Hardest Boss?

Rain Spectre

50 minutes ago, Combat said:

Once I realized Absol learns Perish Song, all of the single boss battles (like the PULSE and Mewtwo) became a joke. Just wait it out and you'll be fine.

come on , where is your soul ? :D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developers
48 minutes ago, Monsieur Divergent said:

COREY. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME

I've done quite a few runs over the years, but I've only successfully kept two runs due to Corey. His battle has always proven to be difficult for me because of the following reasons:

(1) Field - both of his fields either poison your team to death or damage it to death

(2) Pokemon - his pokemon are strong in their own regards, and although they aren't exactly hard hitters, they slowly pick off damage.

(3) Ace - Crobat destroys your team easily due to them already being weak from battling his other mons. Crobat easily picks off everything you have.

(4) Available Pokemon - The available choices don't exactly help; I can only name a few which could prove to be useful against him.

Yeah Corey does have quite a few of tricks up his sleave. I think I read somewhere he is meant to be a bit harder than normal gym leader in the mist field because you kind of pissed him off by revealing his secret.

However I never found him particularly difficult. All you need against him are good counter pokemon. Munsharna and Meowstic are both very good psychic types for this part of the game and are very helpful against Corey. Another good counter is Donphan with Magnitude. These three you probably expected as they're the obvious and usual choices against Corey. Lastly there is Sudowoodo who is probably the best counter against his Crobat - accidently found that out in my Reborn Hardcore run. The Crobat felt like just another annoying but harmless bat.

Corey and Ciel. Crobat has swept through my team several times. I'm not even mad, though, I like how the field is different depending on if you found the officers or not. Ciel, on the other hand, is extremely painful to battle against if you're not completely counter-teaming her. A couple of times I've just started the battle with something that can take Togekiss' attacks, use pretty much all of my X-items on my mon and then proceed to tear her team apart. Funny thing is, I found Hardcore Ciel way easier than her counterpart in regular Reborn.

@Zargerth I share your feelings about Ciel. Check how I defeated her in my Bug-monorun... Took god knows how many tries to come up with a proper strategy. She is literally hella difficult if you don't have counters to her every ace.

19 minutes ago, Jess said:

@Zargerth I share your feelings about Ciel. Check how I defeated her in my Bug-monorun... Took god knows how many tries to come up with a proper strategy. She is literally hella difficult if you don't have counters to her every ace.

That's really impressive, considering the disadvantage you're in. Shell Smash is godsend in that battle. Did you get Larvesta from the Mystery Egg? All I ever got form it was Rhyhorn, lol.

I wonder why Rock Tomb was replaced with Sandstorm in Episode 16.  This is, in my opinion, unnecessary indirect buff to Ciel. Now that one of the few coverage moves you can get against her is either axed or moved, you need to rely (even) more on counterpicks, namely Steel- and Rock-types for the most part.

@Zargerth LOL, yes, I got Rhyhorn too... But asked in online play section and someone traded me a Larvesta egg! 3 runs I've done, 2 Rhyhorns I've got...

5 minutes ago, Zargerth said:

I wonder why Rock Tomb was replaced with Sandstorm in Episode 16.  This is, in my opinion, unnecessary indirect buff to Ciel.

I am not sure whether this is true about Rock Tomb. I think you find both this and Sandstorm in WTC now, just in different spots (Rock Tomb somewhere far right on a platform and Sandstorm at the spot that an underground gate to meteor site existed in previous episodes). Am I correct?

Edited by Jess

1 minute ago, Jess said:

@Zargerth LOL, yes, I got Rhyhorn too... But asked in online play section and someone traded me a Larvesta egg! 3 runs I've done, 2 Rhyhorns I've got...

Yes, this is true about Rock Tomb. I think you find both this and Sandstorm in WTC now, am I correct?

I found only the TM for Sandstorm, from the spot where Rock Tomb used to be. Maybe I need to go back and see if I really missed Rock Tomb.

3 minutes ago, Zargerth said:

Maybe I need to go back and see if I really missed Rock Tomb.

I checked and it is in my inventory. I am 100% sure i found it on a platform at the far right of some room in Water treatment centre. It isn't visible during surfing, so check all platforms. It is easy to miss.

On 2017-4-30 at 4:26 PM, Monsieur Divergent said:

I've done quite a few runs over the years, but I've only successfully kept two runs due to Corey. His battle has always proven to be difficult for me because of the following reasons:

(1) Field - both of his fields either poison your team to death or damage it to death

(2) Pokemon - his pokemon are strong in their own regards, and although they aren't exactly hard hitters, they slowly pick off damage.

(3) Ace - Crobat destroys your team easily due to them already being weak from battling his other mons. Crobat easily picks off everything you have.

(4) Available Pokemon - The available choices don't exactly help; I can only name a few which could prove to be useful against him.

To tell you the truth, there are pokemon you can get that counter crobat, on the poisonous mist field crobat cant do anything to steel types, so just catch one and thrain it a little and you can win. Skrelp is the same, if you have a steel you have a check against those 2, now you have 5 other pokemon for 4 of his. The only thing is you have to keep the mist

Yeah. I knew all along that this would be the solution,  but I'm kinda picky when it comes to picking pokemon I'd like to use, so if I don't like it much, I'm not one to extend the effort to train that pokemon. I also am not too into grinding and the like, although I do it for the sake of moving on with the story. So, I guess that's me :P

19 minutes ago, Monsieur Divergent said:

Yeah. I knew all along that this would be the solution,  but I'm kinda picky when it comes to picking pokemon I'd like to use, so if I don't like it much, I'm not one to extend the effort to train that pokemon. I also am not too into grinding and the like, although I do it for the sake of moving on with the story. So, I guess that's me :P

I understand it. But that only limits your choice and makes some gym battles worse than they are (I am like you, I normaly only use pokemon I like, but after playing and having to use some pokemon I dont like, I began to like them a lot, looking at you scrafty, he is now one of my aces)

2 minutes ago, Anti_Hero said:

I understand it. But that only limits your choice and makes some gym battles worse than they are (I am like you, I normaly only use pokemon I like, but after playing and having to use some pokemon I dont like, I began to like them a lot, looking at you scrafty, he is now one of my aces)

Yeah. I've grown to like other pokemon as I progressed through Reborn. I appreciated Seaking, Swanna, and Ludicolo in my mono water run while Ampharos and Pangoro were good additions to my normal run at one point.

5 hours ago, Monsieur Divergent said:

I appreciated Seaking, Swanna, and Ludicolo in my mono water run while Ampharos and Pangoro were good additions to my normal run at one point.

Shiny Swanna in my shiny run... I swear to God, Hurricane never missed and confused half of the time... She was truly worthy of the nickname Duckess! Absolute ace.

On 4/30/2017 at 10:26 PM, Monsieur Divergent said:

I recently beat him with a team of Meowstic, Pachirisu, Kricketune, Koffing, Roselia, Loudred. Obviously, Meowstic is the MVP here. And I took Crobat out with Koffing's selfdestruct.

My hardest battle is Kiki. I still having trouble defeating her though I have Granbull and Meowstic on my team. 

1 hour ago, DongDenny said:

I recently beat him with a team of Meowstic, Pachirisu, Kricketune, Koffing, Roselia, Loudred. Obviously, Meowstic is the MVP here. And I took Crobat out with Koffing's selfdestruct.

My hardest battle is Kiki. I still having trouble defeating her though I have Granbull and Meowstic on my team. 

I basically disliked Corey battle because it somehow forced me to have a full team of 6, even if I didn't want to do so yet.

Kiki wasn't that hard for me to defeat. It was kinda easy to abuse the field with flying moves while simply using special moves can be beneficial to me.

On my new playthrough (accidentally deleted the old one i had from trying to copy files to start a new one) I havent had much trouble. Everybody will have their opinions on this based on the team they have. For me It would either be Noel, Adrienn or Sierra. Honorable mentions go out to blake and his snow team though.

Personaly my nightmare was Ciel because I was struggling with all those resets and once a I reached her last pokemon She threw her Altaria to crush my hopes and I was like "I was not prepared for this... T-T"

i finished hardcore reborn , all boss are tough and difficult to take down. My nightmare was pulse swalot , dat thing was just horrible : 

1 ) lvl 90 ( + 10 lvl  than original reborn ) 

2 ) ground attacks are useless cause of the field

3 ) tanky as fuck and he one shot with poison attacks boosted by the field

4 ) you know leftovers ? his ability allow him to regen 3 * more than a leftovers 

if you don't have Perish Song or something like that , good luck. 

Edited by Zarc

3 hours ago, Zarc said:

i finished hardcore reborn , all boss are tough and difficult to take down. My nightmare was pulse swalot , dat thing was just horrible : 

1 ) lvl 90 ( + 10 lvl  than original reborn ) 

2 ) ground attacks are useless cause of the field

3 ) tanky as fuck and he one shot with poison attacks boosted by the field

4 ) you know leftovers ? his ability allow him to regen 3 * more than a leftovers 

if you don't have Perish Song or something like that , good luck. 

lol yea. i always use perish song against it :3

Edited by Azzy