Difference between gym leaders and regular people like SOLARIS

Arnab Fouzder

Ok.....so I battled Solaris and now I'm challenging Ciel. My team contains a level 75 NOIVERN just like hers. The exact same level too. It also holds an assault vest. My NOIVERN has a speed of 216+ or something, mainly because I used up all the vitamins.....like all of them on all my pokemon till it said " it won't have any effect ". I have beaten Solaris's GARCHOMP  with NOIVERN confidently..........but what seems to be the problem with Ciel? Worth mentioning......NOIVERN had pokerus.......even though it is cured, there is an "unhappy emoji" in the status bar when I see NOIVERN's summary. Can anyone give a good answer about this? Thanks. 

16 minutes ago, Arnab Fouzder said:

Worth mentioning......NOIVERN had pokerus.......even though it is cured, there is an "unhappy emoji" in the status bar when I see NOIVERN's summary. Can anyone give a good answer about this? Thanks. 

That just means it can't spread Pokerus to others: like you said, it is cured.

14 minutes ago, Arnab Fouzder said:

Ok.....so I battled Solaris and now I'm challenging Ciel. My team contains a level 75 NOIVERN just like hers. The exact same level too. It also holds an assault vest. My NOIVERN has a speed of 216+ or something, mainly because I used up all the vitamins.....like all of them on all my pokemon till it said " it won't have any effect ". I have beaten Solaris's GARCHOMP  with NOIVERN confidently..........but what seems to be the problem with Ciel? Worth mentioning......NOIVERN had pokerus.......even though it is cured, there is an "unhappy emoji" in the status bar when I see NOIVERN's summary. Can anyone give a good answer about this? Thanks. 

I don't quite see what the problem is in what you've said, but I'm assuming that your Noivern was outsped by her Noivern? I believe that it's been outsped because the Noivern of Ciel is EV Trained in Speed, I guess, and while you may have been using vitamins, these vitamins only raise the base stat by a minimal amount and don't exactly open the full potential of a pokemon.

Regarding Pokerus, based from this article, https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokérus, the status icon for when Pokerus is cured is a sad/poker [leaning on the latter] face.

I'm gonna assume that Ame put the EV's, IV's and natures of gym leader's as benivitial to the mons as she can. Garchomp has a lower speed stat than Noivern has to begin with

1 hour ago, Wolfox said:

I'm gonna assume that Ame put the EV's, IV's and natures of gym leader's as benivitial to the mons as she can. Garchomp has a lower speed stat than Noivern has to begin with

I suspect that as well.....

1 hour ago, Monsieur Divergent said:

I don't quite see what the problem is in what you've said, but I'm assuming that your Noivern was outsped by her Noivern? I believe that it's been outsped because the Noivern of Ciel is EV Trained in Speed, I guess, and while you may have been using vitamins, these vitamins only raise the base stat by a minimal amount and don't exactly open the full potential of a pokemon.

Regarding Pokerus, based from this article, https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokérus, the status icon for when Pokerus is cured is a sad/poker [leaning on the latter] face.

Perhaps you are right......now that I think about it......there are no otherpossibilities......

Firstly, I can't relate your post with the title.

Secondly about vitamins, it only raise  EV's to 100 only and after you maxed it using vitamins then it will never increase further. The best way to raise each stat is to train it without vitamins and rare candy.

Thirdly about pokerus, it doubles the EV gained after each battle. So, you were very lucky to find one with pokerus, if you would have not used vitamins and only trained it by battles then I believe you should have seen its full potential.

Lastly about Ciel's Noivern, it is highly EV trained in Attack and Speed. So, if you will use a pokemon with high Defence and Attack then you can easily beat it. Recently, I beat it with my KROOKODILE's OUTRAGE, it was an OHKO.