Orasha

Pick My Theme  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What Theme Run Should I do?

• Slaanesh Theme
    • Nurgle Theme
    • Ninja Theme

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/02/17 at 12:50 AM

So after playing through Reborn a couple times, I decided I should check out other fan games, and that it would make sense to start with Rejuvination. I mean, it's right here! And as I started playing, I quickly became overwhelmed by the sheer amount of Pokemon available at the start. That's... a problem I have in most Pokemon games, really. I get so caught up in what Pokemon I want to use and trying to catch things that I kinda stress myself out. It's weird. So I figured, what better way to alleviate that stress then by doing some sort of themed run? 

That's where you come in. I have ideas. Lots of ideas. Altogether too many ideas of some interesting themes. Not all of them are super viable or could even get a full team for a while, so I narrowed it down to three options: 

• Slaanesh Theme: The Chaos God of hedonism and excess, a Slaanesh theme would basically be similar to @Mechathulhu's Ladylocke theme for Reborn but with extra steps. Any Pokemon that is vaguely feminine or could be weirdly sexualized (especially by the internet) is fair game here. Aside from all female species, Gardevoir and Lopunny are shoe-ins. 
  • Nurgle Theme: Nurgle is the Chaos God of decay, disease, and sloth. He's also surprisingly nice, like Santa if every day was Christmas and all your presents were plagues. Basically a Poison Monotype with add-ons like Slaking, Snorlax, Slowbro, Parasect, Shiinotic, and many others. 
  • Ninja Theme: You might have expected Khorne or Tzeentch here, but I don't think they'd offer as interesting and varied a selection of Pokemon. Instead, the Ninja theme is largely a Poison run, with some restrictions and a little bit more leeway. Basically, if Janine, Koga, or the Ninja Boy trainer class ever used it, or if its ninja-y enough, its in. 

And that's basically it. I had a few other ideas (a corrosive field run, a desert run, some sort of chess theme, a halloween theme, extraterrestrial pokemon, etc.), but none of them could really give me a full team by the time I got to Venam. It goes without saying that I'll be documenting this run (likely with screenshots and stuff), and it'll be pretty blind so you'll have to excuse me :D But I'm looking forward to it :) 

Edited by Orasha

4 minutes ago, Orasha said:

Any Pokemon that is vaguely feminine or could be weirdly sexualized (especially by the internet) is fair game here.

so pretty much every pokémon ever? the internet is a scary place

Jokes aside I think a Slaanesh run could be fun based on how you describe it. The others just sound like modified Poison runs.

If you go in that direction I'll make sure to follow your adventures :) 

6 hours ago, Alistair said:

so pretty much every pokémon ever? the internet is a scary place

Jokes aside I think a Slaanesh run could be fun based on how you describe it. The others just sound like modified Poison runs.

If you go in that direction I'll make sure to follow your adventures :) 

I suppose going by rule 34 that any Pokemon is available :D 

You totally got me on the modified Poison run thing. It's my favorite type but I'm a little burned out on monotypes for now ^^' 

4 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

Guess Salazzle will be good for any of the 3 runs?

Salazzle is probably ninja-y enough, but she's probably too sensuous for Nurgle. Salazzle definitely fits Slaanesh though :D  I guess describing Nurgle as "poison with add-ons" is a little too broad, cause Salazzle doesn't really fit his theme. Oops. 

5 hours ago, St0mpa said:

Khorne and Tzeentch are my 2 favorite gods but as they don't make very good teams Nurgle is the next best.

It's a shame Khorne's portfolio is so broad, since a lot of Pokemon focus on fighting honorably and being powered by rage :D And unfortunately Tzeentch would mostly just like... psychic types. And some bird Pokemon :D 

Alright so it looks like there's a tie, but I'm antsy and want to start playing, so I guess I'll go with the Slaanesh theme because Alistair talked about it in the comments and no one really commented about the Ninja theme. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'll see everyone a bit later! I'm not sure how I'm going to structure the playthrough yet but rest assured it'll be here eventually :D 

Oh sweet! A run to closely resemble the Ladylocke! Given that it's a Rejuvination playthrough I have practically no knowledge of this game, but I shall follow it all the same. I'm sure there will be many more Pokemon available with this theme as well. I found myself surprised that a fair bit of the more ladylike Pokemon had essentially been victims of circumstance in being an exception to the 100% Female rule that might as well could have been. I'm looking forward to experiencing Rejuvination completely for the first time with this. Best of luck@Orasha!

1 hour ago, Mechathulhu said:

Oh sweet! A run to closely resemble the Ladylocke! Given that it's a Rejuvination playthrough I have practically no knowledge of this game, but I shall follow it all the same. I'm sure there will be many more Pokemon available with this theme as well. I found myself surprised that a fair bit of the more ladylike Pokemon had essentially been victims of circumstance in being an exception to the 100% Female rule that might as well could have been. I'm looking forward to experiencing Rejuvination completely for the first time with this. Best of luck@Orasha!

I don't really have knowledge of the game either, so it'll be fun for both of us :D There are a surprising amount of oddly sexualized Pokemon that can be both genders, and I'm kinda hoping to get a male Buneary and Ralts (I don't think I'll use Gallade, but it would still be fun), among other things. That's up to the RNGesus though. And thanks! I'll probably need it :D