Pokémon X and Y! (Official Discussion Topic)

Nyrias

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I like mega blastoise overall, but it kinda bugs me how big the main cannon is in this art.

blastoise.png

And why did they make his chin pointy?

MegaChar looks much sleeker, and definitely more draconic. Kinda sad they didn't give it a dragon typing to replace flying, but then they probably would have had to give it levitate to keep its flying immunity, which is kinda lame in its own way.

I guess I like mega blastoise overall, but it kinda bugs me how big the main cannon is in this art.

blastoise.png

And why did they make his chin pointy?

MegaChar looks much sleeker, and definitely more draconic. Kinda sad they didn't give it a dragon typing to replace flying, but then they probably would have had to give it levitate to keep its flying immunity, which is kinda lame in its own way.

A lot of Kaiju designs have pointy chins

This... this makes it harder for team-thinking. Again. I thought I kind of had something, but nooooo; they had to bring in Kanto starters with freaking Mega-evolutions! Now I dunno which second starter to pick, or if I should just box them along with the Torchic and try and have the party all new pokemon or...

But really the pokemon direct was pretty sweet. I feel like mega venusaur got the least amount of changes in appearance and I can barely tell the difference though. Oh well. I still have to decide either way. Only have 'till next month...

While I'm blacking out most news of X/Y ( I want to be surprised ) I still read up on new mechanics, since the battle mechanics is my biggest draw to the series. I want to learn more about Super Training. Can we see EVs/IVs normally? Are better genetics easier to obtain? That's what I want to know.

I really hope X and Y meets up with all the hype it's getting. Sure, we're getting a crap load of new features and the Pokemon series is finally taking a step into the 3rd dimension... But I mainly play the Pokemon games for its story, so if the story isn't as good as gen 5's, I'll be disappointed.

Edited by Neutral

for torchic it's like... why would I even want this? Imma box it up and never let it out and it'll sit there and choke on the dust of disuse.

I really don't mind the choice of the other two starters though. Hopefully that means your rivals will have the other starters and begin to give you a run for your $P.

So I noticed the picture that Arom posted about "confirmed" Mega Pokemon. And even though it's fake, I can still see some of them being a possibility. Obviously, among those are the starters. The Kanto starters got Mega Evolutions, and there's Blaziken. I'm not saying it's 100% gonna happen, but I am fairly certain the other starters will get Mega Evolutions except the new starters. I believe they will get Mega Evolutions, just later down the road. Most likely for the ever famous third version/sequel.

Other than the starters, there are other Pokemon from that picture I can see getting them. Someone mentioned that if Garchomp got one the game would be broken. Well, sorry, but that's out the window. They gave Mewtwo one, an already extremely OP Pokemon from the get go. That aside, I can see all the psuedo's getting a Mega Evolution. That includes: Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, Metagross, Garchomp, and Hydreigon. Again, not 100%, but it could happen.

Psuedo's out of the way. I can also see Lapras, Scizor, Sableye, Abomasnow, and Zoroark getting one too. I only chose those because they seem the most likely to me. Plus, when you count all of those including the starters(excluding the new ones and the already confirmed) you get 22 possible Mega Pokemon. That would certainly make things interesting on both sides of the Pokemon spectrum. Though to be honest, I only really see the other starters getting one. But it's still nice to dream right?

Agree? Disagree? Let there be speculation and hype! only for our inevitable disappointment

Its hard to say how many starters we will end up having...

But keep in mind... X and Y is on the 3ds... Its possible to Patch or put up DLC for the 3ds... something Pokemon has never done before... so if Game freak wanted to make a brand new pokemon or evo, or mega randomly out of the blue... they CAN do it!

So if not all starters have Mega Evos... there is a chance that it might happen eventually.

Also... that event I mentioned that included Prinplup, Zourark, Sableye, Chimchar, and Treeko... it hasn't happened yet, that's next week

I haven't played a real pokemon game since crystal (I know im way behind) but im tempted in buying a 3ds and both x and y, I have ocd that makes me go after and try completing pokedexs, I have caught most pokemon I am able to on reborn, and waiting for more evolution stones and more fossils,

I'm not making any decisions about 6th generation starters until I see their middle and final forms, from there based on their middle form I will make my ultimate decision.

Even though I would love to play the game through with just lvl 60 baby pokes, I gotta go through the game at least once with their final forms.

Also imagined if they gave Wobbufett a mega evolution with an attacking and boosting move.

Got out of Limbo and straight into the tier called Hell <3

As much as I'd love to get a front seat on the hype train, I know that it's better to sit in the back. Why? Because that way I'll get to see what happens if it really does turn into this scenario of

579264_435782423183974_327240360_n.jpg

And I'll have a chance to jump off before I burn.