Dark times loom over Reborn

Waynolt

For what makes its future Champion, the Main Character (MC), strong is power over time itself, it's the omniscience and infinite chances that are granted by the simple being the main character of a videogame.

But when it is over - what then? When we are no longer quicksaving and reloading for the MC, what becomes of this world and its champion?

You know what would be awesome?

If in the very end the MC broke free of player control and tried to prove xyr worth.

The MC could then be the real final boss, they'd build a team and try to best the player (who's using the team with which the "near-final" battle of the game was won).

Even better if the MC built a team depending on how you've played the game: for example if you always beat the gym leaders through brute force and overleveling, then the MC's team will be horrible, showing xe learnt nothing.

To actually finish the game with the good ending, we'd then have to lose against the MC - who can this way prove to be adequate to the new role.

There could also be an hidden counter in this final battle - if we let the MC win on purpose in an obvious way (by for example spamming Splash), it would be awesome if xe could call us out on it.

Edited by Waynolt

I had a nightmare like this once. I got to the end of the game, and beat the elite four. I went into the champions room and approached the champion's stage. As I got there, the champion turned around.

The champion was me. Me IRL. I thought it was a cheap novelty that they managed to introduce some type of image capture and use it to make a sprite of me, but then we battled. 

The champion used all my favorite pokemon and played in a way identical to who I myself would play. I eventually won, and when the player character became the champion of the league, I switched places with him. In real life, I was the player character. 

I tried to speak and nothing happen.

I woke up screaming, in a cold sweat.