Aggron is way too good for the early/mid game

Tapu Fufu

I started my millionth run of Reborn, to get the Reshiram path while also trying out new Pokemon strategies (exception being Pickup, Support Pachirisu (nuzzle to shut down fast Pokemon, charm to shut down OP physical attackers, I also used Super Fang to shut down bulky mons until this run) , I just can't give this Pokemon up). 

Anyway, I noticed that Aggron gets both Sturdy and Metal Burst, so I slaughtered Goldeen and Seaking to make it max HP, max attack and defeat Arceus. Aggron as a Pokemon is already pretty strong, but without Mold Breaker or multi-hitting moves, there's actually nothing the opponents can do to stop a Metal Burst to the face. 

I decided not to use it after the Arceus battle, mainly because I already used it as a main in another run, but also because it's way too good, but after getting swept by the fighting gym Meinshao, I grabbed it from the PC and put down that thing down in an instant. Having focus sash doesn't help either, since I can just setup some Stealth Rocks to make sure those hits kill. It's obviously not flawless, but it can be an easy bandaid for any difficulties you're having in the game.

23 minutes ago, Tapu Fufu said:

(exception being Pickup, Support Pachirisu (nuzzle to shut down fast Pokemon, charm to shut down OP physical attackers, I also used Super Fang to shut down bulky mons until this run) , I just can't give this Pokemon)

I can't really have any real input here, since I've never used Aggron outside of a few matches using the online feature.   I just wanted to comment that you have good tastes, given the quoted section.  The adorable mouse(?) helped so much in Rejuvenation. 

Well, I'll let the actual conversation commence now.

Forgetting the casual players, much? Not everybody follows pokemon sets, or tiers (uber, overused) and some don't even know those deadly combos (like rattata/aron low level killers). Although Reborn is great for this feature (pushing back the good stuff for later, forcing you to use underrated trick-ponies), it has become a little out of hand, lately, really... Ralts and Beldum are to be missed dearly, for a new Reborn Player, for example...

Isn't the game already much balanced, the way it currently is? Why should there be any need, for further encumbrance? Especially now with the updated AI and all...

Edited by Kenneth

It reminds me when I figured out how broken gyarados was before Ame removed it. Honestly you'll be surprised how good some pokemon are when you experiment.  I recently discovered how good amphoras is at shutting down pesky gym who abuse their terrain effects. Or from VGC days, how ridiculously good Arcanine is in doubles, especially against physical attackers. Now I want to give aggron a try.

On April 13, 2018 at 10:09 PM, seki108 said:

I can't really have any real input here, since I've never used Aggron outside of a few matches using the online feature.   I just wanted to comment that you have good tastes, given the quoted section.  The adorable mouse(?) helped so much in Rejuvenation. 

Well, I'll let the actual conversation commence now.

I kind of went off track there, but Pachi is actually the MVP of these games! It's fast and pretty bulky, so it can get a lot of work done before it goes down and it can dig up some Revives and Ultra Potions for you in between the boss battles to help you out later. 

22 hours ago, Kenneth said:

Forgetting the casual players, much? Not everybody follows pokemon sets, or tiers (uber, overused) and some don't even know those deadly combos (like rattata/aron low level killers). Although Reborn is great for this feature (pushing back the good stuff for later, forcing you to use underrated trick-ponies), it has become a little out of hand, lately, really... Ralts and Beldum are to be missed dearly, for a new Reborn Player, for example...

Isn't the game already much balanced, the way it currently is? Why should there be any need, for further encumbrance? Especially now with the updated AI and all...

No, I don't mean to leave the more casual players in the dust. I was letting the development team know, but I was also letting everybody else playing the game know, too. I mean, it'll be a while until the next episode comes out, so any casual player can utilize this strategy in the meantime.

I was just pointing out how OP this Pokemon is and not for the reasons people would think (although Aggron is pretty strong without this strategy, too).

Anyway, it actually slipped my mind that Bastiodon could also utilize this strategy, but I think Aggron is more OP anyway since you can get it early, much more easily, and just based off its sheer strength that, again, could be utilized when this strategy isn't being used.