Pokemon Spork Blind

Filthy Casual

Chapter 10: Very Punny, Game...

After defeating the pack of Tepig, we decided to check out the trainer's gym!

FWJNhbz.png

Apparently, this was a place where trainers could test their skills before beginning their journey. Rania had even challenged the Elite Four, only to lose when she almost made it to the end. Still, she allowed us to test out our team against hers!

Spoiler

FID9N1X.png

The battle begins with Krueger switching out immediately.

eWAKT7s.png

Counter easily handles Emboar.

k0cJBNT.png

Tad puts Alolan Dugtrio to sleep before finishing it off with Wake-Up Slap.

84mX4mK.png

Moriarty is able to wall Rotom, finishing it off with Pin Missile.

ZbmMTSI.png

Krueger is able to handle Sylveon with Slash.

8vPYisM.png

Moriarty, realizing he doesn't have much help left, decides to switch out. Lieutenant (Wobbuffet) takes the damage, going down in the process.

8zXzknw.png

Coltrane manages to paralyze Metagross with Nuzzle before going down.

f1RJGUG.png

Faint Attack is now able to KO Metagross after a Hyper Potion heals Moriarty.

7Grtdlg.png

Moriarty is switched out for Faye (Ribombee).

iiKsbgT.png

Poor Ditto gets massacred.

sGNaXjY.png

I really love the team I've made so far. They're all really fun to use!

With our victory, we decided to explore a bit more. We found an abandoned ship, where a hex lady decided to fight us. I don't just mean a trainer, I mean the actual lady! Moriarty (Cacturne) was able to put her down, only for us to find out it was a Ditto! We decided to keep it enslaved in the box on the team!

6AmYXAN.png

Hooray outdated political humor!

However, when exploring the room a bit more, we found something even more strange...

1rdhO5K.png

...what this does is only a mystery at this point, but I'm excited to look for more!

Finally, we found another bug in the game which occurs at the first town. If you walk down at the wall by the Pokemon Center, you can realize that your main character hasn't skipped leg day.

1o9ZZyK.png

My guess is because there is no ledge there (in comparison to the wall on the far right), but I hope that gets fixed soon. You're not able to go anywhere far (just in that square), but it's just a minor thing.

Afterwards, we wandered around for a while, forgetting where we were supposed to go, until we found out a new building was opening!

qGybDpc.png

There was only one problem, however. I'm sure you see Barker in the background. We were going to stop him! First, however, we had to meet the gym leader!

fh3ViG1.png

By the way, you know what he's called when you fight him? It's freaking Instant Lee! This game has all of the puns!

However, there was still one thing left to do: defeat Barker!

Spoiler

LUcxKEL.png

The battle begins with Krueger using Slash. He is then forced to switch out for Tad (Poliwrath).

ddqgpOM.png

Unfortunately, it turns out Arcanine has Thunder Fang, paralyzing Tad. Bubblebeam still manages to KO, however.

hpvxwmh.png

Moriarty lives a Flame Burst, KOing with two Sucker Punches (that move hits like a truck on Cacturne).

2H2rZj3.png

Of course, Lieutenant outlasts and KOs Lucario with Counter.

Y9WeIQV.png

Tad heals up, KOing with Bubblebeam.

NrE5AMs.png

Coltrane is able to KO with a couple Thunderbolts.

LVDfpgz.png

Coltrane gets off a Nuzzle before going down.

nX5IsnR.png

Lieutenant goes for Destiny Bond, as Stoutland takes Lieutenant down.

IqVJs2y.png

However, with our victory, we received the HM for Strength! It turns out he was here to give out the HM to others!

zPq1Cde.png

This is a huge strength of Spork, and one even Zeta/Omicron didn't get right: the use of HMs. With the exception of Fly, as long as you have the HM in your bag, you can use it outside of battle! This is an awesome idea I welcome with open arms! However, we still had to defeat Lee for our next badge!

Spoiler

oPpNxlz.png

The battle begins with Coltrane KOing Medicham with a couple Thunderbolts.

kaprQVw.png

Mienshao goes for Fake Out, not realizing Faye's ability is Shield Dust. Mienshao is blown away by a Dazzling Gleam.

p6nnp7G.png

Moriarty goes for Sucker Punch in order to break Sturdy. He goes down almost instantly.

BdpZGwV.png

Faye KOs with Dazzling Gleam.

GgSjFPo.png

Flying Press blows Coltrane away.

UIIDZkW.png

Lieutenant is able to use Counter to bring Hawlucha down.

HQM8GPo.png

Tad tanks Blaziken's attacks, KOing with Bubblebeam.

ldLtCAE.png

Faye unfortunately cannot KO with Dazzling Gleam, as Hitmonlee takes her out with Blaze Kick.

Lb2SfIR.png

Krueger finishes the fight with Slash.

dwP5ZDQ.png

With that battle completed, next time, we will continue our adventure, perhaps completing some side quests along the way.

Current Team

Spoiler

dbXrkSC.png

Edited by Filthy Casual

Chapter 11: A Cold Reality

We started our journey by taking the long journey to the next town, a town covered in snow. Inside, we found Anthony, the creator of the PC, as well as...

uckg3nq.png

G28OXmh.png

...man, Snooze has incredible balance to be able to do that!

After exploring Cyberspace, he decided to explore the rest of the facility, where he ran into Cayla and Crolea once more!

7cGcD2H.png

Once Kayla entered her simulation, Crolea explained to us about a group which had went to space, only to be attacked by a "mysterious creature" (TOTALLY not Deoxys). After the brief story, however, she explained this:

u0uzLlE.png

H1j8VZW.png

Because of this, she wanted us to stop them. Crolea decided to give us the HMs for Surf and Dive. This is already amazing, as Tad (Poliwrath) needed a better move than Bubblebeam, and Surf works extremely well!

Despite this, Crolea encouraged us to explore the town. After all, we still needed to collect badges, and what better way to do have fun on a vacation then to-

vfESm4N.png

...wait, are you-

FOYdMqi.png

SudhycO.png

6Dky99N.png

...oh, no...

Needless to say, she had us fight each grunt without us resting. She would have challenged us afterwards, but we were rescued by a third party.

isMpPMx.png

Indeed, it was time for a double battle!

Spoiler

oBnU2l7.png

That's a really nice sprite! Let's see what level this Articuno is...

DYusFLJ.png

JESUS CHRIST!

Needless to say, Articuno begins the battle with Blizzard. Faye goes for Stun Spore, which is intended for Dusknoir, on Magnezone. Magnezone gets paralyzed, but is able to take down poor Faye.

5HTirzS.png

Krueger attacks Chandelure with Feint Attack as Articuno goes for Blizzard again. Changelure almost KOs Krueger.

KC1JVBu.png

Articuno KOs the duo with Blizzard. Krueger learns Swords Dance (YES!).

EDCb77w.png

Articuno KOs Clefable with Ice Beam while Pheromosa KOs Krueger with Silver Wind.

0bCkob0.png

Moriarty is KOd by Pheromosa. Articuno finishes the job with another Ice Beam.

ZMDSjff.png

THIS is a great way to introduce a leader! I couldn't beat her without a legendary on my side! It makes me hyped to be able to fight her by myself when the time comes!

As you can imagine, Pandora wasn't happy with us having a legendary on our side. Still, she decided to reward us by giving us Team Portal's motivations...

Ry1g99q.png

YdW2z6h.png

Apparently, they want to be able to enter this vault, despite the strict requirements of the "guardians". Still, we had to defeat the ice gym leader of the region. As we entered, we did a bit of exploring, and...

nwA6qdM.png

Yeah, right next to the door, you can walk through the wall, allowing yourself to do this:

XmSKFVT.png

I've had a ton of fun with this game so far, but so far, the weakest aspect without a doubt have been the overworld. The maps feel unfinished and barren. It doesn't help that you can walk through a couple of walls. It's funny, too, because everything else in this game is a ton of fun. Spork is like the opposite of Full Moon: that game had better maps, but I felt it was a chore to play, whereas this game has unfinished maps, but is really fun regardless.

Despite this, we eventually made it to the ice leader, where we found her waiting for us.

gxpyVJK.png

It was time for a fight!

Spoiler

Holy crap, I forgot to post theme suggestions! Well, I still have a suggestion for Aurora: this.

4aCzkdm.png

The battle begins with Lieutenant KOing with Counter.

uADki0X.png

Tad is able to KO with a combination of Wake-Up Slap and Surf (CURSE YOU FOCUS SASH).

9Ucak6T.png

Moriarty cheeses Jynx with Sucker Punch.

5E3a8Fh.png

Coltrane is able to 2HKO with Thunderbolt, despite getting hit by a critical Body Slam.

QPc1wtS.png

Tad is able to put Avalugg to sleep with Hypnosis, KOing with a couple Wake-Up Slaps.

tQYwRDE.png

As Tad heals up, Aurorus goes for Ancientpower. It gets the stat boosts! Aurorus then goes for Freeze Dry!

wJS8g2a.png

Aurorus even outspeeds Coltrane!

w2A0iC0.png

Moriarty is sacrificed so Lieutenant (Wobbuffet) can be healed.

ddrBDRI.png

Lieutenant is able to set up a Destiny Bond. Unfortunately, Aurorus picks up on it and goes for Ancientpower...

...fortunately, it gets a crit in the process, taking the two down.

rRyGkse.png

That was pure luck. Our team is technically awful, but I love using all members of the team. Also, these sprites are still top quality!

After our win, we received the TM for Hail, and were given a motivational speech about never giving up. Next time, we'll be heading to this "Underwater Hotel"!

Current Team

Spoiler

HAcktES.png

Chapter 12: "YOU IDIOT!"

After defeating Aurora for our next badge, we decided to tackle the Underwater Hotel. As we were heading there, we ran into some old friends!

FyljV3v.png

We decided to head through the cave, only to be absorbed through LSD "Dream Portals".

vN0yVBG.png

What the hell is happening?

RrL10xG.png

YOU TOO?! I thought you were just an NPC?!

That wasn't all, however. Snooze then received this:

0F0f1rH.png

Afterwards, what more sensical way to continue our adventure than with a rousing game of Rock Paper Scissors?

zDl5roH.png

I'm curious as to what your inspiration for this was, @CynTheSylveon. I'm fine with this scene, but I'm also quite baffled (in a positive way).

After we won first try (hell yeah Rock), we were sent out of the acid trip in order to see who was truly responsible.

WB7FnXP.png

Indeed, it was time to fight!

Spoiler

9Pp35P0.png

The battle begins with Krueger attempting to set up with Swords Dance. Unfortunately, that doesn't work, as he goes down.

hQ3VWEL.png

Coltrane KOs with Thunderbolt.

kCeo3tk.png

Moriarty KOs with a couple Sucker Punches.

PGpBIRy.png

Surf KOs Pyroar, but not before he gets a burn on Tad.

YbLfhZJ.png

A couple more Sucker Punches brings Luxray down.

OLkKwAM.png

Faye KOs with Pollen Puff.

gWXqYvI.png

Despite being hit with Attract, Lieutenant is able to KO with Counter.

fVnYslL.png

Eventually, we made our way to the Underwater Hotel, where we found that Team Portal had made their entrance. We decided to continue onward, only to see that... that...

W2cYLwC.png

OH GOD NOT AGAIN!

Spoiler

ZA3XOTW.png

The battle begins with Tad getting off a Hypnosis + Wake-Up Slap combo.

iu4XHXD.png

A couple Dazzling Gleams decimate Alolan Exeggutor.

UYetUoL.png

Another Dazzling Gleam OHKOs Guzzlord.

uPDfXir.png

Counter eventually brings Lickilicky down.

pEDvj0p.png

Unfortunately for Krueger, Swords Dance proves to be his undoing, as Slurpuff goes for Cotton Guard. Slash barely does anything as Krueger goes down.

T0wQ6lb.png

Luckily, Coltrane finishes Slurpuff off.

mqpMdE9.png

Coltrane hits Swalot with a Nuzzle before going down.

6eadOBL.png

Lieutenant sets up a Destiny Bond. Swalot takes the bait.

DprI0cz.png

Of course, with Delicia defeated, the logical thing for her to do would be for her to eat the pillar blocking the elevator...

...WHAT?!

After taking a moment to process Delicia's insane appetite, we continued onward to the top floor, where we ran into another admin.

nVMorqj.png

It was time for another battle!

Spoiler

bVrdjpk.png

The battle begins with Lieutenant switching out for Coltrane (Raichu).

JDqGmZc.png

Coltrane easily KOs with Thunderbolt.

u3qhXjj.png

One Pollen Puff decimates.

JvHoupA.png

It takes a couple Surfs to bring Magmortar down (stupid berry...).

iVsKdi2.png

As you can imaging, Mirror Coat decimates Porygon-Z.

GCo8ape.png

Moriarty lands a critical Needle Arm.

3QCVauQ.png

Not even a berry can save Swanna from Coltrane.

MCIIKAh.png

That slaughter was brutal!

After our victory, Quinn was forced to deal with Triston, a member of the elite four!

nc0bERL.png

Quinn explained to Triston that he invaded the Underwater Hotel for a bottle...

...wait a minute... they're called Team Portal... a bottle...

...THEY'RE GOING TO USE HOOPA UNBOUND!

So what does Triston do? LET THEM GO WITHOUT ASKING WHY THEY WANTED THE BOTTLE!

TRISTON, YOU'RE A FUCKING IDIOT! YOU'VE DOOMED US ALL BECAUSE OF YOUR ARROGANCE! SNOOZE WOULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING IF HE COULD TALK, BUT SINCE HE CAN'T, WHAT HAPPENS NEXT FALLS SOLELY ON YOU!

...anyway, with our victory, we decided to take some time completing side quests. We had already done a couple side quests with the police officers off screen (all except for the one with the dentist), so we completed the ranger side quests this time. Here are some highlights:

Spoiler

First, Holiday Pokemon:

1CdFpma.png

These Pokemon allow the MC special abilities. For example, Halloween Espurr allows Snooze to walk over those gray puddles of water. This allowed him to find this:

WOXh50S.png

We've got a Celesteela in the box now! That wasn't all, however! On the last mission, we found this:

77HLlDs.png

HOLY CRAP, IT'S A GUARDIAN!

I'd also like to point out I've now collected over 20 marbles. I'm supposed to turn them in at the "Technicolor Forest" (I'm pretty sure I just got that name wrong: sorry about that), but I'm not sure where to find them.

Next time, we are going to fight the dragon type gym leader for our next badge!

Current Team

Spoiler

7EZW1e9.png

Edited by Filthy Casual

• Global Mods

My inspiration for the first dream sequence with Gina was this thread I made: http://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/17305-what-if-a-reptilian-ghost-girl-who-doesnt-trust-dr-phil-asked-you-for-a-cheeseburger/

The second dream sequence was done from scratch as I was making the scene, with the exception of Litwick's appearance which was always planned. 

The inspiration for the third dream sequence was another post I made on the forums, but I don't remember which thread it was in. What I remember about the story is that I was making a cup of coffee that came to life in an elevator, then I either fell asleep or lost consciousness and woke up in a rock paper scissors tournament where I lost in the last round because someone cheated. The coffee cup, a kangaroo, and some other being that I don't remember who I substituted Rayquaza for in the game proved I cheated, so we went again and I won. We would go on to have many more adventures together. 

I could've sworn I swapped Clefable for Aromatisse on Pandora's team...I changed it to Aromatisse because it fits Pandora more, since Palletite gave her a perfume theme. Maybe I switched it in the second battle but forgot to do so in the first? 

EDIT: It appears that is what happened. Fixed now.

Chapter 13: Battles, the Episode

Before we could move to the next town, we still had to defeat Dragna. Without hesitation, we quickly went to battle!

Spoiler

wS0oYVD.png

The battle begins with Faye paralyzing Kingdra with Stun Spore. She sets up four Quiver Dances. Finally, she goes for Dazzling Gleam.

fZ83TBJ.png

That was the easiest gym battle by far! Faye is a beast!

After our intense (totally not sarcasm) gym battle, we met up with Emily once more. She informed us of some interesting news:

q7r6GIF.png

Despite this surprise, we decided to do something with Emily we weren't able to do the entire adventure so far: actually take a break. We took this time to explore, finding a neat "Heracross Tower".

JsEwWMV.png

She explained to us that we needed to take on one of her Pokemon in order to test it's strength. Of course, knowing it would be a Heracross, we accepted her-

CccfvsG.png

...well that's not a Heracross!

Regardless, we now have a Buzzwole sitting in the PC. We continued to explore, eventually running into the gym leader of the town.

tabUAGH.png

Arethra was with Wendy, the bug type leader and fashion expert of the region. They explained a lot of things we already knew, then telling us to relax at the lake.

485aJ27.png

Hey, it's the picture from the Spork download page!

That's not all! Emily gave us what I assume is exclusive dialogue!

HxWIbdv.png

xDpJuoh.png

It was a nice change of pace. Finally, we would be able to relax for our-

q7lBFzV.png

YOU CREEPER!

Seriously, though, it turns out Quinn enjoys scuba diving for fun. Rather than threaten him with calling the authorities on him, however, we decided to let him watch us battle!

Spoiler

K6YTTFt.png

Krueger begins the fight by setting up a Swords Dance. He OHKOs with X-Scissor.

rf3bFZK.png

This time, we are ready. Krueger takes a dump on Tyrantrum with Close Combat.

7gJIPdf.png

Coltrane is able to KO with Thunderbolt.

bNPBlR4.png

A Nuzzle + Thunderbolt combo handles Yanmega.

4tIPEsc.png

Counter walls Lopunny.

mUFnnQA.png

Surf is able to decimate Ninetales.

RXVSgza.png

Meanwhile, I imagine Quinn in the background creepily looking onward with a really big smile on his face.

With that battle out of the way, it was finally time to take on the-

esyz59U.png

Oh, come on! Not again!

Spoiler

J9dzHlV.png

Grumpig gets blown away by Mirror Coat.

hxpHFLg.png

Lieutenant tanks a Knock Off to pick up the KO with Counter.

lul8RyT.png

Moriarty gets a critical Sucker Punch on Mismagius.

LesOa4m.png

Slash is able to handle Venomoth.

mngCa8q.png

It is not, however, able to handle Shiinotic.

zJ4iwQ2.png

Coltrane gets walled to death. Looking back, I have no clue why I sent him out.

g4M07XY.png

Faye KOs with Pollen Puff.

1WQijTV.png

Tad 2HKOs with Wake-Up Slap.

hVbYIb3.png

Easy.

With that out of the way, we were finally able to challenge-

viZG8GX.png

COME ON!

Spoiler

aSEvFPT.png

The battle begins with Moriarty KOing Dusknoir with Feint Attack.

r4kd2dT.png

Pheromosa is walled by Faye, who KOs with Dazzling Gleam.

D4baREB.png

Tad is able to wall due to his typing. Surf doesn't KO, however, allowing Chandelure to switch.

3o8gRNQ.png

Tad tries to outspeed and put Magnezone to sleep. This backfires horribly.

pfWN10q.png

Krueger is able to KO with Close Combat after a Swords Dance.

nyegGKu.png

Krueger attempts to KO with Slash. Gardevoir barely lives, KOing Krueger in the process.

MCgxHDD.png

Coltrane is able to pick up the revenge kill.

81smV4k.png

Moriarty KOs with Sucker Punch.

S5u3TXl.png

Lieutenant walls with Mirror Coat.

JWxDjqn.png

FINALLY, we were able to take on the Gym Leader! Only one problem, however...

...MY TEAM SUCKS AGAINST BUG TYPES!

Spoiler

HOD9tLP.png

The battle begins with Lieutenant KOing with Mirror Coat.

iSA1ey7.png

Coltrane manages to KO with Thunderbolt.

GFvD3ic.png

Coltrane is outsped and KOd by Poison Jab.

LFiCUiG.png

Tad is unable to KO with Surf, going down in the process.

VCKQqIh.png

Moriarty picks up the KO with Sucker Punch.

HJvspsT.png

Krueger has no hope of KOing Volcarona. He is sacrificed to heal Lieutenant (Wobbuffet).

muo4AtS.png

Lieutenant OHKOs with Mirror Coat.

erGKYtr.png

Faye almost KOs, but is brought down by a critical Leaf Blade.

O0PZ4E3.png

Sucker Punch finishes the job.

1FqdCF5.png

Unfortunately, Moriarty only gets off one Sucker Punch before Attack Order KOs.

RNidXeC.png

It's now 1v1. Lieutenant has the disadvantage. The only how is that Vespiquen doesn't KO with Attack Order, allowing Lieutenant to KO with Counter...

...AND THAT'S JUST WHAT HAPPENS!

bhPgiLi.png

LIEUTENANT IS CLUTCH!

We were able to collect two badges this episode! Next time, we'll be on our way to meeting the Sea Stars.

Current Team

Spoiler

f8oZ8nI.png

Edited by Filthy Casual

Chapter 14: Head in the Staryus

After defeating Wendy for our next badge, we decided to head to the next town. There, Quinn was waiting for us, decided to explain a bit about the Sea Stars.

qQKTGXc.png

From what he's been telling us, as well as what the game's been telling us, I'm extremely excited to see what they come up with for these people! In fact, we'll even be meeting the Sea Stars with our friends Crolea and Delicia!

uSyfQ5O.png

I can even only imagine what their home is like! If I had to guess, the most logical place would be for them to live in an underwater grotto, perhaps surrounded by crystals shimmering off the sides. These people would look alien in nature, even... even...

3FVf3GO.png

...no...

1XBlDeb.png

THEY'RE JUST SHINY STARYUS!

This is the first time in Spork I'm pretty disappointed. I can forgive bad mapping, since you can always go back and fix it. In fact, I'm not even bothered that their society is in a plain field, because they tried to make it look like a cave (as the walls are shinier). The problem I have is that the Sea Stars are just Pokemon. I know they're supposed to be their own thing, but I was hoping there would be a contrast between the Sea Stars and Staryus. Perhaps make them a Staryu/person hybrid...

...actually, I might try that. I'd love to see how it turns out, and I need to learn a bit about spriting, anyway.

Still, their town is at least interesting! I stumbled upon this in one of their houses!

iH9PZko.png

Needless to say, we now have a Torchic in the box! She'll never be used, but at least I can say I have one.

Eventually, we stumbled across a fun tournament.

TUMVmS4.png

There were many battles. However, during the final three, we ran into this person:

4TiDL2J.png

I didn't show him off, but we actually saw him in episode 1 during the library sequence. Now, it was time for a fight!

Spoiler

C55VrxI.png

The battle begins with Faye blowing Gogoat away with Pollen Puff.

H0r2sXc.png

Incineroar is hit with a Surf. However, this activates the Ejection Button, causing Coltrane (Raichu) to switch into a boosted Fire Fang (from Bulk Up).

GMKMmYQ.png

Poor Coltrane can't KO with Thunderbolt. He goes down.

z9QRZyv.png

Luckily, Tad finishes the job.

K2cYxNJ.png

Moriarty does massive damage on Electivire with Sucker Punch before going down.

T6LM1Ic.png

Krueger finishes it off with Slash.

I5aM4RS.png

Counter finishes off Mudsdale.

eYpNBuq.png

Looking back, it was a really bad idea to leave Lieutenant in on a First Impression.

lNWf7Vj.png

Tad can barely touch Golisopod. Because of this, he puts it to sleep with Hypnosis, switching out.

oGn4k62.png

Golisopod wakes up, going for First Impression. However, it obviously fails. This causes Faye to use Dazzling Gleam, bringing Golisopod below half health, forcing it to switch out...

...but then Lucario also uses First Impression on the same turn?

UKjeCqn.png

Is this a bug? I'm pretty sure that move's not supposed to work like that.

Anyway, Faye gets in one more Dazzling Gleam before she goes down.

HV86bJn.png

One Wake-Up Slap finishes Lucario off.

UC1Sxis.png

Slash ends the battle.

pnANmuc.png

After that quick battle, we made the semifinals, where we faced off against an old friend.

5aKwhRU.png

It was time to battle!

Spoiler

y3rwUsy.png

Faye sets up a Quiver Dance before going for Dazzling Gleam. She doesn't KO, but Bewear is forced to switch.

dSOHzXu.png

Gothitelle gets decimated by Pollen Puff.

FByHuZF.png

Steelix is walled by Tad.

C1uKhDA.png

Bewear can't survive round 2.

JRxx9aY.png

Celesteela is bombarded by Thunderbolt.

TMgfzzH.png

Moriarty goes for Pin Missile, forgetting Malamar has Superpower. He goes down, barely getting off anything with Pin Missile.

Pb2MsO3.png

Luckily, Krueger gets a critical X-Scissor on Malamar.

9TW96g9.png

X-Scissor isn't enough to KO Starmie. However, two Psychics handles Krueger.

wreNY5U.png

Coltrane tanks the Ice Beam, KOing with Thunderbolt.

QPLjjmt.png

On a side note: Crolea does not look 16 to me!

Afterwards, we made the finals! We were facing off against the new normal type gym leader, a fellow Sea Star!

WmyWIQ0.png

It was time to win the tournament!

Spoiler

C2TdOMR.png

The battle begins with Moriarty 2HKOing Blissey with Sucker Punch. He goes down to a couple Air Slashes.

2nyHEO4.png

Coltrane KOs Noctowl with Thunderbolt. Snorlax, however, returns the favor.

4CR8UvL.png

Tad is able to KO Snorlax after Lieutenant hits him with a Counter.

alb8Byd.png

Tad is unfortunately outmatched by Sawsbuck.

6LotkAo.png

Pollen Puff destroys Sawsbuck.

EDH0uqz.png

Audino is sent in to...

pWh9w9u.png

...oh, that's neat! They have Mega Evolution now!

Regardless, Lieutenant goes down to a Helping Hand boosted Zen Headbutt.

BUdlDzk.png

Krueger and Faye double team Miltank.

SM6RIeI.png

At this point, the battle is won.

1KuwN1K.png

You see what I mean? There could have been so much potential with these designs, but instead, it's Staryu.

For winning against the gym leader, we received...

...no badge?

That's kind of silly, but whatever, I suppose. Instead, next time, we'll be hearing from some mysterious speakers visiting the colony!

Current Team

Spoiler

xSWmlAz.png

• Global Mods

Meda is not the current Normal leader. Jim is, whose badge you already have. Meda is the Ceolis League's first Normal leader. It even mentions in one of the screenshots you posted that she's resigned.

The reason Sea Stars use Staryu as a base is because it's the closest fit for them. Sea Stars are from a short story I wrote 5 years ago and they're pretty much sentient starfish (sea star is the scientific name for starfish). I imagine they don't look like Staryu exactly, but I wasn't really sure what could be done with them. I probably should've put a disclaimer in the opening post about this way back when episode 1 was released, since I completely understand the disappointment (and I'm surprised you're the first person to mention it). I gave Palletite the option of whether to revamp them or just work on the human sprites, and they seem to have chosen to focus solely on the human sprites, which I'm okay with because non-human sprites are probably a lot more difficult to work with and Palletite is extremely busy with IRL issues. 

I apologize if I came off as rude when I explained Meda was the first Normal leader in the league's history and not the current. That wasn't my intention, but I feel like that's how it came out. It's just clearly explained through the dialogue that she was the original and isn't the Normal leader anymore, so I'm not really sure where the confusion comes from. :S 

Chapter 15: Over Already?

I should take this moments to acknowledge something: I totally forgot about Jim's existence. You can forget about my gym leader rant. I'm not sure how that escaped my mind, I'm just being stupid. However, I did find this:

1wMZCIR.png

I'm not sure what it actually does, but it's nice to say I found another holiday Pokemon. Lieutenant (Wobbuffet) made quick work of it.

Afterwards, we decided to head to the temple. Before we could, however, we found this:

I7a87WM.png

I haven't brought this up, but apparently, these characters have been testing us. I'm interested to see what it's actually about, but until then, it was time to fight!

Spoiler

r5Ckd8D.png

Before the fight, Tad was given a Life Orb. As such, one Ice Beam decimates Altaria.

nT9Zzve.png

Tad gets hit by a flying gym boosted Acrobatics. However, he tanks the hit, KOing with Ice Beam.

b66xI3B.png

Swoobat is destroyed by a critical Thunderbolt.

PYkk3w7.png

Coltrane almost goes down to a Play Rough. However, he lives, going for Nuzzle to finish off Azumarill. This causes it to switch into Glaceon.

MFuFQD3.png

Coltrane goes for Thunderbolt, getting destroyed by Mirror Coat.

nusTxc0.png

Wake-Up Slap finishes the job.

usqo9Kp.png

Needle Arm decimates Azumarill.

4N7S635.png

Moriarty easily walls Phione.

s2uCl39.png

After our battle, we decided to head into the temple, where we found the two speakers: Brutus and Agne!

GPB2l7h.png

They gave us a bit of back story about the history of the region. It's something I appreciate this game does, and it's at the right time, as well. However, we were also challenged to a battle by Ivan, guardian of the temple!

Spoiler

aDrkuzk.png

The battle begins with Moriarty decimating with Needle Arm.

GYM41Wk.png

Coltrane is hit by a Toxic before taking Toxapex down.

87LNNKz.png

A Sucker Punche almost decimates Starmie, but not before it gets off an Ice Beam. Starmie switches out.

rzQf0NW.png

Moriarty can't outspeed Empoleon, getting blown away by a Flash Cannon.

oaMYYng.png

Hypnosis and Wake-Up Slap decimate Empoleon.

DqdxIJh.png

Quick Attack KOs Starmie.

hwuEK5Z.png

Manaphy is decimated by a critical Thunderbolt.

LZEBOH4.png

The battle is pretty much over at this point.

00bP3m6.png

I used a Full Restore as insurance. As a side note, I thought Pyukumuku's ability was supposed to damage you when it fainted. It didn't seem to do that.

With our victory, we spent a bit more time exploring. We found a couple fun things. However, I also found this bug:

gWIOQpG.png

You cannot enter the doors in the school. You walk right through them.

Second, we found this fun "Pun House".

xu8hgPZ.png

It's just a silly place to visit.

Finally, with that done, we decided to find the gym leader. We ended up running into him, and it was even a familiar face.

dZOP3OC.png

It was time for a battle!

Spoiler

Cts8aqK.png

The battle begins with Lieutenant picking up the Counter KO.

C3syxzM.png

Lieutenant picks up a Mirror Coat KO. However, Sludge Bomb also poisons him, getting him KOd in the process.

XBabFpF.png

Tentacruel sets up a Barrier while Tad lands Hypnosis. He switches out for Krueger (Zangoose).

yGZ8dYB.png

Krueger gets to +4 with Swords Dance, KOing with Slash.

ayM74V3.png

OUTTA

GCyM4EW.png

MY

zVkTuVb.png

FACE!

SHpFFDh.png

It helps to have a starter with Immunity on your team!

After our victory, we were gifted with an Ultra Beast!

BPJcpm5.png

We were told that Crolea was celebrating her seventeenth birthday, with us being invited to her party. After that...

...we were told we reached the end of Episode 4?

I'm confused, as I thought the front page said it went up to the 14th badge. Having said that, I might just be misreading that (I did misunderstand Peach's position, after all). Regardless, here are my thoughts so far. It's the antithesis of Full Moon. Unlike that game, the maps are not as well designed. Having said that, I could ultimately care less. Why? Because the world is more believable here. The characters are so fun to talk with, the Sea Stars, while disappointing (only in my eyes, I know how hard they are to sprite), are still quite charming, and the fights are much more fun. This game is also more balanced (even if I think having Pheromosa early is a mistake, but that's more or less a preference of mine). The story is also way better. It reminds me a bit of generation one's open world aspect, despite the game being quite linear. It's a vacation, and it feels like we're sightseeing throughout the adventure, rather than being robbed of our own personal experiences due to plot (cough cough GEN 5 cough cough).

I can't wait to play this game again, and honestly, bravo to @CynTheSylveon for making this awesome game! Unlike Full Moon, I'm definitely continuing this game when it updates again! Here's the team until then!

Current Team

Spoiler

GfRPtRo.png

I'm not changing this team whatsoever. I love all of them so much!

Edited by Filthy Casual

• Global Mods

I'm glad you enjoyed the game! It's always interesting to see someone play through and give their thoughts.

The main page actually says 12th gym. It's possible you mixed it up with the "Future Episode Progress" section? Episode 5, which will go to the 14th gym, is finished aside from sprites. 

Pyukumuku can have two abilities: Innards Out and Unaware.