Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

I REALLY wanna do this (Dragon run)

Vhandrake

Question

Since i've first heard about mono-runs i've been like "I need to do a Dragon run" Which is my favourite type since Gen I and that magnificent Dragonite... The thing is, when it comes to Reborn, (And not only to Reborn) Dragon type seems to lack alot, at least at the first gyms... Also, dragons tend to evolve and get good much later in the game (Which is another downside)... But i REALLY want to do this... I also know there's a chance, VERY small chance to get an Axew from the Mystery Egg, something that never happened to me so far, but idk, i'm kinda stubborn... So, what do you guys recommend? Options? Help? If you're like "Here, i can give you X dragon pokémon i don't use, you can have it (Which it would be awesome if it is low level cause the earlier i can use it the better) Or just any sort of advice would be awesome too, I'm not a Pokémon expert, but i sure love the game. THANK YOU!!

1 hour ago, Jess said:

Yes, that is true. Bug and Poison are the most abundant early on, so no need to ask for anything to get your run going... I'd think that Cutiefly would be available by Headbutting trees early on like the Combees are... That's weird... Maybe it's too good to get pre-Julia.

Btw, when can you get Igglybuff from the event in Peridot Ward (i think)? Is it after Julia too?

that is before julia, and the only fairy type you can even get before you reach the rock smash area in the subway tunnel

2 hours ago, Jess said:

Wouldn't it be a bit game breaking to play with a lv.5 Kingdra or Garchomp, or Haxorus? I mean, where is the challenge in this? You can get some traded by the request-a-mon thread Wolfox Glace mentioned. Plus, you can use mons that mega evolve into dragons too, like Charmander, or Sceptile.

I assume it would, but if he breeds and gives me the egg of the first pokémon, it will be an Axew, Horsea, Trapinch... Etc... So i will start with the first one, sort to say, and they will evolve into the dragon type if they're not dragon already... Which it technically will make it even harder for me, since dragons tend to evolve late of levels.

4 hours ago, Wolfox Glace said:

there is a topic,

this one, that could help you, you'll have to start a new game and beat Cain and Victoria before posting your savefile there (on said save file) but this can grant you the mons, tho I've been waiting quite a bit for mine

Hey, thank you so much, sorry i couldn't reply earlier, i just did a request, let's see what can i get! :D Thank you so much again! 

On 2017-5-31 at 4:37 PM, Sapphire Mahala said:

ok first let me say i really like your profile pic and these are the following dragon types i can offer dragalge, noivern, haxorus, flygon,tyrantrum, and if you give me enough time i can probs get you a kingdra 

Where to get: Haxorus, Kingdra, Flygon and tyrantrum base evolutions? Thanks.