Suggestion to the Rejuvenation Devs

Remove the Jackpot Pokemon. Now hear me out here, it's a cool concept and the random lottery system is cool, but most people who use it are not using it the way you want them to. While I'm sure plenty of people just use the machine once and are done, many if not most people are soft resetting for hours and hours trying to get a jackpot Pokemon before they give up or are given a small reward for their time spent doing a repetitive and annoying task. I would be fine with it if the jackpot Pokemon were available later in the game, and some are, but not all of them. Riolu, the Pokemon I've been trying to get through the lotto system, is apparently unobtainable later in the game. It's locked behind a ridiculous rng wall that I may never crack. My suggestion to you is to make the jackpot Pokemon just as easily accessible as the others by putting them in the room somewhere. You don't need to remove the lotto machine, I think it's fine, it's only the ungodly rng I have a problem with. If you refuse to make them totally accessible, could you at least make them a bit easier to get? I know they're called jackpot starters, but some people have wasted hours of their time trying to get these things only to walk away empty handed. Thanks for your time if you even see this.

-A Random Player of your game

5 hours ago, Darklord_Zeref said:

Remove the Jackpot Pokemon. Now hear me out here, it's a cool concept and the random lottery system is cool, but most people who use it are not using it the way you want them to. While I'm sure plenty of people just use the machine once and are done, many if not most people are soft resetting for hours and hours trying to get a jackpot Pokemon before they give up or are given a small reward for their time spent doing a repetitive and annoying task. I would be fine with it if the jackpot Pokemon were available later in the game, and some are, but not all of them. Riolu, the Pokemon I've been trying to get through the lotto system, is apparently unobtainable later in the game. It's locked behind a ridiculous rng wall that I may never crack. My suggestion to you is to make the jackpot Pokemon just as easily accessible as the others by putting them in the room somewhere. You don't need to remove the lotto machine, I think it's fine, it's only the ungodly rng I have a problem with. If you refuse to make them totally accessible, could you at least make them a bit easier to get? I know they're called jackpot starters, but some people have wasted hours of their time trying to get these things only to walk away empty handed. Thanks for your time if you even see this.

-A Random Player of your game

hello my friend you prob know what jackpot means so why you want the % to go up? rng is rng some ppl they will get it in a few try's some after 100+ offresets this is the mean of jackpot getting something good in the start without waiting to get it in the future.if you are unlucky and offreset for many hours is your choice to do it but if you want 1 of the jackpot starters so much you dont come here and say oh im unlucky need the % chance to go up.last episode i offreset for 4 hours to get a (good) axew i didnt say anything i spend the time to get something special bc i want to do it.just be patient and hope for a jackpot

28 minutes ago, valantisthanasoulis said:

hello my friend you prob know what jackpot means so why you want the % to go up? rng is rng some ppl they will get it in a few try's some after 100+ offresets this is the mean of jackpot getting something good in the start without waiting to get it in the future.if you are unlucky and offreset for many hours is your choice to do it but if you want 1 of the jackpot starters so much you dont come here and say oh im unlucky need the % chance to go up.last episode i offreset for 4 hours to get a (good) axew i didnt say anything i spend the time to get something special bc i want to do it.just be patient and hope for a jackpot

That's not the point he's trying to make, his argument is that a lotto machine should be just that, a chance to get a rare pokemon and what he is saying is that soft resetting to get a rare starter (as most of us do) is defeating the whole purpose of " a chance to get a rare pokemon" since people will keep resetting until they definitely get one.

19 minutes ago, GS BALL said:

Pick up a Protean Froakie, lad and you are good to go. It can stun (lick) and confuse (water pulse), plus change type.

froakie might not really be the best starter. Gren is a good and popular mon, but in games like rejuvenation it's not always the best pick

Well luck has always been a part of pkmn: Iv's , nature, ... .You might as well get used to it. I used the jackpot system to let me decide my pokemon, the rule was however that the species, nature and Iv's needed to be acceptable. It took me a lot soft resets and surprisingly my starter was riolu, a pkmn that I didn't even consider due to being how rare it was. However during that period I was tempted with some pkmn with good Iv's but not the right species. Some good species and Iv's but terible nature. However these close pkmn are why I think the jackpot system should stay, they might temptate you in using another pokemon you didn't think off. So yes you can soft reset till you get the pokémon you want but the temptation to just call it a day and take another pokemon is the reason why I think Jackpot pkmn are a good thing for the game.

As someone who has helped people debug in jackpot starters, I kinda agree. I feel the chances are far too low for them, and even then if you want a specific one, it's even lower, especially if you wanted to do a mono run of some kind. It's just a tedious part of the game that really doesn't add too much, I feel. Also, luck being a part of Pokemon is not a solid argument at all. Being paralysed a few times in a row does not surmount to softresetting for a long time, or until you give up and ask someone to give you one - one is a minor annoyance, the other is a huge inconvenience. In fact, I'd rather just offer someone help to add it in for them so they can enjoy the game sooner without a foul taste from resetting.

The argument OP's trying to make is that the RNG to getting a jackpot starter is pretty much arbitrary when players would just muscle through that and get what they want through an indefinite, but likely small number of soft resets (compared to the soft resets required to get a shiny Pokemon in the main games). It's like, placing that ONE Cut tree in Sheridan Wetlands, so the player would have to go back and fetch a Cut slave, because no one thought they'd need a Cut HM slave ever again.

The thing about this is, the process is a chore. You wouldn't feel a single ounce of enjoyment from either hitting that F12 or fetching a Cut slave, much like how you wouldn't feel happy being stuck in a traffic jam for an hour straight, even if there's free ice cream waiting at the end of it.

Now, you might bring up Shiny Pokemon as a counterargument, however...

Having a Shiny Pokemon does not affect gameplay at all. It's shininess is purely a trophy quality. Having a different starter on the other hand, actually matters gameplay-wise, and may affect your experience throughout the game. Picking a starter is the biggest event in a trainer's life, after all.

Like Alex said, people have even decided to just inject the Pokemon they want to get by the arbitrary RNG barrier. This also applies to the Mystery Egg, which is decided upon your new game.

I'm personally against having special Pokemon bound to the jackpot machine. The Dev Team has already balanced the game with them in mind (At least, I hope that's the case). There's no reason not to normalize their accessibility other than the mere fact of them not being standard starters.

I know the jackpot starters have a very low chance compared to the others, but even if we increased them to the same odds as the starters, there would be a 1/24 chance or 4% of getting a certain Pokemon. But anyways, I really dislike chance based events like this (I'm still against the idea of having OP mons in the mystery egg) and yeah I spent like an hour trying to see if I could get a jackpot mon TWICE! So yeah, I'd say removing the jackpot mons or making them into something justifiable to be more common would be a better move because right now they take forever to get to the point it's not worth bothering.

Guilty as charged. I did reset a few times  for Axew - I had to do it twice because I didn't settle for Modest with bad IV's on Attack. But once I got the Axew I decided to keep, Axew (and eventually Fraxure and Haxorus) carried me quite a bit. Dragon Rage, and then Dragon Dance + Dragon Claw was enough to destroy most trainers and leaders. So the time I spent getting Axew definitely paid off.

Request-a-mons and injecting the mons you want or need, in my opinion, defeats the entire gameplay aspect of fan-games (with the exception of Monotype runs that would otherwise be next to impossible without a little help). I'm sure there's a good reason or two why the availability of mons is limited - all of that becomes meaningless if you just decide to get yourself good ol' Gyarados or whatever strikes your fancy.

Edited by Zargerth