suggestion/request

gilam

hi.

i am new to the game, and new to the site.

i think it will be better if in the next patch u guys will change the HM TMX moves.

it sucks the in a game like this u need 1-2 pokemon for out side move's only.

i think another method will be better and more fun. 

Hi, in-game HMs already work just like TMs. You don't need to go to a Move Deleter or HM slaves, just teach your pokemon the HM you need to use, and once you don't need it anymore, teach it anything over the HM move.

44 minutes ago, gilam said:

hi.

i am new to the game, and new to the site.

i think it will be better if in the next patch u guys will change the HM TMX moves.

it sucks the in a game like this u need 1-2 pokemon for out side move's only.

i think another method will be better and more fun. 

There're some mods out there that will allow you to use HM moves by just owning them.

The one I use is this weather mod which has this additional feature.

Yeah the HM requirement is really clunky in the Pokemon games. It's a strange spot in terms of game design though. They want the pokemon to be useful, particularly in facilitating your adventure, so they introduce ways pokemon can affect the overworld. Then you want more things pokemon can do to make the mechanic fresh and varied, but then you end up constraining the moves and pokemon you can use. It's tough. It would be cool if you could have an item that allowed you to use HM's from your party and pc, perhaps with a nod to the move assist, which would allow you to keep HM slaves in the pc.

Anyway in the mean time just use the pc mod lol. Apparently it also has toggleable repels and controllable weather! Hopefully it works for episode 17's build too.

while I wanna say that you're absolutely right, I can't. Here's why: for better or for worse, HM's have been a part of Pokémon for about 20 years. the only main series game to have removed them was sun and moon. overall Ame has been very kind to use by making them a TMX in ep 16, so we can thank our lucky stars for that. I fully agree that HM's deserve to get smashed with a hammer, but instead of damning Ame to all the wrong places for still making them needed, let's thank her for making them a TMX. personally, I've rarely really felt like it was taking up a valuable spot on my team, as in most cases it will not lead up to a too powerful boss (f*ck foogus island tho, that place may burn to the ground)