Fire Monotype - Jaggi burns things

7 hours ago, Gentleman Jaggi said:

This battle

Was a MAJOR pain.

Samson just seems to get worse with every run I do, jeebuz. The main issue was Hariyama pretty much always taking out one of my Pokémon before going down and Mienshao being faster than everything else. Hawlucha was also an issue, although if I had known his is actually a good deal slower than Mienshao I wouldn't have struggled quite so much. Blaziken's Speed Boost was also kind of annoying, because Camerupt was just never in any shape to go up against it.

I don't know how many tries it took, but I think it was something about 2.5 hours. I actually won once relatively early, but there was so much dumb luck involved that I decided I wouldn't count that. I wish I had counted that one.

Now we finally have the Fury Badge we never got back in Apophyll. It lets us use Surf, but doesn't do anything to the Level Cap. Not like that would be neccessary, anyway.

We also get Brick Break - just another TM we won't use.

That's it for today. Until next time

See ya!

Good work! Mienshao is an absolute terror, that life orb boosted acrobatics that's stronger under the big top and does full damage with an item on is ridiculous. You handled it pretty well eventually though :) 

Also I found this on the internet and thought it fit with the run :D 

IMG_2142.JPG.f4ef6b44194d4f681288d5a1a0b41b46.JPG 

Edited by Orasha
Needed to actually link the image

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Orasha said:

Good work! Mienshao is an absolute terror, that life orb boosted acrobatics that's stronger under the big top and does full damage with an item on is ridiculous. You handled it pretty well eventually though :)

That mienshao is flat out terrifying if you can't outspeed it, lmao.

Can't even goad it into High Jump Kicking into Protect or a Ghost. That would help.

I regret I can't art worth shit, because somebody needs to edit that image into a Typhlosion.

51 minutes ago, Gentleman Jaggi said:

That mienshao is flat out terrifying if you can't outspeed it, lmao.

Can't even goad it into High Jump Kicking into Protect or a Ghost. That would help.

I regret I can't art worth shit, because somebody needs to edit that image into a Typhlosion.

If I was better at image editing I'd put Typhlosion's head on Oprah: "YOU get an eruption! And YOU get an eruption! EVERYBODY gets an eruption!!" 

• 2 weeks later...

Camerupt and Acrobatics? Sounds ridiculous that such a heavy thing can even move that much, but that's pretty damn useful.

Where's the 🔥 showdown?? Probably gonna be the most interesting one yet

Edited by RedAlert

14 hours ago, RedAlert said:

Camerupt and Acrobatics? Sounds ridiculous that such a heavy thing can even move that much, but that's pretty damn useful.

I... hadn't even thought about how that would look. Thank you - that image of Camerupt swinging around the Big Top is hilarious. xD

14 hours ago, RedAlert said:

Where's the 🔥 showdown?? Probably gonna be the most interesting one yet

Didn't really feel up to doing anything last week, but I'll probably put out at least one update once weekend hits.

After beating Samson we take some time to grind our Pokémon, especially Guardian the (now) Ninetales, a few levels with the gracious help of Clown Indra. (That guy's Mienshao is worse than Samson's, aiiyyee.)

Guardian is now ready for battling, though he will remain backup:

Spoiler

capture000y4pyb.png

capture001m9qnl.png

I used Power Items to somewhat EV-train him during grinding, since I don't know of any proper EV spots around Agate Circus.

With these preparations done we head back to Fiore Mansion to get Surf, move on through Ametrine Mountain towards Calcenon city and eventually reach the cave system on Route 3, where Aya helps us accidentally infiltrate a Meteor base as well as fight Aster and Eclipse. Cue Battle!

VS Meteor Knight Aster and Meteor Dame Eclipse IV

capture00090rrr.png

Spoiler

capture0012mp1a.png

Chandelure's Shadow Ball easily takes care of Solrock while Dragalge tanks a Moonblast that lowers its SpAtk and counters with only a weak Thunderbolt.

capture002lvr7y.png

I have handelure take out Lunatone with another Shadow Ball, hoping that Dragalge would use Hydro Pump on either of the enemies; it uses a useless Thunderbolt instead. Rhyperior's Rock Slide then puts Chandelure into critical HP while Dragalge dodges.

Seems like I forgot a screenshot here; we've got Chandelure and Dragalge up againt Rhyperior and Magmortar.

Chandelure uses Shadow Ball on Rhyperior, causing it to lose a bit less than half of its HP, before Magmortar KO's him with Tunderbolt. Dragalge weakly Thunderbolts Magmortar. Damnit Aya, what's up with your fixation on Thunderbolt? Rhyperior's Rock Wrecker finally takes out Dragalge.

capture0032kp64.png

Magmortar's Focus Blast misses, followed by Tentacruel using Muddy Water; it hits Rhyperior, putting it into critical HP, but misses Magmortar. Magcargo sets up a Shell Smash while Rhyperior recharges from Rock Wrecker.

Next turn Rhyperior gets healed back to nearly max HP while Magcargo KO's Magmortar with Earth Power. Tentacruel uses another Muddy Water, dealing more than half of Rhyperior's max HP damage.

capture004pirsd.png

Ugh, Milotic. Magcargo's Earth Power only takes out about a third of its HP before she gets one-shotted with Scald. Tentacruel at least manages to take out Rhyperior with Muddy Water and also lowers Milotic's accuracy.

capture005i1p43.png

Arcanine's Close Combat puts milotic down to ciritcal HP while its Blizzard deals only little damage to both Arcanine and Tentacruel. Tentacruel, for some reason, uses a terribly weak Sludge Bomb on Golurk while the latter Dynamic Punches Arcanine into critical HP.

Next turn Milotic gets healed while Arcanine KO's himself due to confusion. There goes my only physical attacker. Tentacruel Sludge Bombs Milotic this time before taking a Rock Slide from Golurk.

capture006cdrzv.png

Houndoom's Dark Puls puts Golurk into critical HP while Milotic uses another weak Blizzard. Tentacruel then finally uses Muddy Water to finish off Golurk and also lowers Milotic's accuracy some more.

capture007u1oyt.png

Houndoom's Flamethrower deals only less than half HP damage to Electivire before the latter obliterates Tentacruel with Thunder Punch. (Please send in Venusaur - do me just this one favor!) Tentacruel's Rocky Helmet and Electivire's own Life Orb deal some more damage to it, while Milotic once again uses Blizzard. Amazingly it still hits despite the accuracy at -2, but I'm not going to complain as long as it keeps using Blizzard.

capture008skpah.png

Aya refuses to cooperate.

Another Flamethrower from Houndoom takes out Electivire (yay, Tentacruel going down wasn't in vain!) before he gets KO'd by Milotic's Scald. I should've just kept my mouth shut. Nidoqueen's Earth Power deals only pitiful damage to Milotic.

capture009ncrs9.png

Vespiquen is Aster's last Pokémon, so Pyroar puts it into critical HP with Flamethrower, also burning it. Nidoqueen takes a Scald from Milotic and also gets burned, but takes out Vespiquen with Sludge Bomb.

capture0106ips0.png

We're down to Eclipse with three Pokémon left against our Pyroar and Typhlosion and Aya with Nidoqueen, Drapion and Venusaur.

Pyroar's Hyper Voice deals some damage to Milotic, immediately followed by Milotic's Scald finishing off Nidoqueen; that thing has some serious aim-hax going on.

capture0115br76.png

Oh right, she's still got Gengar as well. Fuck. Just send out Venusaur damnit.

Another Hyper Voice from Pyroar and Focus Blast from Gengar put Milotic into critical HP. It then takes out Pyroar with scald. FFFFFFINE.

capture0124jpo9.png

Milotic gets (finally) finished off with Eruption.

capture013fjoc7.png

Aromatisse survives a Metronome-boosted Eruption with about a third of HP, Gengar uses Icy Wind, putting it into critical HP. Pretty much anything else would have taken it out. It strikes back with Thunder, taking half of Gengar's HP.

Another Eruption downs it.

capture01445p95.png

Vileplume gets fukkin rekt by Eruption, ending this battle.

capture0159xosg.png

For once I get the feeling she really didn't.

capture016ryqzh.png

On the other hand, Aya didn't really either, so it evens out.

^ 17 images; I don't remember ever having taken so many screenshots for one fight.

Anyhow, this battle was incredibly stupid. Eclipse's Milotic mucking around with Blizzard probably saved my ass here, but on the other hand Aya could've taken it out if she had just sent in her goshdarn Venusaur. Ugh. Still, I think this is the first time I won this battle on the first try, so I'm not gonna go back just to try and "properly" deal with Milotic.

After the battle Eclipse quits Team Meteor and deacitvates the PULSE Clawitzer. She then gets soulmurdered by Sirius. Aya prevents him from doing the same to us and promptly gets taken as a hostage. The whole crew then buggers off, leaving us to go on alone.

Not without picking up the TM for Grass Knot, however! Though it turns out that noone on the current team can learn it... Denied Grass coverage yet again!

Upon reaching Calcenon City Sirius attempts to negotiate with us - the Ruby Ring for Aya. Charlotte fools him by pretending to steal the ring from us, buying us and Aya some time. We then challenge her to a Gym Battle so we can use Dive to get up to Ametrine City. Cue Battle, Fire vs Fire.

VS Firebug Charlotte

capture000mpr3l.png

Spoiler

capture001nxrpz.png

Twelve Fire Types, a Superheated, soon Burning Field, and Sunny Day on top of that. Bring it Charlotte, let's see how much Fire you can take.

Typhlosion goes first with Eruption, putting Darmanitan into critical HP and Charlotte's Typhlosion down to a third, although its Sitrus Berry brings it back to above half. The Superheated field turns into a Burning one. Guardian follows up with Heat wave, taking out Darmanitan and putting Charlotte's Typhlosion down to critical HP.

Charlotte's Typhlosion finally uses Eruption, but due to its low HP it ends up being very weak.

capture002krpqz.png

I use Guardian's turn to (probably unnecessarily) max out Typhlosion's HP again while Charlotte does the same for her Typhlosion. My Ace's Eruption then one-shots both foes.

capture0037prqc.png

Half her team is already down.

Typhlosion is still the fastest thing on the field and fire off another Eruption, again one-shotting both foes.

capture0041rpgi.png

These flames are already far out of your control.

Charlotte's Ninetales manages to go first, but its Hidden Power fails to KO Guardian. Right after it, too, falls to Eruption.

capture0056prgs.png

Mmmmaybe I was a bit too brutal here.

By far the easiest battle I ever had against her. I was a bit worried Typhlosion's Speed might not be quite enough to consistently go first since he has "only" 22 IV in Speed, but turned out it was plenty enough. Victory on the first try, naturally.

This victory earned us our tenth Badge, raising the Level Cap to 75. More importantly we also get the TM for Flamethrower, boosting Chandelure's Fire offense a fair bit and giving us some more leeway in switching out TM moves without constantly running back to the move relearner afterwards.

That's all for today, next time we'll climb up Ametrine Mountain all the way to the top to save Heather and set Blake on fire.

Until then, see ya!

1 minute ago, RedAlert said:

HOOLY damn xD, that Eruption. I was grinning like a fool while reading the battle with Charlotte.

Blake is gonna be ease-pease

I was grinning like a fool while watching the HP bars fall to zero as well. |D

I'm not entirely decided whether I'll just Eruption-Spam Blake to oblivion as well or if I'll maybe try to fight him more conventionally. He deserves getting destroyed, but I don't want to have too many battles like that in succession. Mmh, we'll see.

@FactoryofSadness Indeed; thank you!

Eruption is soooooooo unfair. It's nice to see it sweep Charlottes team though.she lost so brutally that I somehow feel for her. Please no more eruptions or this run will have no challenge that you won't be able to cross. Good job by the way, outspeeding all her mons and killing her. When amaria comes though you'll be singing a different tune. Which isn't anytime soon so continue eruptioning your foes though it's unfair.😀😄

@rayyan Yeah, I definitely don't want to abuse Eruption too much, but in this case it just kind of felt appropiate.

I've already got two potential strategies for Amaria, based on the few things that we can say about her battle with relative certainty. Both involve training a new Pokémon, since the current roundup likely won't be able to stand up to her without setup.

Using Dive we are able to enter the icy pyramid blockading the path to Ametrine City, where we find a PULSE Avalugg. Nothing else to do but to put it out of its misery.

VS Pokémon Redoubt

capture0004tuoy.png

Spoiler

capture001k3uqv.png

We've got a solid Type Advantage here, but this thing is tanky as hell and the Icy Field weakens Fire, so it's still gonna take a while.

Arcanine's crit Close Combat does about a quarter of HP damage, Avalugg's Rock Slide a bit more than half.

Another Close Combat brings Avalugg to half HP, followed by it unsuccessfully trying to cherrytap Arcanine with Flash Cannon.

After one more Close Combat Arcanine finally goes down to another Rock Slide.

capture002qeufv.png

Houndoom's Flamethrower doesn't do much damage due to the Field and Avalugg's Solid Rock, but Freeze Dry doesn't hurt him much either.

Dark Pulse next turn brings Avalugg down to a few pixel of HP, Houndoom tanks another Freeze Dry.

capture003qvuqh.png

A second Dark Pulse finishes it off.

capture004ltu83.png

woof

Not much to say here; Icy Field is annoying, should've maybe brought Earthquake.

We move onwards to Ametrine City together with Shelly and eventually end up fighting Team Meteor as we chase Blake up to the top of the mountain. Close to the top Aster challenges us to one last battle.

VS Meteor Ace Aster V

capture00040bll.png

Spoiler

Still no VS-Sprite

capture001rwyv7.png

Both Pokémon take a turn to set up, Houndoom with Nasty Plot and Solrock with Reflect.

Next turn Solrock gets blown away by Dark Pulse.

capture002plzyq.png

Golurk goes the same way Solrock went.

capture00395xgn.png

Dark Pulse brings Rhyperior down to half HP while Megahorn knocks Houndoom down into critical and destroys his Air Ballon.

Next turn Rhyperior gets taken out by another, crit Dark Pulse.

capture004wpym6.png

The next Dark Pulse knocks Magmortar down to critical HP and makes it flinch.

Next turn Aster uses a Hyper Potion while Houndoom sets up another Nasty Plot, followed by Magmortar getting OHKO'd by a +4 Dark Pulse.

capture005wxygq.png

Another Dark Pulse, another OHKO.

capture006glxhw.png

I guess he hoped to destroy the Field before sending it out, otherwise I have no idea why he would hold Milotic back until the very end.

Regardless, Dark Pulse is another OHKO.

capture007c9ymu.png

I accidentally swept him, whoopsy. This battle actually took a fair number of tries, because Rhyperior and Milotic were major roadblocks. Rhyperior always took two Pokémon to bring down and Milotic two to three, severly weakening my team for Magmortar and Electivire.

And then I remembered that I have Air Balloons. Rhyperior usually Earthquaked the Field away first chance it got, removing the nerf Milotic's Scald gets on it. Frome there on everything just kind of fell into place as you can see above.

While we were busy with Aster Shelly was fighting Blake up at the mountain's top and lost, so now it's our turn. Cue Battle

VS Agent Blake

capture00012awa.png

Spoiler

capture001w7bi4.png

I know I said "less Eruptions", but I'm at least allowed to get rid of the Field, alright? Alright. Rotom gets knocked down to 1/5 of HP and Jynx only barely hangs on; both then get finished off by Pyroar's Hyper Voice.

capture002tpzrl.png

Blake throws out his Ace next. Weavile's Night Slash deals heavy damage to Pyroar, while Walrein loses about a quarter of its HP to Typhlosion's Flamethrower and gets burned. Pyroar's Flamethrower destroys Weavile while Walrein uses Stockpile.

capture003a7lyg.png

Vanilluxe manages to survive Typhlosion's Flamethrower with just one pixel of HP remaining, but then gets finished off by Pyroar's Hyper Voice; the attack also puts Walrein down to half HP before it KO's both of my Pokémon with Surf.

capture004cvavi.png

And the Field's back. Magcargo takes Froslass's Shadow Ball with a bit under half HP remaining before setting up Shell Smash while Arcanine finishes off Walrein with Close Combat.

capture005m7lio.png

Froslass barely survives an Ancient Power before KO'ing Magcargo with another shadow Ball. It gets then overkilled with a crit Flare Blitz right after.

capture006akx46.png

Easy-peasy, even without Eruption spam. Blake got taken out on the first try.

Blake gets pummeled by dragons for a bit and Heather gets her Ring back. Shortly after we learn from Cal that Terra is a member of Team Meteor, so we'll have to go deal with her. Next stop: Agate Circus (again)

That's it for today, Glitch World and Terra will follow next time, maybe the WTC and Fiore Mansion as well.

Until then, see ya!

Ohhh, Terra. I'm sure she'll be slightlymore difficult after the recent easy battles, but sure she'll be overcome.

I guess Mewtwo won't be a problem, thanks to Houndoom? Unfortunately I don't remember Gen 1 rules, screw that

6 minutes ago, RedAlert said:

Ohhh, Terra. I'm sure she'll be slightlymore difficult after the recent easy battles, but sure she'll be overcome.

I guess Mewtwo won't be a problem, thanks to Houndoom? Unfortunately I don't remember Gen 1 rules, screw that

Terra doesn't actually resist Fire, so my offense should be okay. Her Field might end up being a problem due to the whole Physical/Special-fuckery it causes. Never had much issues with her, even that one time when a game crash forced me to refight her with only three (damaged) Pokémon left.

Houndoom could set up Nasty Plots to cripple Mewtwo's offense, although I'm not sure off the top of my head how Dark Type Pokémon are handled on that Field. I know moves just become Normal instead, but I think Pokémon keep their Dark(/Steel/Fairy) Typing. If not Mewtwo could use Psystrike to hit physically. We'll see.

@Tacuara Haven't thought about that too much. I could have Guardian use Will o Wisp on it and then try to have Camerupt Amnesia-tank its Draco Meteors. Or just make sure Chandelure gets a Curse in and then wear it down.

Edit: Just thought of a tactic that should let me take her out pretty easily. No spoilers for now, you'll get to see it in action once I get around to it. :P

Edited by Gentleman Jaggi

Since we now know that Terra is an agent of Team Meteor we head back to the Circus to confront her. she tries to deny it for about three seconds before fleeing into her computer; we follow after, fighting our way through Terra's Glitch World, where we eventually run into none other than Mewtwo just another missingno.. Cue Battle

VS PKMNPKMNT M2 Mewtwo

capture000o5obz.png

Spoiler

capture001unqzy.png

Houndoom tanks a Thunderbolt with above half HP remaining before stting up a Nasty Plot. Next turn he easily tanks an Ice Beam, then setting up another Nasty Plot.

On the third turn he tanks another Ice Beam and finally strikes back himself. Flamethrower deals about half of Mewtwo's HP damage; Leftovers then heals i a bit again.

capture002iyol8.png

Houndoom tanks another Thunderbolt and then finishes off with Flamethrower.

capture003nvrtg.png

You just got countered on your own turf (time?), deal with it.

Fromt his point it's only a short walk until we finally reach Terra. Time to stomp her face in.

VS M3G4 T3RR4 make it end

capture000lkbp3.png

Spoiler

capture001atl9w.png

Magcargo first takes Blizzard, receiving about 2/3 of her HP damage, then sets up Shell Smash. Next turn her flamethrower puts Nidoking to low yellow HP and she herself gets put into critical HP as well. Both parties heal the following turn.

Another Flamethrower now puts Nidoking to critical HP due to Magcargo's Metronome; Terra heals again before Earth Power+Ancient Power put Nidoking into critical HP again. Terra uses up her last Hyper Potion while Magcargo sets up two more Shell Smashes.

capture002g7x7w.png

Due to the Glitch Field Shell Smash lets Magcargo max out her Attack, Special Attack/Defense and Speed, all at the cost of only -3 in Defense. Since Nidoking knows only Special attacks it quickly couldn't even touch her anymore. Now, with our offense maxed, it's time for some sweeping.

capture003tja4l.png

Earth Power OHKO's Nidoking - Magcargo's Attack isn't impressive, but at +6 it's still colossal.

capture004m8lct.png

capture0052eae5.png

capture006tuaic.png

Her next three Pokémon all get Flamethrowered.

capture007bslzs.png

This thing is the reason I had to make Terra use up all her Potions on Nidoking. Quagsire has Unaware, meaning Magcargo's Boosts from Shell Smash mean nothing to it. Guardian is here so his Drought weakens its Scald.
This Quagsire is fairly tanky, so Guardian first uses Will o Wisp to cancel its Leftovers recovery. Quagsire meanwhile uses Amnesia...

Guardian manages to throw out two Heat Waves, the second one being a crit, before he sadly gets 2HKO'd by Scald.

capture0082fz5d.png

Pyroar attempts to take it out with Hyper Voice, but Quagsire barely survives and uses Recover. It fucking has Recover, I hate everything.

Two more Hyper Voices, the second being a crit, take out Quagsire while Pyroar had to tank one Scald.

capture009xyyrt.png

Finally down to Garchomp; Arcanine is here to lower its Attack with Intimidate.

Unfortunately he gets hit with a critical Stone Edge before he got to attack.

capture010iez7g.png

Chandelure takes a Draco Meteor with 1/3 of HP remaining. He then nobly sacrifices himself to Curse Garchomp. The sun then fades.

capture011vayqe.png

Pyroar is back up, but gets taken out by a crit Stone Edge. Curse brings Garchomp down to slightly above half HP.

Forgot the screenshot here - Magcargo is next and gets instantly taken out by Bulldoze.

capture0120klrs.png

This is it - Typhlosion takes a Stone edge with critical HP remaining, then Flamethrowers Garchomp down to critical as well. Curse finishes it off.

capture013l2b7r.png

I don't know what you're feeling but I don't feel particularly well.

I went into this battle all confident, but quickly had that beaten out of me. Unaware Quagsire completely took the wind out of my sails. I even had to go grab Guardian from the box specifically to deal with it. To be honest, I think something's not right with that Quagsire - it could tank Special hits like nobody's business, but without Amnesia its Scald couldn't even 2HKO Houndoom or Pyroar. What's up with that?

I managed to pull through in the end, but this game once again rather brutally reminded me not to underestimate it.

The Badge we got for this battle lets us use Waterfall, so now we can go save Amaria! (Also Titania, I gues...) we also get the TM for Bulldoze, a useful move that, thankfully, quite a bunch of Pokémon in my team can learn.

That's it for today - I planned to go through the WTC as well today, but erra took me much longer than I had aniticpated, so now I'm somewhat drained. Expect the next part sometime tomorrow.

Until then, see ya!

Edited by Gentleman Jaggi

Down in the Water Treatment Center we reluctantly team up with Titania to save Amaria. Beforethat however we need to clear out the WTC of all the poisonous water, forcing us to take out the PULSE Swalot clogging up the drain. Cue Battle

VS Pokémon Stopple

capture000rkupg.png

Spoiler

capture001a4uo2.png

Guardian is here to cancel out Swalots passive recovery with Will O Wisp; his Drought also weakens Swalot's Sludge Wave, which gets a secondary Water Typing on this Field. After successfully burning the enemy Guardian ends up getting paralyzed by Discharge.

Slowed down by both the Field and Paralyzation Guardian gets knocked out on the next turn without getting to attack again.

capture002raub3.png

Chandelure puts a Curse on Swalot, then gets KO'd by Sludge Wave.

capture003lpueu.png

I don't have any supper effective attacks on this thing, so from here on out it's just about wearing it down. Pyroar's Hyper Voice doesn't deal a whole lot of damage before she gets OHKO'd by Sludge Wave.

capture004h4u0o.png

Magcargo ends up getting oneshotted by a critical Sludge Wave before she even gets to act, whoopsie.

capture005wquq5.png

Curse and Burn have done a number on Swalot's HP, so now Arcanine can finish it off with a crit Outrage.

capture006giu0y.png

"...laaaaat"?

With the WTC thoroughly flushed the only thing left is to go get Amaria and the Saphire Bracelets from Taka. He complies easily enough, but asks us to at least defeat him in battle so he won't lose face with Team Meteor. I don't want to enable him to keep doing his indecisive little spiel, but might as well show off the battle.

VS Meteor Admin Taka

capture000wcr9w.png

Spoiler

capture001rbrck.png

Klefki lays out one layer of Spikes, then gets obliterated by Eruption.

capture0027fo5x.png

Camerupt takes an Earthquake weakened by Solid Rock and her Charti Berry, then retaliates by OHKO'ing Aerodactyl with Nature Power=>Discharge.

capture003f4oyz.png

Arcanine's Close Combat deals good damage before Huntail sets up Shell Smash. Next turn it gets knocked out with Extreme Speed.

capture004xmqnu.png

Gliscor's kind of dangerous, so time to bring out the nuke again. Unfortunately Eruption deals only a little under half of Gliscor's HP damage before Typhlosion goes down to Earthquake.

capture0054fqs2.png

Fine, let's try our other nuke then. A Field-boosted Shadow Ball is enough to take out Gliscor.

capture006mooao.png

I wanted to use Nature Power=>Gear Grind on this thing, but just realised we've got the wrong field for that right now.

Anyhow, Magcargo sets up Shell Smash, then loses about half her HP to Seed Bomb. Next turn a field-weakened Nature Power=>Discharge deals only little damage, but it paralyzes Cradily and revives the Factory Field.

capture007b2qx4.png

I use an Ultra Potion on Camerupt while Cradily is immobilized by paralyzation; next turn Camerupt deals heavy damage with Nature Power=>Gear Grind, putting Cradily into critical HP, and tanks Seed Bomb. Another gear Grind then finishes it off.

capture008l5pi0.png

Chatot can't really do much against Chandelure. It sets up a Nasty Plot, but Hidden Power {Electric} and Flamethrower take it out while it unsuccessfully tries to stay alive with Roost.

capture009hyr8m.png

F12

Aerodactyl was pretty dangerous here with Earthquake and Rock Slide, so I had to go get Camerupt to deal with it. Other than that there wasn't anything notable about this battle.

One thing I don't get here is why Taka couldn't just tell the other Meteors that he lost to us, even if he'd never fought us. It's not like it's an unbelievable claim, considering just about everybody loses to the protagonist?

We leave Taka behind and make our way back to Fiore Mansion, but it turns out Team Meteor are already on their way there as well. We run into Julia and Florinia and, together with Titania, we all assume defensive positions in the building to guard the still unconscious Amaria from Team Meteor's attack. We team up with Florinia to swat aside the first two Grunts, than the real fights get started. Cue Battles.

VS Agent Blake II and Swag Jockey Fern VI

capture000fbk2v.png

Spoiler

capture001frkjm.png

These guys are pretty weak to Fire, but before I can capitalize on that I need to get rid of Haxorus. Walrein too, if possible.

Arcanine's Outrage hits Haxorus, oneshotting it right away. Hippowdon then just barely survives Walrein's Blizzard and strikes back with Rock Slide, dealing 1/3 of Hp damage to it.

capture0024bk9u.png

Arcanine continues his rampage, hitting Krookodile this time. Krookodile in turn finishes off Hippowdon with Crunch while Walrein uses another Blizzard.

capture003xbk4b.png

Arcanien is done with Outrage now, so I have him use Close Combat on Walrein, but he instead hits himself in confusion. I always forget to give him Persim Berries. He actually manages to knock himself out too; that's just embarassing. Torterra takes a Crunch from Krookodile but managed to dodge Blizzard; unfortunately it uses Superpower on Krookodile, rather than a Grass move on Walrein as would have been smart.

capture004flj3c.png

I figured he'd send out Rhyperior next. Walrein is still around, so there's no guarantee Florinia's Pokémon will be able to take care of Rhyperior for me.

Chandelure's Shadow Ball puts Walrein into critical HP and lowers its Sp.Def.. Torterra also manages to once again dodge Walrein's Blizzard and Wood Hammers Rhyperior for massive damage. Rhyperior finally attacks with Megahorn, but misses.

capture005w2kfq.png

Another shadow Ball takes out Walrein and another Wood Hammer finishes off Rhyperior. Finally some proper teamwork here.

capture006m7jtl.png

Weavile finishes off Torterra with Ice Shard; Roserade probably attempted to do the same with Hidden Power {Fire}, but only hits Chandelure.

Weavile then gets taken out by a Flamethrower.

capture007l9j0j.png

Chandelure now goes down to Roserade's Extrasensory. Tropius takes a crit Shadow Ball from Rotom rather well and goes for Dragon Dance.

capture008z5kn4.png

Alright, time to properly get this thing rolling. Guardian's Drought-powered Heat Wave KO's both enemies. Tropius flies up high.

capture009pljcf.png

Mamoswine and Scizor can't handle the Heat.

capture010rskjm.png

Serperior goes first and uses Dragon Pulse on Tropius, then Heat Wave takes out both these enemies as well.

capture011dgjul.png

Pretty sure this is the last one- Heat Wave oneshots this one as well.

capture012fhkb1.png

Ooh, what a burn!

capture013exj7n.png

For how long have you been telling me this stuff now?

They're both very weak to Fire, so once Haxorus and Walrein are out of the picture there's not much they can do anymore.

On to the next battle

VS Meteor Leader Solaris and New World Orderly John

capture01406kud.png

Spoiler

capture015ohk4i.png

I want to keep Arcanine around for Garchomp, so I switch him out for Guardian. Scizor uses a Superpower on him, dealing less than half HP, while Whiscash sets up a Dragon Dance. Hippowdon uses a rather weak Rock Slide on both enemies.

capture016hrklh.png

Guardian neuters Whiscash with Will O Wisp before taking a now very weak Waterfall. Another Superpower from Scizor puts him down to a single pixel of HP. I missed Hippowdon's action this turn, but I think it used Yawn.

capture016hrklh.png

Look at that HP-bar, yo!

Scizor neutered itself to -3 Atk by now, so if at all possible I'd like to keep it around and focus down John instead. Guardian's Hex puts Whiscash below half HP, but its Sitrus berry heals it up again. It then finishes off Guardian with Waterfall, Scizor uses another Superpower on Hippowdon and then gets Crunched down to about 1/4of HP. It then falls asleep, confirming than Hippowdon used Yawn before.

capture017ppjtg.png

Houndoom's Dark Pulse puts Whiscash down to critical HP before it sets up another Dragon Dance. Scizor is asleep, meaning it can't use roost, meaning it goes down to another Crunch from Hippowdon. Dammit. Whiscash then goes down to Burn damage.

capture0180tkw6.png

Houndoom uses a Dark Pulse on Gyarados, dealing less than half HP, before losing half himself to Kecleon's Thunder Punch. Gyarados sets up Dragon Dance, Hippowdon... did something. Probably Yawn again.

Next turn another, crit Dark Pulse luckily KO's Gyarados, followed by Houndoom going down to another Thunder Punch.

capture019wcjrn.png

I correctly predict Tyranitar and have Arcanine destroy it with Close Combat. Kecleon hits another Thunderpunch.

capture020ksk5c.png

Unfortunately Excadrill has Sand Rush, so I guess Arcanine will have to go down while I revive Guardian. Excadrill's Rock Slide KO's Arcanine, but deals only little damage to Hippowdon. Kecleon does something, then Hippowdon uses Yawn on Excadrill.

capture0216tkvo.png

Guardian once again brings the Heat - both enemies go down to Heat Wave.

capture022ccjqn.png
Another Heat Wave burns Slowbro and deals 1/3 HP damage to Mandibuzz, before Guardian goes down to the latter's Foul Play. Hippowdon uses a weak Crunch on Slowbro before tanking a not much stronger Scald.

capture023xfjty.png

Pyroar's Hyper Voice puts Slowbro to critical HP and deals some damage to Mandibuzz. The latter then lowers her Sp.Atk. with Snarl while hippowdon KO's Slowbro with Crunch.

capture024tuk4g.png

Another Hyper Voice deals some damage to both enemies, then Hippowdon finally goes down to Foul Play. Pyroar tanks a Flamethrower from Eelektross.

capture025z0kyi.png

Another Metronome-boosted Hyper Voice finally takes out Mandibuzz, while Torterra puts Eelektross to critical HP with Superpower. Pyroar then goes down to Eelektross's Thunderbolt.

capture026gjjpe.png

Solaris is down to only Garchomp, while John still has Eelektross and Magnezone. Florinia also still has all of her 'Mons except for Hippowdon while I am left with Chandelure and Typhlosion.

Garchomp quickly oneshots Chandelure with a crit Earthquake; Torterra takes the attack rather well and finishes off Eelektross with Wood Hammer.

capture027mwkwi.png

I sure hope Florinia can take out Garchomp by herself. Eruption at least oneshots Magnezone and deals good damage, more than a third of its HP, to Garchomp. Then, in a stroke of luck, Garchomp uses Fire fang on Torterra, leaving Typhlosion unharmed.

capture028w9ksp.png

Another Eruption puts Garchomp down to critical HP, then garchomp decides to Earthquake him; it's a crit, eliminating even the slimmest chance that he might be able to hold on. Tropius sets up a Dragon Dance and Drought fades.

Next turn Garchomp's Fire Fang deals half HP damage to Tropius before it goes down to Bodyslam.

capture029iqkba.png

capture030fcjl0.png

Meh, I dislike how this battle went, but I don't want to go through the grunts and Douchebag Duo again and again.

It's not an easy matchup anyway - Solaris has four Pokémon with Type Advantage over me, plus one that can tank my mostly Special-based offense. John's stupid Whiscash didn't help either. Fuck that thing. Florinia also at times felt like another handicap. If I could save before this battle I would have redone it, but I don't have the patience to go through that whole gauntlet every time just because I'm not satisfied with how I won.

One last thing to take care of today: go get Ciel's Badge so we can use Fly to get back to Reborn City. We once again make the trek back to Agate Circus where Ciel slips us a Battle Pass so we can challenge her. Cue Battle.

VS Skydancer Ciel

capture000c3k55.png

Spoiler

capture001rdk2h.png

Arcanine's Flare Blitz deals considerable damage to Togekiss and burns it; it uses Thunder Wave, but the paralysis gets healed by Arcanine's Cheri Berry.

The next two turns Arcanine keeps canceling the Hyper Potions' healing with Flare Blitz, but is brought down to critical HP himself by recoil. Ciel now uses her last Hyper Potion on Togekiss while I use one on Arcanine as well.

capture0029dkal.png

Another Flare Blitz puts Togekiss down to critical again before it paralyzes Arcanine with Thunder Wave. Togekiss just barely survives burn damage, but gets knocked out with Extreme Speed on the next turn.

capture003boj0y.png

Magcargo's Typing and her Charti Berry (weakens Rock) goad Archeops into Choice-locking itself into Earthquake; I switch Magcargo out for Houndoom holding an Air Balloon.

capture004vrjet.png

Houndoom's Dark Pulse knocks Archeops down to 1/3 HP while it fails another Earthquake. Next turn Ciels witches out for Noivern while Houndoom sets up Nasty Plot. Houndoom then just barely manages to take one Field-boosted Boomburst before hitting Noivern with Dark Pulse.

capture005tvk73.png

Sucker Punch brings it down to a pixel of HP, then Houndoom goes down to Dragon Pulse.

capture006hkkqf.png

Arcanine finishes it with Extreme Speed.

capture007chkqa.png

Another Extreme Speed brings Archeops down to critical HP and it KO's Arcanine with Rock Slide.

capture008azjs0.png

Typhlosion finishes it off with Flamethrower.

capture00983j1u.png

Gliscor can be kind of dangerous, so Typhlosion brings out the Eruption-nuke. It deals heavy damage, but Gliscor survives and oneshots Typhlosion with Earthquake.

capture010mwjj0.png

A Field-boosted Hyper Voice finishes off Gliscor.

capture011fdkya.png

Talonflame sets up Swords Dance, but Ancient Power is a OHKO.

capture012zgklw.png

Final Act - Hyper Voice vs Hyper Voice!

...except Altaria uses Earthquake instead, OHKO'ing Pyroar. Way to ruin the epic moment, Ciel.

capture013ayjjf.png

Chandelure takes a Hyper Voice and finishes off Altaria with Shadow Ball.

capture014otjrb.png

Took a few tries until I got the right sequence to take out Archeops, Noivern and Talonflame witout too many losses, but overall not too troublesome.

For this battle we got the Suspension Badge, raising our Level Cap again, as well as the powerfull TM Acrobatics. Shame most of my Pokémon are Special.

Well that's it for today. Plenty of content for one update, I'd say. Next update may take some time since I'm plannign to collect a bunch of things before heading for the enxt story sequence.

Until then, see ya!

Before returning to the City we head back into the WTC to pick up this little guy:

Spoiler

capture000wor9r.png

Right now I'm not planning to use him - my team is already very Special-focused as it is - but if I at some point decide that STAB Psychic would be useful, or if I ever decide to retire one of the current team members he might show up.

Next we complete a chain of sidequests, culminating in finally getting some Grass Coverage in the form of Solar Beam. That's going to be incredibly useful - no more Water-Types threatening my entire team!

With that done we head straight for the Devon raid; the Boss gauntlet here starts out with Victoria, cue Battle

VS Apprentice Victoria V

capture001w7qn5.png

Spoiler

capture0029hryf.png

Arcanine's Intimidate lowers Mienshao's Atk, then he gets switched out for Chandelure, causing High Jump Kick to fail. For some reason Mienshao doesn't get damaged though.

capture0033jq5k.png

Chandelure takes a Knock Off with critical HP remaining and then OHKO's Mienshao with Flamethrower.

capture0040fpnb.png

Arcanine and Scrafty Intimidate each other, then Arcanine deals less than half HP damage with Flare Blitz while recoild+Scrafty's thunder Punch deal about the same to Arcanine.

Next turn Scrafty goes down to a Gem-boosted Close Combat.

capture005o3qu9.png

Arcanine stays in to deal some damage with Outrage, then goes down to ZenHeadbutt.

capture006mqq9p.png

Typhlosion takes it out with Eruption.

capture007p6q5j.png

I still have no idea why in hell she has a Togekiss now. It doesn't even cover her weaknesses.

Magcargo tanks an Aura Spehere thanks to her Chople Berry and sets up Shell Smash. Ancient Power on the next turn is a OHKO.

capture0082eqk2.png

Lucario goes down to Flamethrower.

capture009gopqj.png

Emboar manages to take Earth Power with critical HP and KO's Magcargo with Earthquake, breaking the Field in the process.

capture0106rq54.png

A Field-boosted Shadow Ball finishes it off - Victoria didn't even try to heal, probably thought she wouild've been able to finish off Chandelure before needing to heal.

capture011atrkd.png

Most of her team is easy to deal with - only Mienshao is a threat with its high Speed and power. The fact that it apparentally chose moves completely at random didn't help with strategy.

After a floor consisting entirely of conveyor belt puzzles we reach the next step of the Boss Gauntlet. Cue Battle

VS DJ Arclight

capture0000ooch.png

Spoiler

capture00128ocs.png

Luxray's Intimidate doesn't exactly matter to Typhlosion and he Eruptions his foe down to critical HP. Luxray's Superpower in turn deals good damage to him.

Next turn Arclight attempts to heal with an Ultra Potion, but Luxray goes down to Flamethrower anyway.

capture002cqrq0.png

Arcanine one-shots it with Close Combat.

capture00346r5b.png

Magcargo tanks a Hurricane with half her HP remaining and, of course, sets up Shell Smash. Unfortunately Noivern is still faster and takes her out with Dragon Pulse.

capture004wgrys.png

Arcanine takes a dragon Pulse before one-shotting Noivern with Outrage.

Due to Outrage I can't switch, so Arcanine has to take a Shadow Ball fom Jolteon, although his second Outrage also knocks it down to critical HP before he get confused.

capture005iqrtq.png

Arc heals again, but Extreme Speed puts Jolteon back down to critical HP. Unfortunately Arcanine then KO's himself when attempting to use another Extreme Speed.

capture006puogw.png

Houndoom finishes it off with Sucker Punch.

capture007wirtl.png

Typhlosion's Flamethrower deals heavy damage, putting Raichu down to critical HP, before he goes down to Thunderbolt.

capture008x6okm.png

Sucker Punch finishes off this one as well.

capture009doq2j.png

Arclight has only Ampharos left now-

capture0104zqsn.png

Or rather, Mega-Ampharos. Houndoom's Dark Pulse deals about a quarter of its HP damage while Zap Cannon misses.

Another, crit Dark Pulse brings Ampharos down to critical HP, but Houndoom gets OHKO'd with Zap Cannon this time.

capture011tbodv.png

Chandelure finishes it off with Shadow Ball.

capture01242pz8.png

Not much to say here; his team is mostly Electric Types, so he gets somewhat of a boost on the Factory Field, but for the most part my team still had more power. He doesn't really have anything bulky in his team either aside from Ampharos, so this battle was just a lot of OHKOs and "down to critical HP"s.

After a whole lot more conveyor belts, as well as a scene with Lin and Ame, we reach the top floor of this place, where ZEL is freaking out about some systems having gone haywire. They're pretty agitated and attack us. Cue Battle

VS Meteor Admin ZEL IV

capture000sfova.png

Spoiler

capture0016zozs.png

Aurorus is holding a Focus Sash, so Arcanine first has to chip at it with Extreme Speed once and tank an Ice Beam+hail damage before he can destroy it with Close Combat.

capture002qmrgq.png

Houndoom tanks a Field-boosted Charge Beam, then one-shots Alakazam with Dark Pulse.

capture003qlr78.png

Typhlosion's Eruption misses, allowing Glaceon to put him into critical HP with a crit Blizzard. A Blaze-boosted Flamethrower on the next turn destroys it anyway.

The hail Aurorus called up stops now.

capture0043jpj8.png

Houndoom outspeeds and knocks Espeon down to critical HP with Dark Pulse; Dazzling Gleam then does the same to him.

ZEL then spends two turns trying to heal with Hyper Potions, but Espeon goes down without getting to do anything anyway.

capture005k0r86.png

From experience Umbreon is more weaker to Physical attacks than Special ones, so here's Arcanine. Close Combat puts it down to about 1/3 of HP before Leftovers, then he goes down to Foul Play.

capture006f1p9m.png

It manages to take a Blaze-boosted Flamethrower with a sliver of HP remaining and knocks out Typhlosion with another Foul Play...

capture007vfps5.png

Another Flamethrower takes it out this time.

capture008djp1p.png

capture009hro1p.png

That leaves only PULSE Magnezone; it's fairly tanky and quite powerful, but also a Steel-Type up against a bunch of fire Types, so this is pretty much over.

Pyroar's slightly Metronome-boosted Flamethrower deals about 2/3 of HP damage before she herself gets OHKO'd by Discharge.

capture010i4rpe.png

Another Flamethrower takes it out.

capture011hao29.png

"...always love you."

Pretty easy battle, victory on the first try. I was a little worried about Alakazam and Espeon, since they're pretty fast and have ways to make use of the Field, but Houndoom countered them very well.

An explosion wrecks the room, including Magnezone and its PULSE machine. ZERO has a minor freakout, then he leaves for Agate.

We head for the exit as well, picking up the somewhat mangled, but alive trio of Victoria, Adrienn and Arclight on the way.

That leaves only the Gym Battle with Adrienn now, but I'll get to that some other time.

Until then, see ya!