Pokémon X and Y! (Official Discussion Topic)

Nyrias

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all for them bringing some use for Poison attacks into competitive battling, but...

I think shofu put up a pic of Mega Gengar on one of his videos, though it might be a fake one.

Edited by Khayoz

Ah, dat gamefreak trying to do things with gender and gender differences. Like those cats. Apparently the female learns more attack moves and the male learns more support moves. Hmmmmm.

X has the more masculine mewtwo that is part fighting, while Y gets the more feminine mewtwo. Did I mention the stag is totally a male thing and birds (what with their singing, and their fragility yet surprising strength and beauty and grace is VERY often a feminine thing)? I think I may have mentioned half of that. Anyways...

Mega Garchomp gets sand force. ubers fo sho

Froakie evo looks like one cool customer, and does indeed begin to look more like a geko, which I noted before I saw the geko part in its japanese name. Slick.

Gotta get me that Iron Fist Pangoro named Kanji. Honor demands it.

The lion's evo is a bit underwhelming. Not impressed that they put the japanese kanji for 'fire' into his mane in red. derp derp. < Mufasa

Rock/Dragon Rex. <3. Now where's my Triceratops or does Aggron count?

Why do so many of these new pokemon have such dopey faces and/or big eyes? I am not a fan of this trend.

pyroar.png

Say hello to our very own lion ladies and gentlemen. This is Pyroar the new evolutions of Litleo. It's abilities are Rivalry and Unerve. It looks like it would lean to the physical side but you never know, it may be a mixture of both. I absolutely adore this thing, but I think they could've made him a little fiercer looking.

Yeah... What they said... The gba games are getting boring now... halp!!!!!

WHERE ARE MY RSE REMAKES. WHERE ARE THEY NINTENDO.

Y

YES!!! GEN VI!!!!!! (I was honestly hoping for this a titch more than Ruby/Sapphire remakes!) Hopefully it will be as amazing as Gen V!!!!!!

Tch. Before I was "Insta get Froakie".

Then Kanto starters are available at the get-go & I wanted Squirtle, then Chespin.

& I saw the 1st evolutions for the new starters & thought "No way am I getting Chespin now.>.>".

I guess Water is a type that you have 2 of on the same team, but I also REALLY love Fennekin's 1st evolution, like ALOT, & same with Frokie's. I've already pre-ordered X. I just don't know which starter to get anymore.-.-

@T-Raz: Get Fennekin/Squirtle. I was planning on getting a Froakie/Charmander combo, it'll be nice to have some sort of parallel with SOMEone. Assuming I can get enough money for a 2DS and Pokemon X in time... I have legitimate familial reasons for needing to get Xerneas.

EDIT: I also need to get 2 Pyroars for the same reason.

Edited by NeoDarklight

I'm choosing.............................................I don't know anymore :x

Fennekin: Looks cool, gonna be Psychic/Fire in the 3rd evolution(idc what you say, in my head it's going to be a fire/psychic >:C )

Froakie: Looks like a Ninja now......... Q_Q I WANT IT, I WANT IT

Chespin: Looks like a Pupitar kind of o.o and sooooo chubby and kawaii~ ^.^

Litleo's evolution.......I honestly don't like the design, I think it could be designed more fancy/fierce

Well, I suppose now I can see how chespin's evo could go on to be something like a knight, FE style with so much armor they look fat and ungainly. Look at Kellam.

It's just such a shame to have some of these pokemon when I've seen a lot of awesome fakemon/fanart that should have become a thing.

If we get a mega dragonite, it really needs to look like something a lot closer to dragonair.

Well, I suppose now I can see how chespin's evo could go on to be something like a knight, FE style with so much armor they look fat and ungainly. Look at Kellam.

It's just such a shame to have some of these pokemon when I've seen a lot of awesome fakemon/fanart that should have become a thing.

If we get a mega dragonite, it really needs to look like something a lot closer to dragonair.

Kellam who?

*shot*

EDIT: First, "Pyroar", and now, Froakie's evolution's english name: Frogadier.

GAME FREAK, I love your new naming sense.

Sooo incase someone else missed it...

Remember that rumor I told you guys about how chespin will turn into a knight, fenniken a mage, and Froakie an assassin?

Chespin's Evo Quillidan looks like his hat ate him and is known as the "Spike armor" pokemon

Fenniken's evo is called Braxen and it pulls a stick out of it's ass and swings it around like its casting spells

Froakie's evo Frogaider does a ninja teleport after using his "jump" attack

Ha ha jump... interesting name... I feel I have seen that name in a certain Jrpg before... **cough cough** Kain and Khumari **cough**

Mega Garchomp has increased Attack and Special Attack... and get this... decreased Speed!

The Badassasaurus is called Tyrunt and has Strong Jaw, the other fossil is called Amaura and has the ability Refriderate

(All old news)

The poodle is called Furfrou and has a new Priority attack that lowers the attack of a pokemon called Baby Doll Eyes **barfs**

The cats are called Meowstic (ew) and pyroar also has different versions depending on gender (HA! I KNEW. THIS WAS GONNA HAPPEN, I shoulda brought it up so I could brag :/)

Names of Team Swagger.... I mean Flair members announced and that actress lady's name was announced, there are also screen shots of different looks you can give your main character

There will be ranked matches in game that runs til December, only pokemon in the Kalos region Pokedex are allowed

Ghost types are unnaffected by Mean Look and Shadow Tag

Grass Types are immune to "powder" status attacks like Stun Spore or Sleep Powder

Electric types are immune to Paralysis

There is also mention of a recording feature that reminds me of the PS4'S share button