New Lycanroc form

Verlanto

hello guys i want say whats your opinion about this new lycanroc form is it good bad? 

And i want to ask jan and the rejuvenation team when you will put in into the game in episode 10 together with the ulta sun and moon changes or in a different patch;

i ask this bc i like it and i want this new form

I love the new Lycanroc form, I just hope it will be fun to use :D

I'm not too hot on the color scheme, but I guess that's what shiny hunting is for. And maybe this will lead to a Lycanron Dawn form as well? Evolving them by Dawk or Dusk stone?

5 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

I love the new Lycanroc form, I just hope it will be fun to use :D

I'm not too hot on the color scheme, but I guess that's what shiny hunting is for. And maybe this will lead to a Lycanron Dawn form as well? Evolving them by Dawk or Dusk stone?

idk about the stones but idk ether if is gonna be hard to patch this evolution bc he needs specifit time to evolve prob as we see is when is dusk and in game dusk is 8-9 pm right?

you have a point, I guess we gotta wait for game-freak to explain it! in any case, it's rare for me to use the same mon thrice during one gen, as I like to use new mons each time. but since Lycanroc has 3 forms, it's forgivable ;)

it just looks to me like recolored midday lycanroc. though I cant say much about it, stats and movepool and everything are probably going to change, so I dunno. though ive never been too big on lycanroc either way.

im guessing that theres also going to be a dawn form eventually. it would make sense. and thats probably going to be midnight form with midday coloring or something.

also, wouldnt pokemon fan club be a better place for this topic since its basically discussing lycanroc?

3 minutes ago, Bibs said:

it just looks to me like recolored midday lycanroc. though I cant say much about it, stats and movepool and everything are probably going to change, so I dunno. though ive never been too big on lycanroc either way.

im guessing that theres also going to be a dawn form eventually. it would make sense. and thats probably going to be midnight form with midday coloring or something.

also, wouldnt pokemon fan club be a better place for this topic since its basically discussing lycanroc?

well im not rly experience with this new forum im working and i dont have much time been here and bc i know this place i make it here.should i make a new post there but is gonna be double post and is against the rules so idk :( 

Dusk-Form - Crossbreed BETWEEN Midday-form (four-legged posture) and Midnight-Form ("edge-Lord" hair)

"Dusk" time of the setting sun - The time BETWEEN day and night. (or when day becomes night)

Picture show Dusk-form during sunset battles, Midday form was first revelaled with Day-time pictures, while midnight form was revealed with night pictures.

Just evolve it during sunset instead of Day or Night... easy deduction. Case Closed!

---

If there would be a Dawn-form (which I actually don't think there will be) it would be the opposite in design, on two legs without the edge-lord hair...

@mde2001 my friend would you mind moving this to pokemon fan club? thanks very much bud.

@Cepheus that is possibly how its gonna work in upcoming games, however, not in ultra sun and ultra moon. since in sun and moon, the time didnt really change and you were locked into midday and midnight forms respectively. theres speculation that the dusk form is going to be event-only, and honestly, im inclined to believe that to be the most likely of all.

also, apparently 'the pokemon global link lists lycanroc as having four forms in its internal data', so a dawn form isnt unlikely either. that kind of debunks the event-only theory, though.

Wait... that's a new form? l thought it was jsut like... a colour-swap on the shiny. lt's jsut... orange Midday... l'm not really sure why l should care. lt's like...lt's so barely different how is it a new form?

Guess they'll change some aspect of 
it but like design-wise this is suuuuuuuuuuch a huge miss for me. This is so laaaaaaaaazy. l expect better tbh.

8 minutes ago, Hukuna the Undying said:

Wait... that's a new form? l thought it was jsut like... a colour-swap on the shiny. lt's jsut... orange Midday... l'm not really sure why l should care. lt's like...lt's so barely different how is it a new form?

Guess they'll change some aspect of 
it but like design-wise this is suuuuuuuuuuch a huge miss for me. This is so laaaaaaaaazy. l expect better tbh.

i dont think it was a lazy idea first dusk mean day is gonna end and night comes so i think is a merge of day and night form and bc this time it's day to night he get more from the day form and some of the night form and prob the dawn form is gonna get more from the night form and some for the day form

l mean it looks pretty much exactly like Midday. lt's so barely different that clever concept doesn't come across at all. Like l get what Dusk is and l get they are combining the two just doesn't look like it really one iota. The concept is suuuuuper poorly executed. Visually it's a super lazy design, as it's really just a shiny that's apparently a whole other form. l know it apparently has the hair from Midnight but it really doesn't look like it does cause it doesn't read like that at all, it just reads the same as Midday. And if the Dawn form is a similar just recolour with very minimal changes... that's be extremely disappointing as well.

The idea/concept isn't what's lazy. lt's the implementation of said idea. This was the laziest way possible to visualize this. lt's 98.9% Midday form who's a different colour, 1.1% Midnight. lt should be more pronounced if it's truly a combo of the two. As is... midnight form barely even readable... lt's just barely present in the design at all.

eh, even if the design is not the best, it doesn't mean the idea was poorly executed. the fact of the matter is, we can hate and rant about how bad it is all we want, it's not gonna change the way it looks. And if nothing else let's look at the positives: Lycanroc Midday had a nice and cool design, so maybe Nintendo wanted to make this form resemble it with some changes that might make it look nicer? And let's not forget that this is not the first "lazy" Pokemon design wise. Maybe it just needs to grow on us some more~

thats true and i agree with you but i like it and i cant wait if he gets something special like new ability or new moves(and maybe new type not only pure rock?) if he get the same moves and abilities with midday form i will be rly sad and mad bc whats the point of new pokemon if he has the same ability moves

Edited by valantisthanasoulis

I actually thought lycanroc midday had a garbage design. I liked midnight somewhat, but I found midday REALLY bland. but thats opinions, I guess.

also, above post is right. if this new lycanroc is just a clone of midday, I will actually flip shit.

Midday was supposed to resemble a regular wolf where Midnight resembles a Werewolf, the concept and both forms I love personally. And for the bland design, there are more bland mons, not every Mon can look as badass as Garchomp, sometimes we have the ones like midday and Seal...

as I said, its but an opinion for me. I dont necessarily dislike blander designs, but lycanroc just never particularly appealed to me.

heck, theres a good enough amount of blander pokemon that appeal to me (ursaring, growlithe, friggin bidoof to name a few), but ive just never felt it with lycanroc. again, opinion.

(ps. I dont even like garchomp that much dont worry)

Yeah... As far as designs go, I think this looks pretty lazy. Now I'm starting to wonder if all the "new" Pokemon they're going to be adding are going to be designed with such flair, or this was just the really bad one they leaked so they could get it out of the way.

Though I was never hyped for the Ultra games, so this only furthers my uninterest in them.