Official Super Smash Bros. Thread for Wii U and 3DS

Maelstrom

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Regarding the top and high tiers, Mac can harass Shiek, Sonic, and Fox. All the others can kirbstomp him. He is okay against Falcon and Ryu. Mac's crap recovery, ease of getting gimped, fast fall properties, and inability to combat aerial opponents makes him an easy opponent for characters like Mario, Villager, Rosalina, and more. When I go to a tournament I mainly use Mac to fight Shiek and Sonic. That's it really.

It looked good until Corrin popped up, then out comes the eyeroll-inducing misinformation.

ZeRo putting this character in top 15 is completely contradicting the vast majority of other placements for Corrin, which range from mid tier all the way down to bottom 5. He's a zoning-type character yet the way he works can make him the one that's forced to approach; how can a character with no hope in hell of punishing shield, or any passive play for that matter, be in the top 15?

Smash Boards claims that Corrin mains have been winning more tournaments than Cloud and Bayonetta mains have been.

I saw that, but...a Corrin placed 2nd at Landlocked, but that's it as far as high-level tournaments go...

Glitch (MD/VA tourney last night) had not a Corrin main in sight in top 64. It was Bayonetta city and also had a randy Duck Hunt who was beating up on all of them in losers. GFs was a Sheik ditto

Don't be salty that you can't up air and up smash and charge up smash attack corrin without any risk.

I wouldn't be salty about that. But killing from 0% is not okay especially not charged smash at all. That's one of the big thing the video is focusing about. That Corrin's counter knockback is stupid.

I saw that, but...a Corrin placed 2nd at Landlocked, but that's it as far as high-level tournaments go...

Glitch (MD/VA tourney last night) had not a Corrin main in sight in top 64. It was Bayonetta city and also had a randy Duck Hunt who was beating up on all of them in losers. GFs was a Sheik ditto

remzi played corrin after getting destroyed with his ZSS in one set and won in top 32

....Every once in a while, certain mechanics in this game come back to remind me why I hate them...

In other news, I've been working on a Cloud main the past few days. This marks the one millionth time I've switched mains. I'm digging Cloud though.

Also, does any one have tips on how to beat those For Glory roll/projectile spamming Toon Links? That was the matchup I had the hardest time with. It just seemed impossible to punish his rolls with all the projectiles around, and all my approaches were limited to very predictable things.

Well if you wanna punish rolling projectile spammers, the easiest way is to close your distance because surprise, they tend to not use projectiles when you're up in their face.

Depending on how cheeky or skillful you are, you can outspam the spammer with your own faster/more annoying projectile or just hard read them. Spammers usually have pretty easy to read patterns and if you pick up on it rather quickly, then you can punish what they do. For instance most rollers can be punished by a character who Down-Smashes in a sweeping motion (Little Mac, Mario, King Dedede, Shulk, etc.) or pseudo sweeping motion (Falcon/Ganon, every non-Robin FE char, Cloud, Link, Villager, etc.)

I wouldn't be salty about that. But killing from 0% is not okay especially not charged smash at all. That's one of the big thing the video is focusing about. That Corrin's counter knockback is stupid.

if you are charging a smash against corrin, you deserve to get wrecked. Nearly fully charged is nearly the same thing as fully charging.

aka, it isn't a real situation that happens. I just went quite a few matches as corrin. 0 of my kills were counter kills. killing from 0% is purposely fabricated in those videos. I've countered at above 100% damage and not gotten a kill from it. you all are salty from false bs.

Dear Darvan, keep rolling past my projectiles. I will charge the claw attack and do %20 when you exit your roll dodge.

the only more annoying projectile spammers than corrin are robin and megaman.

Also, mewtwo is great to play as and can punish any projectile by reflecting it, even his own reflected back at him.

Well if you wanna punish rolling projectile spammers, the easiest way is to close your distance because surprise, they tend to not use projectiles when you're up in their face.

Depending on how cheeky or skillful you are, you can outspam the spammer with your own faster/more annoying projectile or just hard read them. Spammers usually have pretty easy to read patterns and if you pick up on it rather quickly, then you can punish what they do. For instance most rollers can be punished by a character who Down-Smashes in a sweeping motion (Little Mac, Mario, King Dedede, Shulk, etc.) or pseudo sweeping motion (Falcon/Ganon, every non-Robin FE char, Cloud, Link, Villager, etc.)

That's FG though, most people who are actually good use different things to spam projectiles like Short Hops and perfect Pivots. Megaman and Villager Live and breath the short hop Aerials. Playing like that doesn't really work online.... I personally have been practicing Mega Man's Short Hop Nairs and Robin's Perfect Pivot Thunder and Fire Spells, as well as PP tilts.

Practicing perfect pivoting is really good, although that shit is hella hard to do on 3DS. For many characters it unlocks new spacing and punish options with newfound safety. It also works as a feint, punishing a thrown-out hitbox swiftly by leading a perfect pivot into a Dash Attack (some characters get more mileage out of dash attack out of PP than others, especially Ike, Ganon and Meta Knight). Overall a great defense tech to learn.

if you are charging a smash against corrin, you deserve to get wrecked. Nearly fully charged is nearly the same thing as fully charging.

aka, it isn't a real situation that happens. I just went quite a few matches as corrin. 0 of my kills were counter kills. killing from 0% is purposely fabricated in those videos. I've countered at above 100% damage and not gotten a kill from it. you all are salty from false bs.

That's true. And counters is usually can leave a bad spot too. Grabs works too.

Through i'll say counter has ridicolous power. Also, countered at 100% and survived can be true. But you can also get killed early depending on some moves that isn't any smash charged. Like in air example. May kill you earlier or not.

Practicing perfect pivoting is really good, although that shit is hella hard to do on 3DS. For many characters it unlocks new spacing and punish options with newfound safety. It also works as a feint, punishing a thrown-out hitbox swiftly by leading a perfect pivot into a Dash Attack (some characters get more mileage out of dash attack out of PP than others, especially Ike, Ganon and Meta Knight). Overall a great defense tech to learn.

I can consistenly PP in 3ds(in the left way, not the right PP so much), but i don't use it so much because i can't find so much use in it through.

I think i can use it more through as spacing and punish options. Important stuff. One thing i don't like in 3ds that c stick doesn't have an option to switch to attack example. That would be super helpful.

I can consistenly PP in 3ds(in the left way, not the right PP so much), but i don't use it so much because i can't find so much use in it through.

I think i can use it more through as spacing and punish options. Important stuff. One thing i don't like in 3ds that c stick doesn't have an option to switch to attack example. That would be super helpful.

yeah, PPs are actually super easy to pull off on the 3ds but have no offensive use whatsoever with the c stick provided except for smashes, my only problem is fox trotting on the 3ds

Killed a lot of people with Ike tonight. Felt really good.

I dunno what it is that happens when I drink, but I get hyper aggressive in smash and fps's and it works out. My timing and spacing get on point and I stick my neck out in the open far more than I usually do.