Pokémon X and Y! (Official Discussion Topic)

Nyrias

I think, with the exception of sandile, all of 'em with a smile have that slant to 'em to indicate mischievousness.

Entry
The Grass-type Pokémon Chespin has a tough shell covering its head and back. Despite having a curious nature that tends to get it in trouble, Chespin keeps an optimistic outlook and doesn't worry about small details.

chespin.png

This is wide-eyed and naive as it gets.

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He means they don't look scary. If we were judging pokemon based on their entries, then the chandelure line would jump straight to the top. Stealing someone's soul with a flame is just cold...

I dunno, I think that plays second fiddle to pedobear Hypno...

For anyone who lives in the EDT time zone: There's gonna be a special Nintendo Direct just for Pokemon X and Y tomorrow at 7AM, which I got from here: http://uk.gamespot.com/news/pokemon-x-and-y-nintendo-direct-tomorrow-6413973

For everyone else: Work out the time difference, then watch then because these things are global... (i.e. I think it's 11AM for Brits)

Ninja'd

Wanna know my opinion...

I think we will hear about things NOT X and Y

Ie.

Super Smash Bros for Wii U/3ds

Pokemon Rumble U

And more info on that mysterious Lucario vs Blazekin image...

But obvoiusly they will cover x and y, name some new megas, and tell us something new like how online works, or how customization looks like, or what the first dlc will be

My predicted mega evos....

Mega Sceptile

Mega Sableye

Mega Infernape

Mega Empoleon

Mega Zoruark

Lastly I don't wanna see a new poke, evos for starters, or story spoilers...

Have you never read their pokedex entries? Drifloon drags unsuspecting children to hell, Shedinja steals your soul if you peer into the hole in its back, and Misdreavus feeds on fear. How the hell is that not scary?

But they don't LOOK scary.

Edit: Ninja'd by Jacze.

Also, we're judging what Chespin will be based on, well, Chespin. That in itself is flawed because for all we know the little bugger could drastically change in appearance and personality in its second form. Which we have no idea what that second form is. We don't even know the name of Chespin's final evolution and we're trying to guess its type. Hopefully the final evolutions are revealed in Pokemon Direct tomorrow. With any luck, the types won't be revealed so we can still have fun guessing them. :P

A couple of other creepy entries.

Yamask - These Pokémon arose from the spirits of people interred in graves in past ages. Each retains memories of its former life. Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry.

Lampet - This ominous Pokémon is feared. Through cities it wanders, searching for the spirits of the fallen. It arrives near the moment of death and steals spirit from the body.

Moral of the story is to capture all the ghost pokemon you can. Think of the children. Do it for the children.

Yes, I can make an evil army of Pokemon to murder children and steal their souls... I mean- sell them ice cream in the summer. Yeaaah...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I love how NO ONE mentioned Cubone in regards to creepy back stories...

Come on now... HE'S WEARING HIS DEAD MOTHERS SKULL!!! WHAT THE FUCK NINTENDO?!?!?

And what about Giratina? Hmm? He's DIRECTLY based off Satan. He was banished by Arceus (Pokemon God) for misbehavior, his two forms are 1. A basilisk, and 2. A serpent, and has anyone noticed both of his forms have three pairs of 6's on them? The basilisk has six legs, six spikes on his wings, and six spike-things on his chest. The serpant form has six tentacle-things, six spikes on it's body (not counting the two on his tail), and the same six spike-thinks on his chest.

...666... Satan's number. Also, if you're really that skeptical, I have one more point. D/P/P was all about the 'mythology' of Pokemon. Boom, it's undeniable proof. Arceus is God, Giratina is Satan, in Pokemon at least... It's real life I tell you, real life! D;>

Giratina takes the cake on having the most creepy origin/back story, and he probably ate it too! Whoever gets the reference has earned some of my respect. Only some, however, and it can be revoked at any time. Have a nice day. ;3

Nintendo has done it again! BAM, NINTENDO DIRECT DELIVERED AND I AM PLEASED!

LET ME RUN YOU THROUGH THIS MO'FUCKA.

At Nintendo Direct of 09/04/2013, Junichi Masuda along with the representative of the Pokémon company and the representative of Nintendo announced a cloud storage app.

Pokémon Bank-

A cloud storage application primarily for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y.

A player can store up to 3,000 of their own Pokémon in the application. 100 boxes, 30 Pokémon each.

It is also used to transfer Pokémon using only the 3DS;

If a player accesses Pokémon Bank while playing Black/White or Black 2/White 2, they'll be able to store their Pokémon and bring them into X and Y using Poké Transporter.

Pokémon Bank costs an annual fee.

Pokémon X and Pokémon Y-

It was announced by Junichi Masuda that you do not receive Fennekin, Froakie, or Chespin from Professor Sycamore.

You receive one of the three from your friend.

Professor Sycamore gives you the option between Charmander, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur later on (GET HYPE).

The last thing that was announced was...

Mega Charizard (edit: Mega Charizard has the ability Drought.)

Mega Venusaur (edit: Mega Venusaur has the ability Thick Fat.)

Mega Blastoise (edit: Mega Blastoise has the ability Mega Launcher which boosts its moves.)

That's right, the starters from Kanto that we know and love are receiving their own beautiful upgrades in this generation!

Special Red & Blue Nintendo 3DS XL (Yveltal and Xerneas) have been announced for North America and Europe. Release date;

September 27th.

It also confirmed that you will need to obtain a bracelet called the Mega Ring that holds a mysterious stone called a Key Stone. The Trainer’s Key Stone resonates with the Mega Stone held by his or her Pokémon.

For more information: http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct

For pictures and other jazz: http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

dfhsjdklfhgsklajfhdsgfkjhgjfakdshagjak.ghjkfhgkjds,khfsakdjkhfgkjsdadhgsjdkfgsdhkjhfkgjlsdhafkdghsjd jkdsgfsdklfgshdkjkhafsdkjf.hgjk.fshgjakshgsdklfhgusdkjfahsDUVlfkqhgvdlakcfekgwlasjfhsjkfejhovjdlckasndfeJEA ELHFUKJSDHFBUISGKJLEFHWGFLKASFNDSBJDFKALNgsalnknhiolktngsahtilksganti;rHSLMtkrdfnglik DVilHnwrmi nfNWDLwhGNLKW leIW

tumblr_lwij6bzK4Y1r8q0iuo1_500.png

I WANT THAT CHARIZARD OH MY GOD YES POGAIEHPAIOEHGAEGAETFPCOIUAEGFHPAOEIGHA{HGIAOPVCH(W*EHJGWE*HGWEPHGPGPH(W*E

$YGWP(*&EHP(*&GP(*WYGHP(*EHGWPO*EHGWPOE*HGFP(W*EHFWP*V OPWEIUPO WTYPOWIHJFPOW*HFPW*EHT POW#TRY
I AM SO HAPPY I COULD CRY A RIVER NILE!

Because I'm a nice guy, I'm gonna post some of the pictures from the presentation:

1.jpgMega Venusaur (sorry 'bout the angle)

4.jpg Mega Charizard, with arm-wings;

12.jpg MEGA BLASTOISE WOO

direct98.jpg And a new pokemon that looks like an alpaca!

24.jpg Also, the Mega Ring you need for Mega Evos.

I noticed that alpaca too... and I just happened to finish EV training a Dragon Dance Charizard.... what are the odds of that XD

Mael is gonna jizz when he sees this

Also wtf is launcher? And doesn't giving venusaur thick fat kinda nerf him? And charizard has drought? And wings on his arm... holy fucks.... (even though it would be mor fitting to give typhlosion drought)

Edit: did some research...

You receive your Kalos Starter from a friend, and a kanto starter immediately after... I am going Chespin/Charmander

Mega Venusaur has increased defenses

Mega Charizard has increased Special Attack (which makes my ev trained charizard obsolete QQ)

Mega Blastoise's increased stats are unknown right now... but his new ability Launcher gives added boosts to his attacks Hydro Pump, Hydro Cannon, Water Pulse, and Dark Pulse... question... when did blast learn dark pulse?!?

Also... these guys are retaining their original typing and are gaining new height and weight... the wtf thing for me is... why the fuck is Blastoise only 1 pound heavier than Charizard?!?

Is his shell hallow or something? Are his limbs just floating in mid air?

I always imagined his shell to be filled with a thick layer of fat and meat... was I. Being lied to all these years?

How can that lanky ass dragon reject weigh 1 pound less than a turtle that is twice his size, has a big ass shell and 2 more big ass shells on his forearms, a filling of meat and fat, and a heavy as fuck looking cannon on its back complimented with2 more smaller but still heavy looking cannons on it's arms?

I will buy that we can contain that thing in a hand sized gachupon container comfortablely while retaining the weight of the container... but there is no way in hell blast is that light... that thing weighs as much as Mael giving Ame a piggyback ride.... no wait... less.... Logic... lskfdlsdkdlkdd

/endrant

Soooo. Charizard will still suck? :( They could have at least made him part Dragon. Poor Charizard deserves it. Blastoise on the other hand... yes. Just yes. He has arm cannons now. ARM CANNONS! I hope this means the other starters will get a Mega evolution too. MegaFeraligatr, MegaTyphlosion, MegaSceptile, MegaInfernape, MegaTorterra...

Chespin/Squirtle duo for me.

On an unrelated note...

@ackalacka, now that you mention it... Satan in the Shin Megemi Tensei series does look like Giratina...

Don't post a pic of Satatn here... smt's satan has female parts... and posting things like that on a thread break a few rules here on reborn

Soooo. Charizard will still suck? :( They could have at least made him part Dragon. Poor Charizard deserves it. Blastoise on the other hand... yes. Just yes. He has arm cannons now. ARM CANNONS! I hope this means the other starters will get a Mega evolution too. MegaFeraligatr, MegaTyphlosion, MegaSceptile, MegaInfernape, MegaTorterra...

Chespin/Squirtle duo for me.

Ya... I was slightly disopointed by drought zard too...

It would do the guy wonders if he was Fire/dragon and had increased speed with sheer force... but that's just me....... it would still take a beating from stealth rocks though, being that it doesn't transform til after being sent in

Now I need to plan which starters I want:

Definently getting that Torchic.

I WAS gonna get Froakie, but since you can choose Kanto starters now, I'll have to pick Chespin.

Choosing Squirtle, my childhood partner from the good old days.~

Thats half of my team done there. Still need the Dragonslayer Mawile as well, then the Dark/Psychic squid Malamar, & 1 more Pokemon.

Drought Zard- aka "who needs that ninetales thing anymore anyways?" Sure, it's not a life orb, solar power beast of destruction, but it packs its own sun, shutting down other weather, boosting its own fire moves, and reduces the need for ninetails/set up for solar beam and solar power. The certainty of weather favoring it (reduce weakness to water, fire boost) along with 'significantly increased special attack' makes it a pretty formidable stand alone.

Mega Venusaur- Venusaur is pretty comparable to Blastoise as far as stats go, with a skew to higher spc atk. With beefed spc def and def, it becomes more tanky outright, thick fact halves the damage it would take from Ice and Fire, its main weaknesses, essentially neutralizing their type advantage. It's still a tough call to go with the bulk over chlorophyll, but it gives another option.

Mega Blastoise- where to start. Not sure I like the melding of both cannons into one big one. I definitely approve of the shelled guantlets/shields on each arm. I'd always envisioned something just like that for myself or a gijinka. I didn't like the added cannons to his arms on top of those shields at first, but then I figured they're kinda like Yellow's fist-shotguns and then I felt a lot better about them. Serebii doesn't say what stat changes it gets, but its Mega Launcher ability is kinda vague. It obviously would boost hydro pump and hydro cannon's power, but would it boost something like ice beam as a 'projectile' attack? I hope so. Blastoise has pretty poor atk and spc atk stats and could really use the help there, and doesn't get any justice from rain dish at all, and doesn't get anything to boost atk or spc, only boost defense. Not so much as a calm mind or bulk up is in his movepool and that's a shame.

Anyways definitely going dual water type with Froakie and Squirtle.

Charizard is gonna be OU if Mega Stones are allowed. But he has a very.. weak design. Cool and all, but for the poster child of the series, it really lacks the awe I wanted.

Venusaur is also on the same boat. It doesn't look too fantastic. However, having increased defenses and reducing TWO major weaknesses are also great. I can see an excellent tank.

Blastoise is.. just.. jaw-dropping. Cannons on its ARM. New ability. Cannons on its ARM. Three mother-fuckin cannons ready to drown you with Hydro Pump. Give this thing FIRE BLAST and we got deal.

Either Chespin or Fennekin with Squirtle. Maybe Charmander. And give us Treecko later PLEASE.

Shell smash would do blast wonders imo

I personally don't think charizard outclasses ninetails just yet..and zard doesn't have enough bulk to unmega then mega again to counter weather switching... unless it can learn protect or detect...

And giving venusaur thick fat is actually good for it... it gives it viability outside of sun!

Sounds legit to me....

Despite the fact they gave Zard drought... I feel like he got the short end of the stick

So the game regular gives you two starters, instead of one (three if you do that Torchic event). That seems... pretty damn cool. And has anyone else noticed that Charizard has a ridged tail in his Mega Evo? Everyone points out the arm wings, and the third horn is pretty damn obvious... but nobody seems to have noticed that his tail has ridges now.

EDIT: Has anyone mentioned the Super Training yet? Since they're making EV training so much easier in Gen VI, does that mean it will actually have importance in X and Y?

Edited by NeoDarklight