E17 Predictions - Mega Stones

lifesapity

According to a map I found from a while ago, there are 3 spots of interest besides the scrapyard: Teknite cave, Mirage Tower and Sugline Cave. Not sure what the caves are supposed to be for, but I'm guessing we might be able to get a Mega Stone for a ghost type pokemon, as the word Mirage suggests something supernatural, aka ghost type, and a Mega Stone could be there.

Pure speculation of course, so we'll have to see

• Global Mods

Based on the ones we've got so far, there seems to be a trend of receiving them in roughly ascending power, so some of the other low-mid power mega stones seem likely such as maybe Houndoomite, Ampharosite, Galladite etc?

My guesses are Sablenite, Slowbronite, Aggronite, and Altarianite, since they would be among the less OP (at least offensively) Mega Evolutions remaining. About the Mega Ring, I think we might get IT before the post-game, since Amethyst already considered (albeit briefly) giving it to us in E16. Also, story-wise, it would make sense for a supporting character to give the MC one, since, you know, the fate of the whole region is at stake. Maybe we could get it before facing PULSE Clawitzer or before facing the E4.

As for locations, it doesn't need to be only in the Desert. There could also be Mega Stones in the Underwater houses (if we can get the rest of their keys).

12 hours ago, iDunno said:

My guesses are Sablenite, Slowbronite, Aggronite, and Altarianite, since they would be among the less OP (at least offensively) Mega Evolutions remaining.

And a fairy dragon with pixelate is one of the "less" OP in offence... how again? and that's ignoring D-dance.

Personally, I think Gardevoir might be possible as (if I remember correctly) it's one of Ame's favorite mons

Bear in mind that since Gen7, mega evolving comes with the highest priority. This changes the tiers of the mega evolutions somewhat.

I would like to remind everyone that right now we have the mega stones for the following pokemon:

Heracross, Pinsir, Banette, Abomasnow, Audino, Glalie, Camerupt, and finally Steelix (1/3 people get this)

The remaining are for the following pokemon:
Venusaur, CharizardY, CharizardX, Blastoise, Alakazam, Gengar, Kangaskhan, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, MewtwoY, MewtwoX, Beedrill, Pidgeot, Slowbro

Ampharos, Scizor, Houndoom, Tyranitar

Blaziken, Gardevoir, Mawile, Aggron, Medicham, Manectric, Absol, Sceptile, Swampert, Sharpedo, Altaria, Salamence, Metagross, Lati@s, Rayqay

Chomp, Lucario, NoPunny, Gallade, Diancie

So far we have received some of the worse (Audino, Glalie, Camerupt) and some decent ones (Pinsir, Heracross, Abomasnow)

I believe it's 99% certain we'll get Sharpedo, especially because we already got Camerupt.

Power-wise, I believe M-Ampharos and M-Pidgey are the next in line, being less useful than Pinsir/Heracross.

Also, it's quite possible we get one for Scizor since we're definitely not getting Scyther before we reach the Victory Road.