Jackpot Starters Bugged?

RegiaBellator

Hi!

I recently started this amazing game for the first time. I was blown away by the music and the starting sequence with the boat but then I got to the starter selection.

I am in V 9.2 as it is shown on my home screen. I am getting 7th gen starters from the random starter machine so the patch is installed correctly.

I think the random starter machine is a really cool addition but there is one issue. I want a Riolu as my starter. Now that I am aware that Riolu is a possible starter I really want to get one but I have spent over 2.5 hours soft resetting at the machine now with no luck. I haven't even gotten a single jackpot starter let alone a Riolu. 

Adding some rare pokemon to the machine was a good idea initially but making them a %1> was a massive mistake. I want to get into this awesome game but without the starter I want I wont play it becuase it will feel like a wasted experience. Jackpots should be a 2% or 3% chance or even an equal chance with the other normal starters. 1/25 is perfectly fine. 

Is there somewhere later on in the game where I can catch a Riolu? If so Ill settle on a normal starter and start the game. If not I'm SoL.

I am surprised so many people are complaining about jackpot starters.It's there only for fun.One might have used many starters so cannot decide.Ok, let luck decide it.Now people are wasting many hours to get one pokemon.

To answer your question,you can only get riolu from jackpot.You cannot get riolu later in the current version.

You can also get pure power medicham.

Also when this game is completed,every pokemon will be available in game. 

the jackpot starters are not and have never been something to focus on, and to miss a game such as rejuvenation because "the starter I want is too rare" is a very bad excuse. they're there for fun and for some people who wanna feel lucky. their title of Jackpot Starters should already explain why they are as rare as they are.

8 hours ago, Wolfox said:

the jackpot starters are not and have never been something to focus on, and to miss a game such as rejuvenation because "the starter I want is too rare" is a very bad excuse. they're there for fun and for some people who wanna feel lucky. their title of Jackpot Starters should already explain why they are as rare as they are.

If my play through could be with my favorite pokemon I am going to go for it every time. Otherwise then entire time I am playing I will be thinking "Yeah, this is cool, but I wish I had gotten Riolu." I don't want to regret my play through. That is a sour experience and I want to experience this game in the best way possible for me. Saying that it is "a bad excuse" to want to play a game with my favorite starter is pompous and insensitive. 

8 hours ago, Yagami said:

I am surprised so many people are complaining about jackpot starters.It's there only for fun.One might have used many starters so cannot decide.Ok, let luck decide it.Now people are wasting many hours to get one pokemon.

To answer your question,you can only get riolu from jackpot.You cannot get riolu later in the current version.

You can also get pure power medicham.

Also when this game is completed,every pokemon will be available in game. 

I guess I will wait for the full release or keep on grinding for the Jackpot Riolu. 

14 minutes ago, RegiaBellator said:

If my play through could be with my favorite pokemon I am going to go for it every time. Otherwise then entire time I am playing I will be thinking "Yeah, this is cool, but I wish I had gotten Riolu." I don't want to regret my play through. That is a sour experience and I want to experience this game in the best way possible for me. Saying that it is "a bad excuse" to want to play a game with my favorite starter is pompous and insensitive. 

In that sense,I want a gible.

Just start playing the game.Believe me when I tell you this.When you finish this game,you are going to enjoy it not because of your starter but because of the plot,many interesting characters,lots of sidequests and an actual challenge.

You haven't yet started playing but you have already made an account and arguing with somebody why you need a riolu.

7 hours ago, Yagami said:

In that sense,I want a gible.

Just start playing the game.Believe me when I tell you this.When you finish this game,you are going to enjoy it not because of your starter but because of the plot,many interesting characters,lots of sidequests and an actual challenge.

You haven't yet started playing but you have already made an account and arguing with somebody why you need a riolu.

Gible isn't in the game yet though. So you KNOW that you cannot get it as a starter or otherwise. There isn't a feeling of "Could have been" Riolu IS therefore there IS a negative effect to be had when I can't use it just because of bad RNG. Also, I wasn't arguing that I need a Riolu I made this thread to see if the machine was bugged because of the unusually bad RNG I am getting. Instead of people talking about it I get attacked and chastised for wanting to use my favorite pokemon as a starter so that I dont have any regrets playing through the game.

7 hours ago, Zargerth said:

The jackpot starters are rare for a reason. In my opinion they are more powerful than (most of) the traditional starters. I don't know if you already knew this, but you can press alt to increase the game speed. 

Yeah. I have been using the triple speed toggle. My game crashes every 7th soft reset so I have been using it to tally my attempts. So far I have soft reset the game around 330 times without getting a single Jackpot. That's why I was wondering if I had encountered a bug. I read on some other forums that most people found a jackpot starter in about 30 minutes. I am at almost 4 hours now and nothing. :/

7 minutes ago, RegiaBellator said:

Yeah. I have been using the triple speed toggle. My game crashes every 7th soft reset so I have been using it to tally my attempts. So far I have soft reset the game around 330 times without getting a single Jackpot. That's why I was wondering if I had encountered a bug. I read on some other forums that most people found a jackpot starter in about 30 minutes. I am at almost 4 hours now and nothing. :/

You just might be really unlucky, I remember that it once took me 5 hours to get a jackpot starter. If you want to speed up the process you can download cheat engine and use it to speed up the game times 5. With cheat engine your game won't crash unless you put it at x10 speed.

5 minutes ago, RegiaBellator said:

For future reference, double-posting as in posting several times without anyone else's posts in between is against the rules, so refrain from doing that. You can use the Edit button and MultiQuote (the + button next to Quote) so you can answer to several people with a single post.

I'd say your game isn't bugged. When Axew was a starter - now replaced with Jangmo-o - I spent several ours resetting as well. Since there is no online for Rejuvenation, your other alternative to obtain Riolu is to use mods or cheats or something of the sort. For Reborn there's "Request-a-mon" -thread which people use for getting the Pokemon they want. The point is that wanting to use a certain / your favorite mon is what people do on a regular basis. It's not "a bad excuse" so don't give it much thought. The fact of the matter is, however, that doing so in Rejuvenation requires much more effort and luck on your (the players) part.

18 minutes ago, Zargerth said:

For future reference, double-posting as in posting several times without anyone else's posts in between is against the rules, so refrain from doing that. You can use the Edit button and MultiQuote (the + button next to Quote) so you can answer to several people with a single post.

I'd say your game isn't bugged. When Axew was a starter - now replaced with Jangmo-o - I spent several ours resetting as well. Since there is no online for Rejuvenation, your other alternative to obtain Riolu is to use mods or cheats or something of the sort. For Reborn there's "Request-a-mon" -thread which people use for getting the Pokemon they want. The point is that wanting to use a certain / your favorite mon is what people do on a regular basis. It's not "a bad excuse" so don't give it much thought. The fact of the matter is, however, that doing so in Rejuvenation requires much more effort and luck on your (the players) part.

Oh. My bad. I don't really use forums for anything ever so I'm not sure how they work. It took me a few minutes to realize that quotes were actually the reply button. Thanks for the heads up. I guess I will just keep grinding. 

24 minutes ago, DarkRings said:

You just might be really unlucky, I remember that it once took me 5 hours to get a jackpot starter. If you want to speed up the process you can download cheat engine and use it to speed up the game times 5. With cheat engine your game won't crash unless you put it at x10 speed.

I might try that. The last cheat engine I used was for Dark Souls 1 so I might have to brush up. I'd rather just cheat in the Riolu as I don't really agree with putting RNG on something as important as picking a starter. It is the biggest decision of a trainer's journey after all. Do you recommend any specific engine?

2 hours ago, RegiaBellator said:

then the option is simple. put up with it without complaining. I went through it to get my Ralts, it takes some time but that makes sense because the mons are stronger, insensitive or not, it's the truth, and the truth hurts. nowhere does it say that you need a certain mon to play the game.if you want riolu, be my guest but don't complain that it's too rare, since that's the whole damn point in the jackpot starters

32 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

then the option is simple. put up with it without complaining. I went through it to get my Ralts, it takes some time but that makes sense because the mons are stronger, insensitive or not, it's the truth, and the truth hurts. nowhere does it say that you need a certain mon to play the game.if you want riolu, be my guest but don't complain that it's too rare, since that's the whole damn point in the jackpot starters

Again, if you would open your pretentious condescending eyes you might read the thread title. The thread was a question on weather the Machine was bugged. 

@OP
If you're really THAT hell bent on getting a Riolu, I can share with you 2 save files:
Riolu.rxdata
Riolu2.rxdata

Just change the name of those files to Game.rxdata and put them in your Saved Games --> Pokemon Rejuvenation. Idk if it's somehow possible to still change your trainer name, but probably there are ways to work around that.

1 hour ago, Zargerth said:

The jackpot starters are rare for a reason. In my opinion they are more powerful than (most of) the traditional starters. I don't know if you already knew this, but you can press alt to increase the game speed. 

I disagree with you though.

Jangmo-o/Eevee/Ralts are pretty useless before their (final) evolution and you can even get the latter two later on in the game.

38 minutes ago, TharTV said:

@OP
If you're really THAT hell bent on getting a Riolu, I can share with you 2 save files:
Riolu.rxdata
Riolu2.rxdata

Just change the name of those files to Game.rxdata and put them in your Saved Games --> Pokemon Rejuvenation. Idk if it's somehow possible to still change your trainer name, but probably there are ways to work around that.

I disagree with you though.

Jangmo-o/Eevee/Ralts are pretty useless before their (final) evolution and you can even get the latter two later on in the game.

I didn't know people as amazing as you even existed. Thank you so much.

GondolaThink.jpg

• Global Mods

@Wolfox

@RegiaBellator

Both of you are being hostile in your conversation. 

Wolfox, it's true that jackpot starters are intended to be rare, but the way you expressed what you were saying made it sound like you were criticizing the way the OP wanted to play the game. 

RegiaBellator, calling someone pretentious and condescending is out of line. I know you said you don't use forums much and weren't aware of the rules, so here's a link. The part to keep in mind relating to this conversation is this:

"-1. Be respectful
This broad rule is the crux of our community.
This includes listening to staff, practicing courtesy to others, and working to accept and understand other points of view."

If you're having an issue with another member, the correct course of action isn't to respond in a way that could make the issue bigger. In a situation like this, I'd say the first course of action might be asking the other member to tone it down a bit, and if that doesn't work, to report it to the mods. There's a report post option to the top right of forum posts. 

The conversation seems to have ended, but this is a note for the future.