trying to save Garbodor

Grass: Potentially in jail, planning some sort of rebellion if she isn't; back-up leader's probably available in either case

Psychic: Just got over a really dangerous asthma attack; no known back-up leader

Flying: Is a statue; Back-up leader came out of retirement to fight us, so availability's uncertain

Steel: MIA; no known back-up leader

Dark: Recently revealed to have been vacant in reality for years; no known back-up leader

Rock: MIA; no known back-up leader

Dragon: Douche legally filled the Dark spot before throwing it under the bus; availability uncertain

Fairy: No known Leader or back-up leader (Cosmia isn't confirmed or denied yet, I believe)

Ground: No known Leader or back-up leader; doesn't even have a known character that could potentially hold that slot yet

Edited by Autumn Zephyr

I thought it was obvious that we obviously won't win this tournament because "plot" or at least won't get the reward. There are many ways this can turn out especially when the tournament organizer (I think cassandra organizes it), bladestar, team xen , 3 gods, Nim (which can turn people to stone) , Crescent (whose gothitelle can bend space and time) , Madame X who also can bend time, Krystal/Damien who re connected to Nim and a mary sue which steals all the spotlight and glory are all involved in this tournament either directly or indirectly. 

57 minutes ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

Edit: Actually, let's go ahead and try and pinpoint where all the Gym Leaders are at this point in the story. 

Just one thing about Flying

Spoiler

Wasn't Kouta listed as the backup leader (though Jan didn't know about him, so it's possible he wasn't really at the time), with him name-dropping the main Flying leader?   Or am I remembering wrong?

3 minutes ago, seki108 said:

Just one thing about Flying

Hide contents

Wasn't Kouta listed as the backup leader (though Jan didn't know about him, so it's possible he wasn't really at the time), with him name-dropping the main Flying leader?   Or am I remembering wrong?

Spoiler

I'm... honestly not sure. Most of what I remember from that fight was going "ooh, that's a pretty background!" and then spending the next two hours testing his team and coming up with a plan to beat it without changing my own. His actual dialogue didn't stick at all... 😅