Jess' mono-Delta run of Pokemon Insurgence (in Hard mode)! [Latest Defeated Leader: Xavier]

Jess

19 minutes ago, Sceptilespy said:

So I guess this run is discontinued? Along with your gundamn tanaka run? That's a shame, but at least tell us. 

Or maybe I missed and announcement, idk.

I'm pretty sure that they're going to play through the whole game (both) and then update once they are done.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/28/2017 at 5:51 AM, Sceptilespy said:

So I guess this run is discontinued? Along with your gundamn tanaka run? That's a shame, but at least tell us. 

Or maybe I missed and announcement, idk.

I have said actually that I would finish both runs, then keep updating. But regardless, I don't feel it's my obligation to inform anyone about anything. I do it for fun, it's not my job to update on a regular basis.

I will just update when I have time and feel like it.

8 minutes ago, Jess said:

I have said actually that I would finish both runs, then keep updating. But regardless, I don't feel it's my obligation to inform anyone about anything. I do it for fun, it's not my job to update on a regular basis.

Hey. I can wait. I enjoy rereading what you have updated so far and can't wait to see what you update in the future. Near or far. :D

18 hours ago, Jess said:

Never said it's your obligation. I'm just saying people like this series and people like myself aren't always checking your profile for updates. I just think an announcement would be nice. It takes no more then 30 seconds to do, but then again, you do have no obligation so I guess my point is void. Whatever, have fun I suppose, even though from the looks of it, you don't really like Insurgence (deducing this from the limited conversation we've had together discussing insurgence)

8 hours ago, Sceptilespy said:

Never said it's your obligation. I'm just saying people like this series and people like myself aren't always checking your profile for updates. I just think an announcement would be nice. It takes no more then 30 seconds to do, but then again, you do have no obligation so I guess my point is void. Whatever, have fun I suppose, even though from the looks of it, you don't really like Insurgence (deducing this from the limited conversation we've had together discussing insurgence)

My point stands in that I had a lot of fun played Insurgence. I am so used to Reborn/Intense Rejuvenation difficulty that most of the battles were too easy, but the story was cool and (if I dare say) closer to the simplicity of the canon games.

It is undoubtedly one of the best fan-games in my list, topped by Reborn, Rejuvenation, Desolation and Apex that are closer to my way of thinking, which is making "weaker" pokemon shine.

I am not a fan of involving legendaries in the plot early on to create a "cheap" feeling of difficulty, and this is what Insurgence does.

When it comes to bugs, this is 100% deriving from the fact that the last update was far too big to control, alpha/beta and monitor properly without a huge team of testers and developers.

However, rudeness is not tolerated. Their community isn't exactly practising tolerance and polite guidance towards newcomers, and there is the sense of arrogance in the air. It can easily be found on posts of mods, devs or suze himself occasionally. So, I will always say a good word about the game story-wise, let people know about the bugs they might encounter and advise them not to waste their time on interacting with Insurgence forums at all.

(Copied and pasted from a conv where I said it again.)

http://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/profile/49175-wolfox/&status=112330&type=status

Guys i have to agree with Jess. It's their decision when to continue this run. I too liked and i still like this run and i hope it will be updated me too. But i will wait as i did before ;). When Jess wants to go on with her run, i wil be happy to continue following this run again :D