Can't beat Victoria (Lucario)

jnsvda

I've tried maybe 50 times, think I'm broke by now, but I can't beat Victoria (when having to face her because of Lin).

Her Lucario destroys me every time. Farthest I've come is facing her last Pokémon (Emboar?) but never further.

I've tried many times many different strategies, flying, electric, gardevoir with destiny bond, lots of pokémon with earthquake (ko's her raichu) but most of my pokémon just get k.o.'ed in one blow by her....

any tips, any help? I'm desperate!

Welp,

Lucario is reletively frail,so if you can outspeed and hit with a Super Effective STAB you should be able to take him out,you have Chandelure on your team,Chandelure should deal with him,(I can't remember Victoria's Lucario carries Earthquake or not),Maybe you should invest on Ev's even more or try different mons,

Her team should be mienshao, raichu, gallade, togekiss, lucario and incineroar, right? What's your team?

4 minutes ago, Thundermaze said:

Welp,

Lucario is reletively frail,so if you can outspeed and hit with a Super Effective STAB you should be able to take him out,you have Chandelure on your team,Chandelure should deal with him,(I can't remember Victoria's Lucario carries Earthquake or not),Maybe you should invest on Ev's even more or try different mons,

her lucario is special with shadow ball, not physical, i think, but pyroar can still safely outspeed it and maybe take it out

Thanks for the tip! I do have Chandelure, but didn't find him that effective.

I think the problem is, using earthquake makes the field break, and whatever I do, their attacks always land (either night slash or something or flash cannon that uses the field...

I come out with noivern, fly mienshao that seemed to be the easiest way to take him down, then she takes out raichu then I earthquake with golem and then she always comes out with gallade and or lucario and it always strand there or after that, at the togekiss. never gotten further :( 

Just now, walpurgis said:

Her team should be mienshao, raichu, gallade, togekiss, lucario and incineroar, right? What's your team?

her lucario is special with shadow ball, not physical, i think, but pyroar can still safely outspeed it and maybe take it out

My team was (before switching around): Golem, Gardevoir, Pyroar, Blaistoise, Luxray & Chandelure). I do have Thyplosion also sometimes and Noivern i've added instead of Luxray which seemed more useful... but none seem to really work.

Oh,a special Lucario..right~

Chandelure still can take one Non-Stab Shadow Ball and KO back with Flamethrower etc.

I always say this: Not EV training properly,will destroy you in Reborn.

Edit: Oh right,you can teach your Gardevoir Misty Terrain via Move Relearner if you have Heart Scales,that could give you an edge too.

Edited by Thundermaze

9 minutes ago, Thundermaze said:

Chandelure still can take one Non-Stab Shadow Ball and KO back with Flamethrower etc.

Edit: Oh right,you can teach your Gardevoir Misty Terrain via Move Relearner if you have Heart Scales,that could give you an edge too.

interesting. I've heard you don't need EV training to go through Reborn.

Also I wish I had some advice to give, but I'm also in the process of struggling against Victoria :P

1 minute ago, Candy said:

interesting. I've heard you don't need EV training to go through Reborn.

Also I wish I had some advice to give, but I'm also in the process of struggling against Victoria :P

Big battles like this can screw you over if you don't Ev train,

Proven by experience :/

Multiple defeats made me go mad in very old times ~

For what it's worth, I was able to beat E17 without ever EV training a single mon. So I would say that could give you an edge, but you can definitely survive without that.

Her team is 50% vulnerable to Ground, so anything that has STAB EQ and can tank at least one hit should be massively helpful. Other than that, on the odd chance that you have a Crobat with Acrobatics (meaning from a previous episode), it should be able to deal with Mienshao and Gallade.

Thundermaze's Misty Terrain suggestion is interesting, idk how helpful it would actually be but I'd give it a shot.

I hope you'll be able to beat her soon!

14 minutes ago, Thundermaze said:

you're totally right, I was overestimating lucario, chandelure should be able to deal with it

and yeah, the AI may be dumb and exploitable sometimes, but the pokemon are all ev trained, have perfect ivs, good natures and items that help them, so if your pokemon aren't ready you're in disadvantage 

hm. Don't know what happend but I beat her. Maybe because by now all my mon are practically lvl 80. Chandelure didn't do the trick (still k.o.) but apparently taking back Luxray and using the field did it...

thanks for the help guys!

12 minutes ago, jnsvda said:

hm. Don't know what happend but I beat her. Maybe because by now all my mon are practically lvl 80. Chandelure didn't do the trick (still k.o.) but apparently taking back Luxray and using the field did it...

thanks for the help guys!

Well congrats and good luck further in your journey, feel free to ask for anything ya need, be it help, pokemon, tips or just items. I'm always happy to help if I can.

Another tip for those struggling with the battle: Earthquake to use against her raichu to KO it, but be aware that it breaks the field and it gives way to her dark and ghost moves which are strong. So bring a good electic pokémon that can respark the field for after that. Also works great against her togekiss! I think that might have been my biggest mistake.