Next version previews

Chrixai

So the next version, what do you guys expect it to be about? Since it's titled "because I love you" do you think it could be about Melia? The short previews of version 10 mentioned how this person felt useless, or how they couldn't protect those they loved it could be about Melia.

These are my thoughts on who or what the next version may be about:

1. Melia after Venam turned to stone (Whyyy???) :'(

2. Could be about the protagonist where somehow they learn about their mothers existance or something close to this.

3. Huey who may be worried about Lavender's recovery.

These are my thoughts what are yours?

Edited by SukaiChris

@SukaiChris i feel like it wouldn't be about melia because of the way the v9 preview was presented cuz i thought that melia was speaking about kanon in the v9 preview even though later we found out that it was lavender talking about talon and plus we already saw how melia felt about venam's well stone predicament and i don't think it would be about our mother's existence maybe her creation but then again why would it about our mother also the dialogue said that we are suffering because of said uselessness but why would we be suffering over our mother's death when it already long and done with; i think our safest bet is to assume its about huey and lavender or his sister rune 

1 hour ago, SukaiChris said:

So the next version, what do you guys expect it to be about? Since it's titled "because I love you" do you think it could be about Melia? The short previews of version 10 mentioned how this person felt useless, or how they couldn't protect those they loved it could be about Melia.

These are my thoughts on who or what the next version may be about:

1. Melia after Venam turned to stone (Whyyy???) :'(

2. Could be about the protagonist where somehow they learn about their mothers existance or something close to this.

3. Huey who may be worried about Lavender's recovery.

These are my thoughts what are yours?

I will sum up what you just said into what I think.

1. You have a point. Melia would be DEVASTATED since the protagonist and Venam are her only thing CLOSE to family

2. That would be PURE fucked up Madame X's (HATE HER WITH EVERY FIRE IN MY SOUL) is long and I am 50% sure X stabbed Nancy's brain.

3. I think Lavender saw Venam get turned to stone. I will pay ANYONE shiny perfect EVs/IVs and perfect moveset of a Snivy IF someone proves that Madame X ain't the one that is turning people to stone with Oblivion Wing.

I personally feel like it's Melia. From what we've seen, Melia is extremely unconfident and doubtful in her abilities, so having one of the closest people in her life get essentially killed would really give her a huge whiplash (aside from Jenner, but seeing how Melia hated Jenner up until his sacrifice her perspective would be a bit different). Not only that, but she would see it as her own fault as she's the one that brought the group to Grand Dream City.

In fact, I really hope it was Melia. She's a main character, but we really don't know too much about her, so I'm hoping the next version would showcase more of her personality and more character development. It would do wonders for her character ^^

Protagonist would be cool, but they don't speak :P. Maybe it would be someone that's mocking them in a dream or something instead.

Huey isn't the one I thought of immediately, but that makes sense too. It's also a likely possibility since he's going to get more showcase in the plot later on, probably due to the whole Rune thing.

Speaking of Rune... this is a completely irrelevant thing to the post so I'll put it in a spoiler tab below, so you can check it out if you choose to.

Spoiler

So something interesting I thought of was the identity of Rune. It would just seem so awkward for Rune to be a completely brand new character with no context, so I feel like she's one that we've met before. Multiple times in fact. In fact, a very specific red-haired, red-eyed, Team Xen admin Madelis :P

Madelis has been getting a ton of attention in this version, which is absolutely awesome in my opinion. We've seen more of her personality, traits, and character relationships with others. From what we know, she has some type of connection to Cassandra, the mayor of Grand Dream City.

What I think is that Rune either ditched Huey and ran away to join Team Xen and renamed herself as Madelis... or she was brainwashed. There's definitely some funky brainwashing thing going on in Grand Dream--it's what happened to Valerie. Valerie's memory, personality, and even appearance was wiped. So it wouldn't be a stretch for that to have happened to Rune.

There is a problem with my little theory though, and that's Flora. She's said to have been friends with Rune, and it's suspected that she has something to do with the disappearance since she won't talk. In her journal entry, she broke into a Team Xen base to steal Rift Matter, so she has no real connection to Team Xen, which wouldn't make too much sense going by my own theory.

But that's just my two cents ;) 

Or... it's another new character talking in the preview. GOD NO

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, parcent said:

Speaking of Rune... this is a completely irrelevant thing to the post so I'll put it in a spoiler tab below, so you can check it out if you choose to.

Hide contents

So something interesting I thought of was the identity of Rune. It would just seem so awkward for Rune to be a completely brand new character with no context, so I feel like she's one that we've met before. Multiple times in fact. In fact, a very specific red-haired, red-eyed, Team Xen admin Madelis :P

Madelis has been getting a ton of attention in this version, which is absolutely awesome in my opinion. We've seen more of her personality, traits, and character relationships with others. From what we know, she has some type of connection to Cassandra, the mayor of Grand Dream City.

What I think is that Rune either ditched Huey and ran away to join Team Xen and renamed herself as Madelis... or she was brainwashed. There's definitely some funky brainwashing thing going on in Grand Dream--it's what happened to Valerie. Valerie's memory, personality, and even appearance was wiped. So it wouldn't be a stretch for that to have happened to Rune.

There is a problem with my little theory though, and that's Flora. She's said to have been friends with Rune, and it's suspected that she has something to do with the disappearance since she won't talk. In her journal entry, she broke into a Team Xen base to steal Rift Matter, so she has no real connection to Team Xen, which wouldn't make too much sense going by my own theory.

Spoiler

To be fair, Quite a few brand new characters have been introduced in GDC. I don't remember if there was something that disproved this or not, but I remember thinking as I was playing V9 that maybe Rune is the other Bladestar leader? It was said that Flora was "co-leader" so it would make sense with the whole flora knowing something but not talking. Unknown if she's just off running some big bladestar project somewhere else (badlands?) or if something bad happened to her during bladestar operations (maybe they exposed something to do with the city administration and team Xen, and had to be dealt with?)

3 hours ago, Sapphire Mahala said:

@SukaiChris i feel like it wouldn't be about melia because of the way the v9 preview was presented cuz i thought that melia was speaking about kanon in the v9 preview even though later we found out that it was lavender talking about talon and plus we already saw how melia felt about venam's well stone predicament and i don't think it would be about our mother's existence maybe her creation but then again why would it about our mother also the dialogue said that we are suffering because of said uselessness but why would we be suffering over our mother's death when it already long and done with; i think our safest bet is to assume its about huey and lavender or his sister rune 

I didn't take Rune into consideration but that would make sense. And I don't really mean the protagonist mother like Nancy I meant like what if it's either a dream or maybe the realization of our mother who may or may not be Nancy. Not entirely sure. I keep thinking it's Cresent because she knows alot about us and our potential (can't wait to know what that is honestly)

3 hours ago, Damien said:

I will sum up what you just said into what I think.

1. You have a point. Melia would be DEVASTATED since the protagonist and Venam are her only thing CLOSE to family

2. That would be PURE fucked up Madame X's (HATE HER WITH EVERY FIRE IN MY SOUL) is long and I am 50% sure X stabbed Nancy's brain.

3. I think Lavender saw Venam get turned to stone. I will pay ANYONE shiny perfect EVs/IVs and perfect moveset of a Snivy IF someone proves that Madame X ain't the one that is turning people to stone with Oblivion Wing.

I think she stabbed her chest not so much her brain and yes I agree with the 3rd thought which maybe true but I also want to know why she was injured. Also I would love a Snivy with perfect EV/IVs lol. 

2 hours ago, parcent said:

I personally feel like it's Melia. From what we've seen, Melia is extremely unconfident and doubtful in her abilities, so having one of the closest people in her life get essentially killed would really give her a huge whiplash (aside from Jenner, but seeing how Melia hated Jenner up until his sacrifice her perspective would be a bit different). Not only that, but she would see it as her own fault as she's the one that brought the group to Grand Dream City.

In fact, I really hope it was Melia. She's a main character, but we really don't know too much about her, so I'm hoping the next version would showcase more of her personality and more character development. It would do wonders for her character ^^

Protagonist would be cool, but they don't speak :P. Maybe it would be someone that's mocking them in a dream or something instead.

Huey isn't the one I thought of immediately, but that makes sense too. It's also a likely possibility since he's going to get more showcase in the plot later on, probably due to the whole Rune thing.

Reveal hidden contents

Or... it's another new character talking in the preview. GOD NO

I agree it may be Melia that was my first thought. I am not sure if she is a team xen member, but she might be a bladestar member since she and Flora are childhood friends.

Edited by SukaiChris

These are all really nice theories. But idk about Madame X turning people to stone, seeing as her role in the "puzzle" is much larger then ours, so I doubt she has time or the interest to turn people to stone via an attack like Oblivion wing. Also, please remember, Yveltal is huge, and Oblivion wing is a very destructive move. Sooo, I doubt it. But I do think a pokemon is at fault here. So let's go over some possibilities: 

Spoiler

A Dimensional Rift Psychic type Pokemon: Mewtwo and Mew clashing turned Ash to stone. And they had a Mewtwo originally. I don't think it's to wild to assume they have to resources to make like, a mega shadow dimensional rift alakazam. 

Ghost types, presumably ones that steal your soul: After Shedinja lost it's soul, it because completely stationary. But remember, shedinja used to be a rock bug pokemon, so it might've had some type of resistance to it's soul being lost. But it's still stationary, kinda like a rock. But since Humans don't have that kind of resistance, they just got turned into stone. It's not to unlikely, considering we died and Madame X somehow recovered our, ..., something. Which brings me to the next Pokemon.

Yveltal: Now I know I said it's unlikely, but it's still a possibility. Not to mention, doesn't Team Xen want the energy from humans? Stealing their souls would be a good power source. What if Madame X has a soul stone of her own? Maybe it's being used to power something, or maybe break something, like the seal on Spiritomb. Maybe break in to the Distortion world or Dream World? Maybe into heaven? I don't think the heaven thing is to unlikely considering we saw the V10 preview in which someone weapon from the skies gives the player a fat game over. If Madame X somehow found a way into heaven, then what exactly could we do? We gave our Soul stone away if I remember correctly, not to mention, we haven't been collecting souls in our soul stone for some reason. 

Claydol: Ok, so maybe they're not being turned to stone. What if, Team Xen just wants to create confusion so they can work on their grand scheme, when in reality, the bodies are being swapped with statues somehow. Maybe a Dimensional Rift, wait for it, CLAYdol. Wait, let me say that again. clayDOLL? I mean, It's a psychic type, so it could probably make things teleport. It can also probably construct statues by using it's psychic and ground type powers to it's advantage. Claydol is also a really good way to watch over the city with all of it's eyes. In fact, Claydol is just a REALLY good pokemon to make stronger lol. 

Dimensional Rift Hydreigon: It's heads kinda look like Snakes. Medusa turns people to stone. Medusa has snakes on her head. See the correlation? I mean, it's possible. It could also get a really cool ability that paralyzes pokemon that make contact. But this is a 100% chance. Or it could paralyze pokemon upon the pokemon switching in. So if you don't have a pokemon immune to electric, your entire team is paralyzed.

Rock Psychic/Ghost Pokemon:

Please don't make me explain this.

3 hours ago, Sceptilespy said:

Dimensional Rift Hydreigon: It's heads kinda look like Snakes. Medusa turns people to stone. Medusa has snakes on her head. See the correlation? I mean, it's possible. It could also get a really cool ability that paralyzes pokemon that make contact. But this is a 100% chance. Or it could paralyze pokemon upon the pokemon switching in. So if you don't have a pokemon immune to electric, your entire team is paralyzed.

Rock Psychic/Ghost Pokemon:

Please don't make me explain this

Man, I really want a Dimensional Hydreigon now. I wouldn't mind any of your guesses to be correct though--they're all great.