Illumi

So few days ago I restarted my Rejuvenation, after run on v9 ended up in a failure, since I couldn't get past Valarie. (I didn't know about breeders with Audinos to grind and I was playing on intense ;-; )
This time I made it up to Grand Dream City, still playing on intense...
And it struck me. I used a stupidly successful strategy against Flora, so I thought, why not ask others about their methods of defeating gym leaders in this game?
If I will get... 5 upvotes, I will post my Flora fight. I hope this post isn't against rules ^-^

Well my favorite stupid strategy was at one point: abuse ditto. Basically Jan basically creates aburd fights with fields,weather, legendaries, custom moves, ... to the point of ridicolousness.

So ditto served as a way to make all these unfair advantages my own. The strategy had mixed results but in general it was a at the very least a one for one and some fights it absolutely dominated (looking at you amber).

I eventually boxed the ditto because it was just too much gimmick and I never knew what the custom which was downright infuriating.

Another one was scolipede (for another intense run) for the annoying single boss mon by using toxic, protect and dig. Protect and speed boost allowed me to guarantuee a toxic on the next turn against these boss mons and I sacked all my pokemon for an easy kill. Dig was used to stall a bit more.

E9 gym spoiler

Spoiler

Against the puppet I allowed trick room to be setup and then spored the opponents team with amoonguss. 30 base speed means fast spores.

I'd rather hear about a crazy Valerie strategy , maybe Narcissa, hell even Marianette! Unless Flora got completely changed in V10, my intense mode strat was launching Fire Blitz and Acrobatics, quite disapointing really.

Then again I was well prepaired for that gym battle, could have gone much worse if my box wasn't packed with fully trained pokemon. Sadly that save file died along with my hard drive, hoping for a more challanging grass gym battle this time around.

Nevertheless, have my upvote. I'm still curious.

14 minutes ago, LemonJones said:

I'd rather hear about a crazy Valerie strategy , maybe Narcissa, hell even Marianette! Unless Flora got completely changed in V10, my intense mode strat was launching Fire Blitz and Acrobatics, quite disapointing really.

Then again I was well prepaired for that gym battle, could have gone much worse if my box wasn't packed with fully trained pokemon. Sadly that save file died along with my hard drive, hoping for a more challanging grass gym battle this time around.

Nevertheless, have my upvote. I'm still curious.

Flora team changed a bit I think, seeds make her pokemon almost unbeatable, along with rain and terrain.

27 minutes ago, FairFamily said:

Well my favorite stupid strategy was at one point: abuse ditto. Basically Jan basically creates aburd fights with fields,weather, legendaries, custom moves, ... to the point of ridicolousness.

So ditto served as a way to make all these unfair advantages my own. The strategy had mixed results but in general it was a at the very least a one for one and some fights it absolutely dominated (looking at you amber).

I eventually boxed the ditto because it was just too much gimmick and I never knew what the custom which was downright infuriating.

Another one was scolipede (for another intense run) for the annoying single boss mon by using toxic, protect and dig. Protect and speed boost allowed me to guarantuee a toxic on the next turn against these boss mons and I sacked all my pokemon for an easy kill. Dig was used to stall a bit more.

E9 gym spoiler

Hide contents

Against the puppet I allowed trick room to be setup and then spored the opponents team with amoonguss. 30 base speed means fast spores.

My strategy for Puppets is to Taunt Bronzong with my Pangoro... and somehow go through it

Alrighty! Got 5 upvotes on my post, so here it is!

My strategy that worked against Grass-type Gym Leader Flora.

Before I start, here are teams:

My team:

Pyroar lvl 65

Incineroar lvl 65

Shiny Dodrio lvl 65

Alolan Muk lvl 65

Primarina (only for surf to get to the battlefield) lvl 65

And my lifesaving support, Mr. Mime lvl 61

Flora's team:

Torterra lvl 67

Ludicolo lvl 66

Ferrothorn lvl 67

Vileplume lvl 66

Shiinotic lvl 67

Shiny Mega Venusaur lvl 70

Yes, I am playing on Intense.

Now you could ask 'What do you mean by lifesaving support?' Let me explain!

Bewitched Woods was super annoying field, along with rain, which put my Fire-types in disadvantage. Plus Magical Seeds on 2 of her pokemon, which on field gave the Sp. Def boost and Ingrain effect, made me so annoyed. Before my win, I lost 14 times to her due to field effect, or rain, so I looked at the note to see how change terrain, and it was only 5 moves that could change it to Forest Area:

Purify, Healing Wish, Floral Healing, Seed Flare and Safeguard.

My only real option was to find a mon with Safeguard, and I had 2 candidates: Mr. Mime and my Altaria.

Buuuuut the thing was, Altaria learned Safeguard at lvl 9, and I had only 30 Reverse Candies, she was lvl 65 so... yah.

However, Mr. Mime learned Safeguard at 50, so I just had to train Mime. Jr from 15 to like 60, which I did... along with 7 other mons for my 14 loses.

Okay, here is battle went!

I open with Mr. Mime against Torterra, knowing that I am faster, and went for Safeguard, changing terrain to Forest Field. I was dead from one Earthquake, but Flora went for Stealth Rock for no reason, which gave me a free Light Screen for 8 turns (thank you Light Clay), before going down.

I choose Vanilluxe and pray for Ice Beam to 1 shot. I know, why pray since Torterra had 4x weakness? Stupid. Yache. Berrry.

Reduces super-effective Ice-type moves. Thing was, Bewitched Woods field boosted Beam-type moves by 1.3x, so before that it was clean 1-shot. HOWEVER, instead of Ice Beam, I used Hail to get rid of rain. My luck at this battle was insane, because not only Torterra missed Rock Slide, I got a crit Ice Beam for kill. 

Her second mon, Ludicolo. Without rain, it didn't have benefit of Swift Swim, but still could kill. I went for Mirror Coat, living his crit Focus Blast with 4 hp, killing it in process.

3rd mon, Ferrothorn. I swap to Pyroar, knowing that Magical Seed isn't procing on Forest Field, so no Sp. Def buff for you buddy. 1 shot with Flamethrower, same with her 4th mon Vileplume.

5th mon, another seed user, Shiinotic. On Bewitched Woods, Poison moves weren't super-effective against Grass and Fairy-types, but since I swapped terrains, I 1 shot it with Muk's Poison Jab after tanking a Moonblast.

Last mon, Mega Venusaur... oh boy.

Here is when table turned, because Muk got killed with crit Uproot. It's her special move that lowers Sp. Def by 2 stages. I swapped to Incineroar, but I had -Speed nature, so I got outspeed and killed with Sludge Bomb and Stealth Rock.

Now it was harsh. Vanilluxe dies from SR, so no point. I sent out Primarina to heal Vanilluxe, as it got 1 shot with Uproot. Now I went for Dodrio, but I didn't go for Drill Peck, instead used Endeavor, bringing it to about 40% of hp, before going down to Sludge Bomb.

Vanilluxe again, I connect Ice Beam, bringing it to red hp, she goes for Full Restore as I go for another IB, before going down I set it on fire with Will-of Wisp.

Final fight, Pyroar and Venusaur. Flamethrower and burn bring it to literally 1 hp, but so does she with Sludge Bomb, and I get poisoned. I had 0 healing items or Revives, so Full Restore from her meant 15th loss, but she got greedy! I kill Venusaur with Hyper Voice, winning the match after 4 hours of grinding mons, thinking in strategies and losing.

That was my strategy against Intense Flora fight, thank you for reading!

@FairFamily @LemonJones

One really fun strategy I employed in the past was for the water gym. At first I used shedinja as 4 of her Pokemon had no move that could hit it. After that was patched to be impossible I switched to a dry skin parasect and basically healed to full every turn with leech seed. Very hard counter to the field. 

Really that's what I love doing in this game. Manipulating the field. There was something you could do with narcissca as well where you could change the field to a holy field and just absolutely obliterate her team.

Love that stuff.