And in the End... (A team show-off thingy!)

Ikaru

• Administrators

(...except not really the end, just what exists of the game so far...)

((...and it's not so much a team as it is, well, uh... this...))

GroupShot.png

As the name of the box implies I didn't really have a full team set in stone, so much as I just had a bunch of useful things I would switch in and out. You'll be able to tell by the levels which I used more often, although some of them are deceptively low.

KIRLIA.

I tried to make it a point to get a bunch of things, or rather, everything I ran into, but some of them just didn't want to be caught and killed themselves in confusion or couldn't take a hit from anything ever.

In semi-detail, with no particular order:

168MS.png

Ariados

Ariados1.png

Ariados2.png

First of the "things I wanted to use because I like them or they're cool but otherwise bad." Absolutely monstrous against anything Leech Life can actually do damage to, and for anything else, there's master card Night Shade. As a bonus, relatively tanky.

The name, while simply Spinarak's japanese name, is actually used for what it means-

"Itomaru could be a combination of 糸 ito (thread) and 丸 maru (circle) or a shortening of 巻き上がる makiagaru (to roll up)."

256MS.png

Combusken

Combusken1.png

Combusken2.png

Self-explanatory; starter and auto-win button if things went downhill against a non-flying type.

Yes, the specification of type is necessary. >_>

The name is equally self-explanatory in that it simply references its typing.

284MS.png

Masquerain

Masquerain1.png

Masquerain2.png

Second of the things I wanted to use because why not. I kept it a Surskit until it learned Bubblebeam because even without STAB it's still better than Gust. I swear, this thing was worthless until it evolved, but Intimidate and a decent attack backed by far better stats made it worth it. ...I also needed a water attack.

The name should be pretty obvious :P

294MS.png

Loudred

Loudred1.png

Loudred2.png

I didn't expect to keep this, but Uproar OP. Soundproof also happened to in the one situation I desperately needed it to, so yay <3

No name because, well, "I didn't expect to keep this."

164MS.png

Noctowl

Noctowl1.png

Noctowl2.png

This is a case of where the Pokemon's level completely belies its usage. Noctowl was, and still IS a bro, whenever Hypnosis decides to be nice and hit. Great bulk for early-game too added to by Reflect, whee. And remember what I said about Uproar OP?

My names are generally pretty obvious, and this is no exception.

281MS.png

Kirlia

Kirlia1.png

Kirlia2.png

I tried. I really tried. In a land full of Poison-types, one would expect Ralts/Kirlia to be a godsend.

One would be wrong.

But I tried.

058MS.png

Growlithe

Growlithe1.png

Growlithe2.png

A replacement fire-type in case Combusken ever got too close to the level cap, and generally pretty cool guy (except girl); not necessary yet, but, definitely couldn't hurt, and it's rather strong itself as well. Haven't tried to level it much, but it sure beats the Adamant Vulpix (that would eventually be an Adamant Ninetales- hi Cloud c:) that's the other option.

525MS.png

Boldore

Boldore1.png

Boldore2.png

Boldore was initially my answer to Flying-types, as before this, I had a glaringly painful weakness to them, as evidenced in a screenshot I posted as a status recently. It didn't last long, but I still do like it much more than...

075MS.png

Graveler

Graveler1.png

Graveler2.png

The name alone states its reason for existing.

It did its job well.

lolSelfdestruct.

...this feels a lot like an RMT, the way I did it...

Oh well, enjoy!~

On a closing note, I'd just like to say- I am a picture of professionalism, aren't I? <3

• Administrators

>did its job well

>rollout Haunter

>Haunter used Destiny Bond!

>selfdestruct Crobat

>Crobat took less than 50% damage

tralalala

I admit the Rollout was dumb (and slightly amusing!) but it didn't even have it the second time around, and the Selfdestruct was intentional ("lolSelfdestruct."), regardless of how much it did, because I wanted to use Boldore instead; its primary job was to Magnitude EVERYTHING it could, which it did. c:

• 4 weeks later...

Does Combusken have Speed boost?

When I chose my Starter (Tepig), it got the perfect DW ability and Nature :) now it's an Emboar, and it's own killing everything in its path with Arm Thrust and Heat Crash

Somebody other than me used Tepig.

My life is complete.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Looking back at this makes me feel that Soundproof would've been much better on my Loudred than Scrappy

I mean fuck Taka's Chatot

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP.

Also since I guess I technically finished the new release now would be a better time than any to do this... Hm.

• Administrators

Well, here we are again.

It's always such a pleasure...

RebornIntro_zps5f6e1ff7.png?t=1364238711

Mmmmm look @ dat playtime

SO. Here we are post-episode with basically nothing left to do; now's a better time than any, yeah?

Still, I don't have a defined "team" as much as a bunch of things to pull from, but here's what I have in my party now because either A) currently leveling or B) need HMs / certain types-

Preview_zpsff28179b.png?t=1364238710

From the top down, here we go (also mind that I'm not going to use two screenshots for each because effort and really the first screenshot for each didn't really show anything):

MDP200.png

Misdreavus

Misdreavus_zps01da5d9a.png?t=1364238709

This is kind of my signature Pokemon so nobody should be surprised that it's NATURALLY going to be on my team- Luckily, we've already got Shadow Ball as a TM, so there's its best move right off the bat. There are two ways I could go from here: Evolve it as soon as a Dusk Stone makes itself available, and wait for TMs to teach it better moves anyway -OR- wait for Power Gem at level 55 because it's not a HORRIBLE move and I can't really count on Hidden Power Fighting if we're going for the standard moveset. I think either way TMs will probably play a big part here.

Did I mention she's Modest? <3

MDP257.png

Blaziken

Blaziken_zps8d77d315.png?t=1364238708

Might as well have renamed it "Level cap" because it spent the entire episode at level 44 until after I beat Aya at which point it was safe to use again.

Thank you, Ame.

Look at how useless this thing is.

But don't worry, I'll fix it soon enough.

And when I do, the next leader is going to regret it.

MDP338.png

Solrock

Solrock_zpscb9b3ebf.png?t=1364238708

Nothing special, just another personal like- unlike Ariados and Masquerain however, this one is solid and very much usable. Currently just waiting on things to replace Rock Slide and MAYBE Cosmic Power with. Also Zen Headbutt > Psychic if tutors will be a thing.

Part of me wishes I got Lunatone instead, though.

MDP286.png

Breloom

Breloom_zpsedf33d03.png?t=1364238714

Waiting for something to replace Poisonpowder, but otherwise this is pretty standard as far as Breloom's learnset goes. Would be a much higher level if not for Poison types everywhere. ._.

Also has Poison Heal, so that's a thing assuming I don't switch into full power Venoshocks...

MDP282.png

Gardevoir

Gardevoir_zps7dfb7ab2.png?t=1364238713

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better after evolving, and the second "returning" member of the team. Only gets better from here as soon as I have decent TMs- I've already debated giving her Shadow Ball, but idk because Teleport is way useful for getting around quicker and I don't know when I might need Magical Leaf to deal with pesky Team Meteor if I don't have Breloom ):
Although unless 4x effective, STAB Psychic > Magical Leaf so maybe. What do?

MDP303.png

Mawile

Mawile_zps584b7751.png?t=1364238712

This is a tough one. Just another personal preference. It's proven super useful defensively though, since the last two gyms were Ghost and Poison; in fact, it's one of the two that actually made it through the battle against Aya, just because of the poison immunity.

On the other hand it has zero STAB until level... 56 I believe, without checking, and so I'm stuck with a moveset like this until then. Makes a nice Ghost/Psychic killer though. Two-shotted Aya's paralyzed Gengar with Crunch <3

(As an aside, I was so wanting to use the PokePark game icons for these guys because Mawile's is so nice but I can't because Solrock and Gardevoir don't have one </3)

Honorable Mention:

UsefulBox_zpsbc94c8fe.png?t=1364244024

Of course, I only refer to these as "honorable mention" because they weren't currently in my party at the time of writing.

Some of these are actually better than what I have with me now.

MDP274.png

Nuzleaf

Nuzleaf_zps88cbcc24.png?t=1364244024

Really wish I had a good nickname for Nuzleaf but the only thing I could think of (Grasswhistle cuz I remember it in the anime) doesn't fit. OH WELL.

Mostly going to be Special, preferably, because it's a Timid nature; unfortunately it doesn't get much in the way of natural special moves... It does have Chlorophyll, though, which goes very nicely with something else I have :3

I do have a Leaf Stone that I could use at any time, but if nothing else I'd like to wait for at least Extrasensory or something because without any good TMs I'm kind of shot in terms of decent special moves.

PP2526.png

Gigalith

Gigalith_zps408664f1.png?t=1364244023

For starters, am sad because Gigalith hasn't been in a PMD game yet so it gets a special picture ;~;
Okay so, Mud Slap. Clearly filler- not that Gigalith learns anything that can even replace it, but, I have no intention of using it ever and I really wish I had something better to teach it.

It's a little lacking in levels but I think I'll work on that cause I've noticed tanking things is kind of more important than brute force in a game like this.

MDP442.png

Spiritomb

Spiritomb_zpscde35785.png?t=1364246958

So I'm sure everyone saw my status update about resetting for a shiny Spiritomb.

Well it happened and I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO going to level this thing don't you worry. Unfortunately, I'd just caught it, so that's going to take some effort.

Take me as an example if you want something shiny, kids; follow your dreams!

MDP038.png

Ninetales

Ninetales_zps7ec2c351.png?t=1364244021

First, note that this is not the same Adamant Vulpix I mentioned earlier; because Ditto was made a thing in the last release, I egg'd and got another Drought Vulpix, this time a Rash nature, which is infinitely better.

imo this is probably the most well-together moveset I have on anything at the moment, because of synergy between Will-O-Wisp and Hex, and Flamethrower + Extrasensory are more than decent moves (Flamethrower especially because Sunlight boost). I'd probably willingly say that this Ninetales is the best Pokemon I have at the moment, MAYBE discounting Blaziken. I haven't had a chance to use it again yet >_>

MDP342.png

Crawdaunt

Crawdaunt_zpsdd6916df.png?t=1364244022

So I found a random Corphish on the beach at level 36, shoved it in the box and didn't think much of it.

Then I realized it was nearly at the level at which it evolves and two levels from learning Crabhammer which is a very good water move if only hindered by the chance to miss (as far as ingame goes, anyway).

Then I realized it was Adamant.

This happened.

Besides, I think I needed another Water-type anyway since the other one I have isn't particularly offensive.

MDP164.png

Noctowl

Noctowl_zps64390bc3.png?t=1364244020

Another returning member, and pretty much as reliable as ever if we discount Hypnosis' low accuracy. I'd call it "Kiki killer" because Reflect+Flying STAB but that'd be in horrible taste and you will all eventually know why.

Shame I realized its nature was -Sp.Atk far too late.

MDP058.png

Growlithe

Growlithe_zps2e0ee139.png?t=1364244020

Considering I blew my (currently) only Fire Stone on Vulpix, I don't know about this one, but Fire is a really good offensive type and I'd imagine Ninetales and Blaziken to end up near the level cap constantly, the way things were in this episode.

It's up in the air really, but idk. Might be overkill on Fire types.

MDP171.png

Lanturn

Lanturn_zps46505d1e.png?t=1364244018

im so creative with nicknames guys

I'm really liking this one cause tank-ish with tons of HP. I don't know its learnset all that well, and tbh its ability is the ONLY bad one it could possibly have, but I still love Lanturn and I'm sure it'll be okay with better moves. Thunder Wave makes the big plays especially against Aya by paralyzing Gengar/Drapion so something actually stood a chance of killing them. Discharge is soon™ so maybe I can start pulling out awesome combos... if... you know, I had a ground type...

Or something with Volt Absorb...

Or Lightningrod...

MDP330.png

Flygon

Flygon_zpsfdbe9dd6.png?t=1364244018

Last but most certainly not least, this precious baby <3

ame mad cuz i have a relatively early-game dragon and she cant do anything about it wahahaha

If only I had thought about getting a better nature before I blindly took it Q~Q

Anyway here's a potential ground type to work with Lanturn because I totally implied I didn't have one and fooled you all !!!!! Overall, a *decent* Pokemon even by competitive standards; a little lacking in terms of moveset but that will be remedied in time. Shame its special moves are all stronger in terms of base power. Maybe an Outrage tutor will be a thing.

So that's that at the time of writing and current episode.

No I will not tell you how I got x pokemon and no I will not tell you where y item is so don't ask >:C

(i probably totally will, if not in a roundabout fashion ((ily xiph)) BUT YOU DIDN'T HEAR THAT HERE.)

As before, enjoy, hopefully you like some of these and will consider trying them yourself :D

/completion bump

Ooooh, so can we post our teams too? Once we've reached an "end" of course.

AND DID YOU GET THAT FLYGON BY GETTING THE TRAPINCH FROM THE GAME CORNER

because I tried to get that but I suck at coins and voltorb flip so it was all worthless

• Administrators

Yep, this IS a discussion subforum for the game after all :P

And, well, that's not really a secret, so yes, that's where I got it.

Lots and lots of Voltorb Flip @.@

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

Less elaborate update because I'm lazy and honestly I haven't gotten anything new except Lunatone and Zorua, neither of which I'm likely to use anytime soon.

I had Growlithe in the day care to get another one that I could trade for the Mareep in the Police Station in the Jasper Ward, and it ended up level 47 by the time I remembered to take it out... If I had a Fire Stone it'd make for a pretty decent choice considering... well, here.

318kWPg.png

That's basically everything I wanted it to learn and probably the best moveset it could have with the current TM availability. So that's nice.

Unfortunately I've still got the ever-OP Blaziken and Ninetales so it's a little overkill on Fire-types, especially with the Ice gym out of the way now.

We also have Flygon joining the ranks of my main team for now, what with Serra dealt with, and it's gained a total of ONE LEVEL since the last update *crowd cheers*

ivsk.png

This happened too, and anyone who knows me should be like anti-surprised; Previously Mawile had been my highest level Pokemon but I couldn't allow Misdreavus to have second place.
Currently waiting on Power Gem before I evolve her, since I do have a Dusk Stone, considering I'm pretty sure neither Perish Song nor Mean Look even work properly. Where's my Thunderbolt or even idk Charge Beam or something? ):

ABT3RDH.png

Here's the "main" team as a whole. It's honestly kind of nice being lower leveled because I don't have to stop and think "oh no what if x breaks the cap soon" and whatnot. I really like how this is coming along now, personally, and all I could really ask for in addition to these nice things is my precious Sneasel and/or Weavile (COUGH ame pls COUGH). Still super proud of Mawile holding up so well for this long, too.

My backups on the other hand are looking a little shaky- Gigalith and Noctowl are still in the high 30s and honestly I don't know if they'll be very useful seeing as they haven't already. Maybe when I start a new file I'll use whatever I wanted to here but didn't get around to it, notably Zorua (and maybe Riolu), and I might try to hang on to Noctowl longer as well. Depends on what ends up being available in the future.

EDIT:
I read the words day care upon reviewing my post-post post, and ran off to check on my Ditto...
BCVxxWn.png

lol.

just gonna toss it right back in and let it continue to skyrocket

EDIT2: Well, I guess I lied when I said I didn't get anything new- I'm actually up to five boxes of Pokemon ._.

zkRinEO.png

1kBaIqF.png

91vgRbt.png

UiTULyK.png

eWDU5HX.png

And then there's this too I guess

nN7fDqm.png

I've actually made it a point to look around for a lot of things, and catch anything I run into that I don't already have, so if anyone wants to know where to get any of these and I actually remember how I'll do my best to tell you c:
and if i don't, i can try to give a general location???

POKEDEX COMPLETION HERE I COME

except i'll be missing at least three pokemon because i'll never get porygon <//////3
Anyway, thanks for reading <3

• Administrators

...Is that so? Perish Song didn't seem to work against Serra o-o

I'll give you Mean Look since I admittedly just have never tried to use it, but I could swear that Perish Song didn't work.