Pokémon X and Y! (Official Discussion Topic)

Nyrias

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also ready to ditch the fire/fighting starter idea. Starts to kill the uniqueness of starters if they end up with mostly the same moves.

I wouldn't mind if froakie stayed pure water. I doubt his evolutions will make him all too similar to the previous water starters, but I wouldn't mind it either if they gave him a second typing, like ice.

Until I see evolutions for chespin, I'm probably not really gonna care about his line at all. It probably will have duo typing but I'm still not thrilled with him atm.

I think I kinda understand why Nintendo made 5th gen fire starter a Fire/Fighting. It's probably because in Gen 3 and Gen 4, Blaziken and Infernape, were the most popular starter, so they must have been thinking "okay since they're popular, let's do it again!" and I think they're realizing it, and so I hope Fennekin is either Fire/Psychic or pure Fire like Typhlosion

I can see fenniken and froakie being mono typed... chespin on the other hand... has something about him, like there. Is going to be more to him...

Also I wanna revisit a speculation I brought up and was belted >9000 times for it...

But this time... I am prepared, I am equipt with a bullet proof vest, the holy armor mythril,m and Erza the Titania's shield....

Sooo how 'bout that enevitable DLC content x and y will have... now that GameFreak can do it... they totally will with X and Y...

They will probably add the following;

New areas to explore.

Accessories and costumes to customize your ingame character.

C-gear and pokedex skins.

New challenges in the battle tower/battle subway equivalent.

Megaevolution Stones.

That's all I got atm... but trust me... it will happen...

Come at me bros

Well, I still wanna find out about HOW and WHY the megastones work to do what they do. We can look at pokemon who probably could use evolutions because of their stats and stuff, but until we understand the concept behind it, it's still a great deal of speculation as to which pokemon will likely get one.

Also, they'd better be cheap like the FE dlc. Who knows, they may even sell off shiny pokemon sets like starters, legendaries, etc as DLC. It would have to be pretty amazing stuff to make me buy it though. Adding new areas to explore with creatures you couldn't encounter in the wild before would be likely.

Well, I still wanna find out about HOW and WHY the megastones work to do what they do. We can look at pokemon who probably could use evolutions because of their stats and stuff, but until we understand the concept behind it, it's still a great deal of speculation as to which pokemon will likely get one.

Also, they'd better be cheap like the FE dlc. Who knows, they may even sell off shiny pokemon sets like starters, legendaries, etc as DLC. It would have to be pretty amazing stuff to make me buy it though. Adding new areas to explore with creatures you couldn't encounter in the wild before would be likely.

Megastones work by giving it to a pokemon.............let's say, Absol. You give him/her the Absolnite(i think that's Absol's megastone's name) and once you said Absol to the battle, there's a button in the "Fight" button(where you access your moves), press it, select a move, and bam Absol megaevolved into..........MegaAbsol! MegaAbsol used Swords Dance! MegaAbsol's attack sharply increased!

Megastones work by giving it to a pokemon.............let's say, Absol. You give him/her the Absolnite(i think that's Absol's megastone's name) and once you said Absol to the battle, there's a button in the "Fight" button(where you access your moves), press it, select a move, and bam Absol megaevolved into..........MegaAbsol! MegaAbsol used Swords Dance! MegaAbsol's attack sharply increased!

You misunderstood me. How would a stone work to make these pokemon evolve temporarily, and why these pokemon in particular? What traits indicate that they have a megastone that could work for them? What is the concept behind the megastone- not how you literally make the stone do its thing.

I'm not going to be happy if they want me to pay for things I should get with the game I purchased. I don't care if they offer shiny Pokémon or stuff like that but if they want me to pay to continue the story I'm going to be quite mad.

I also want a explanation for why some of the Pokémon mega evolve.(as in what allows them to do it) and I would like to see some of the weaker Pokémon get a mega evolution.

idrc i know where my fact/opinions come from and i don't need no one to believe me and really Neo it too late for all that all this speculation and rumors you say could also be interpreted as something else. i'l stick to my judgement no matter what so it doesn't really matter

PS: don't speculate when someone is pissed cause you don't know when a person is pissed or just feels strongly of his opinion , most black people are used to being persecuted and this is how i am and most others are

Edited by Masamuine

it looks ugly imo... I can see people buying it though...

The problem is that people aren't buying their kids portable consoles anymolre, they just hand them their phone and let them play Angry birds...

But back to rumor mills...

There is a pokemon event where they are emphasizing Lucario, Chimchar, Treeko, Oshawatt, Zoraurk, and Sableye... that's an... interesting group...

I don't watch the anime... but they all seem like likely Mega evolution candidates to me

Lucario has a mega form

Chimchar, treeko, and oshawatt are starters like torchic

Zoraurk is insanely popular

And Sableye is rivals with Mawhile, whom is a confirmed mega. Can't do something to one and not the other... that's the laws of pokemon

Never knew Sableye had a rival thing going on, but if Sableye gets some kind of evolution/megaevolution I will be so freaking happy it'll be scary.

Scary I tell you.

ilu Sableye <3

Fairy Haxorus Mega Evolution.

RIOTS WILL INSUE OUTSIDE OF NINTENDO'S HQ IF HE IS NOT A REALITY IN 6TH GEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAD ASS DRAGON - ANGEL OF DEATH FLYIN' 'ROUND ON ANGEL WINGS BRINGING DEATH, NIGHTMARES, AND EPICOSITY TO THE MASSES!

If he does get one that is Dragon/Fairy, I hope it will get a higher speed stat, I mean, it makes sense, HE WOULD HAVE ANGEL WINGS TO SPEED HIM UP WHEN RUNNING.

*sigh*, I man can dream I guess... I have an awesome concept design of it in my head, and just imagining the shiny version makes me want to punch a hole in my wall. <;3

Edited by Ackalacka

Sableye is exclusive to Sapphire and is Ghost and Dark

Mawhile is exclusive to ruby and is steel and fairy/light

I am thinking along of the lines of Magmar/electrabuzz

One evolves, the both hafta evolve.

And @mael shinies as dlc? Fuck ya! I would pay money for a shiny Charmander, axew, or Elecktrike!

Also, megastones are totally digimon crests....

Blastoise evolves temporarly during battle because of the power of your kindness and generocity, and it turns back to normal after battle, ie. Digivolving.

"Why does it happen?" Short answer, it might just be why not ?

Also I can see Gamefreak exploiting the hell out of Megastones...

I can see certain stones only becoming available during certain mystery gift events, being version exclusives, only obtainable though dlc events, purchased through, or kept completly unobtainable until X2/Y2 or Z version... and who to say we will get such versions will come out when they can just release content though dlc?

I can also see megastones only becoming obtainable through certain methods, like "buy, play, and beat pokemon ranger 5 and and get Plusle and minun's mega stones!

@ rotom: why am I not surprised. Not gonna bother argueing because you and I share different philosophies when it comes to gaming

• Administrators

idrc i know where my fact/opinions come from and i don't need no one to believe me and really Neo it too late for all that all this speculation and rumors you say could also be interpreted as something else. i'l stick to my judgement no matter what so it doesn't really matter

PS: don't speculate when someone is pissed cause you don't know when a person is pissed or just feels strongly of his opinion , most black people are used to being persecuted and this is how i am and most others are

Congratulations on sealing your own fate with super unnecessary overreactions, and what does race have to do with literally anything here?

Enjoy the moderator preview until you switch up your attitude and/or learn to use the edit button.

Everyone else, as you were.

I think Mega Sableye could happen, and it has potential to be pretty cool, especially since current Sableye is already neat as it is... Maybe with better defenses it could actually function more as a tank type thing if it retains Prankster Will-O-Wisp?

Still secretly hoping for Mega Mismagius despite not much of a reason to do so. If nothing else, slash in a Fairy type on it at least </3

After reading everyone's opinions, I'm a little meh to the idea of making Fenniken Fire/Fighting now lol , I completely forgot about the whole Free Torchic holding a megastone on Release lolz :P , But yeah everyone brings up some good points and after some thinking Chespin or Froakie do seem to be the better fits, Fenniken has the Fox deal going down, unless they literally 'Rip Off' Naruto which I highly doubt they will, A fox doesn't look very Fighting to me lol , A lot of people seem to like the possible connection between Froakie and Croagunk that ThBe made earlier on , And as Dom said Chespin after some pondering does seem like he had something different.

Yeah. Chespin seems too excited by everything to be a Dark type down the evolutionary road. I think he might end up as a fighting type, while Fenniken may get a Dark secondary, instead of a psychic one.

I wouldn't mind that myself.

Yeah. Chespin seems too excited by everything to be a Dark type down the evolutionary road. I think he might end up as a fighting type, while Fenniken may get a Dark secondary, instead of a psychic one.

Dude, look what happened to Seedot. That was one cheery acorn...