Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

I REALLY wanna do this (Dragon run)

Vhandrake

Question

Since i've first heard about mono-runs i've been like "I need to do a Dragon run" Which is my favourite type since Gen I and that magnificent Dragonite... The thing is, when it comes to Reborn, (And not only to Reborn) Dragon type seems to lack alot, at least at the first gyms... Also, dragons tend to evolve and get good much later in the game (Which is another downside)... But i REALLY want to do this... I also know there's a chance, VERY small chance to get an Axew from the Mystery Egg, something that never happened to me so far, but idk, i'm kinda stubborn... So, what do you guys recommend? Options? Help? If you're like "Here, i can give you X dragon pokémon i don't use, you can have it (Which it would be awesome if it is low level cause the earlier i can use it the better) Or just any sort of advice would be awesome too, I'm not a Pokémon expert, but i sure love the game. THANK YOU!!

Just now, Vhandrake said:

Since i've first heard about mono-runs i've been like "I need to do a Dragon run" Which is my favourite type since Gen I and that magnificent Dragonite... The thing is, when it comes to Reborn, (And not only to Reborn) Dragon type seems to lack alot, at least at the first gyms... Also, dragons tend to evolve and get good much later in the game (Which is another downside)... But i REALLY want to do this... I also know there's a chance, VERY small chance to get an Axew from the Mystery Egg, something that never happened to me so far, but idk, i'm kinda stubborn... So, what do you guys recommend? Options? Help? If you're like "Here, i can give you X dragon pokémon i don't use, you can have it (Which it would be awesome if it is low level cause the earlier i can use it the better) Or just any sort of advice would be awesome too, I'm not a Pokémon expert, but i sure love the game. THANK YOU!!

ok first let me say i really like your profile pic and these are the following dragon types i can offer dragalge, noivern, haxorus, flygon,tyrantrum, and if you give me enough time i can probs get you a kingdra 

Just now, Sapphire Mahala said:

ok first let me say i really like your profile pic and these are the following dragon types i can offer dragalge, noivern, haxorus, flygon,tyrantrum, and if you give me enough time i can probs get you a kingdra 

Thank you! I love it too!! And about the Pokémon.. I don't really have that much to offer back, and the ones you're mentioning are all high lvl (Around 40-45+) I wouldn't be able to get there by my own, i guess (Maybe if i get an army of Noibats) I don't know if Charmander counts, considering it mega it's Dragon.. I've never done a mono-run, that's why i'm not very aware of the "rules" 

Just now, Vhandrake said:

Thank you! I love it too!! And about the Pokémon.. I don't really have that much to offer back, and the ones you're mentioning are all high lvl (Around 40-45+) I wouldn't be able to get there by my own, i guess (Maybe if i get an army of Noibats) I don't know if Charmander counts, considering it mega it's Dragon.. I've never done a mono-run, that's why i'm not very aware of the "rules" 

my bad i meant to say i can breed them and evolve them to their final form and use common candies to lower their levels so they are usable for your team 

1 minute ago, Vhandrake said:

there is a topic,

this one, that could help you, you'll have to start a new game and beat Cain and Victoria before posting your savefile there (on said save file) but this can grant you the mons, tho I've been waiting quite a bit for mine

One option is to download Reborn- Sandbox Mode. It's the same game but has a room at the beginning with everything. All the TMs, someone who will generate any pokemon for you, the pokemon breeder, the nature changer, EV grinding, etc, etc. A big part of the reason it was created was for mono-runs. 
Good luck on your dragon run! 

Edited by Dante52
included link

Just now, Sapphire Mahala said:

my bad i meant to say i can breed them and evolve them to their final form and use common candies to lower their levels so they are usable for your team 

Oh! Is that an option? That's amazing! I also read somewhere that it can be other type if it will evolve into Dragon (In this case) Is that correct?

2 minutes ago, Vhandrake said:

Oh! Is that an option? That's amazing! I also read somewhere that it can be other type if it will evolve into Dragon (In this case) Is that correct?

Most people are okay with that for mono runs

1 hour ago, Vhandrake said:

Wouldn't it be a bit game breaking to play with a lv.5 Kingdra or Garchomp, or Haxorus? I mean, where is the challenge in this? You can get some traded by the request-a-mon thread Wolfox Glace mentioned. Plus, you can use mons that mega evolve into dragons too, like Charmander, or Sceptile.

Just now, Jess said:

Wouldn't it be a bit game breaking to play with a lv.5 Kingdra or Garchomp, or Haxorus? I mean, where is the challenge in this? You can get some traded by the request-a-mon thread Wolfox Glace mentioned. Plus, you can use mons that mega evolve into dragons too, like Charmander, or Sceptile.

not traded, more so when you start a new save you can request mosn to be put into your save

2 minutes ago, Wolfox Glace said:

not traded, more so when you start a new save you can request mosn to be put into your save

Or you can simply get the two first silly rival battles done with w/e starter(Cain and Victoria) and get the mons you want traded to you. I find it easier and faster, since it doesn't involve save file editing. The two first battles don't count anyways, they're just tackle fights.

Edited by Jess

Just now, Jess said:

Or you can simply get the two first silly rival battles done (Cain and Victoria) and get the mns you want traded to you. I find it easier and faster, since it doesn't involve save file editing. The two first battles don't count anyways, they're just tackle fights.

true, but that makes it easier since you gain more exp.

3 minutes ago, Wolfox Glace said:

true, but that makes it easier since you gain more exp.

It's just couple levels, from 5 to 7. Kill 5 Rattatas and Ekans and it's just the same. You aren't facing the big guys early on anyways.

Edited by Jess

9 minutes ago, Jess said:

It's just couple levels, from 5 to 7. Kill 5 Rattatas and Ekans and it's just the same. You aren't facing the big guys early on anyways.

true, but what I mean is that the traded mons gain more exp than the ones with your trainer ID, which can make the game a bit easier at times. granted it depends on what your prever

Just now, Wolfox Glace said:

true, but what I mean is that the traded mons gain more exp than the ones with your trainer ID, which can make the game a bit easier at times. granted it depends on what your prever

I agree. I got the first couple fights done with a Squirtle in my Bug mono. But again, I needed Squirtle to breed Hydro Pump on my Surskit/Masquerain, so I had different motives for that! xD

Just now, Jess said:

I agree. I got the first couple fights done with a Squirtle in my Bug mono. But again, I needed Squirtle to breed Hydro Pump on my Surskit/Masquerain, so I had different motives for that! xD

yeah, but for example for my fairy monorun (that I still can;t start T.T) I won't really be able to get use out of any of the regular starters

Just now, Wolfox Glace said:

yeah, but for example for my fairy monorun (that I still can;t start T.T) I won't really be able to get use out of any of the regular starters

:( 

Let's hope E17 gets released soon, so you can get yourself a Popplio ;) 

Just be patient Wolfox! Like I am for my Ribombee (which I assume you'll want too!)...

Just now, Jess said:

:( 

Let's hope E17 gets released soon, so you can get yourself a Popplio ;) 

Just be patient Wolfox! Like I am for my Ribombee (which I assume you'll want too!)...

I used ribombee in my playthrough of moon and I was suprised at how good it actually is in LP meta. Tho that won't really help me against Julia since those will be the only fairy's early game. so yeah...

2 minutes ago, Wolfox Glace said:

I used ribombee in my playthrough of moon and I was suprised at how good it actually is in LP meta. Tho that won't really help me against Julia since those will be the only fairy's early game. so yeah...

Yes, Cutiefly  evolves at twenty something I think, so it won't get strong till Florinia... And Popplio is water. At least Cutiefly has Struggle Bug to cripple down their Sp.Attack and counter Julia's Charge Beams!

Just now, Jess said:

Yes, Cutiefly  evolves at twenty something I think, so it won't get strong till Florinia... And Popplio is water. At least Cutiefly has Struggle Bug to cripple down their Sp.Attack and counter Julia's Charge Beams!

true, but Emolga. so I'd have to have a Carbink or something to deal with that, or a Ralts with trace (which would be my ace, cuz gardevoir and being my favorite mon)

4 minutes ago, Wolfox Glace said:

true, but Emolga. so I'd have to have a Carbink or something to deal with that, or a Ralts with trace (which would be my ace, cuz gardevoir and being my favorite mon)

That Emolga made me have bad thoughts too. I had to get my Pineco to selfdestruct in its face to get rid of it, cause it was impossible otherwise. It swept all my bugs like 4 times in a row.

Just now, Jess said:

That Emolga made me have bad thoughts too. I had to get my Pineco to selfdestruct in its face to get rid of it, cause it was impossible otherwise. It swept all my bugs like 4 times in a row.

you at least had options, for what I know cutiefly will only be obtainable after Flobot. and I aint gonna beat Julia with just a Popplio and potential ralts

1 minute ago, Wolfox Glace said:

you at least had options, for what I know cutiefly will only be obtainable after Flobot. and I aint gonna beat Julia with just a Popplio and potential ralts

Yes, that is true. Bug and Poison are the most abundant early on, so no need to ask for anything to get your run going... I'd think that Cutiefly would be available by Headbutting trees early on like the Combees are... That's weird... Maybe it's too good to get pre-Julia.

Btw, when can you get Igglybuff from the event in Peridot Ward (i think)? Is it after Julia too?