How Strong is Lin's Hydreigon?™: An Analysis [E16 SPOILERS]

Despair Syndrome

• Global Mods

E16's TV event is Amaria being challenged by a league official to see if she's still okay to battle despite her memory loss. She 6-0s the official.

It's not mentioned who the official was, but in the online league that was Ame (and it was Ludicolo who did the 6-0'ing). That being said, I imagine in-game Ame would try to play on an equal standing to her if it was a test, so she might not have brought her strongest team, and Amaria also presumably had the field to her advantage. 

3 hours ago, seki108 said:

According to a post on Amethyst's tumblr, Ame was made Reborn champion because she was responsible for setting up the Reborn League again.  She compared it to the Kakui situation in Sun and Moon.  Amethyst definitely implied she was not a champion level battler, since the title was honorary.

Main source: http://amethystblack.tumblr.com/post/156306081887/did-the-champion-become-the-champion-just-because

So I guess that settles it. I now think Ame (in-game) could make use of some more character development here or there, e.g. explaining the above, so we dont get hit with E16 ''situation'' totally out of the blue like that. Some small talks in Opal center, or showing up in few places; after all, Administrator should be interested sometimes what`s happening. I know it`s in opposite to (real) Ame regret to put her presence in the game, but just for the sake of consistency?

Just out of curiosity and off-topic, does anybody know, for how long renewed Reborn league has been running before we arrived? Any timeframes? How long did it take to Meteor to start attacks, after reestabilishing administration.

3 hours ago, Farnsworth said:

That isn't necessarily true, she could still be a very strong trainer. After all she was the one who brought all the powerful leaders to form the league again. Not to mention if she truly was weaker than some of the leaders and the E4, then someone would already have taken the title of champion from her. I believe the leaders and E4 have the right to challenge the champion for their title (at least in the official games they do). So at the very least Ame was the strongest trainer in the Reborn League.

Sure, but if this title was honorary, E4 and leaders may wanted to just wait for the very first competitor, able to obtain the title in normal way, beating them all. Anyway, I guess somebody other was planned to be the Champion (Anna? Lin herself?), but when Ame saw opportunity to remove her from the game, she used it. Sadly, it caused a lot of... disturbances. Story lost some integrity.

Edited by example

8 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Additionally, a few weeks before the release of E16 Ame posted the sprite sheet for Alolan Ninetales on her twitter, which I don't see meriting that kind of reveal if it was a normal shiny Ninetales. Plus Reborn's shiny Ninetales is purple, not light blue. Ame has also mentioned wanting Alolan Ninetales by her side at all times. So it's definitely Alolan and not a shiny of Ninetales' regular form. 

Ahh, well i don't use twitter XD

To be honest, unless Lin's Hydreigon exceeds the level cap, I should be able to one shot it with my Modest Gardevoir using a Life Orb or something; no Mega Evolution needed, to be frank. Throughout each of my playthroughs of Reborn, I've IV/EV train my Gardevoir, and other key pokemon on my team, so Lin's Hydreigon shouldn't be a challenge. Unless, of course, it gets a Pulse Mega Evolu. . .  Oh. . . 

• 1 month later...

If Lin attacks with Flash cannon on a circuit field there's a way to repel this:

1. Have a Mawile hold a Babiri berry, that should weaken the damage by Flash Cannon.

2.Have a figting type, since Hydreigon is weak to that (right?).

3.Have a Mamoswine with focus stash.

4.Have an pokemon that knows dazzling gleam, plus great speed or with Speed Claw.

5.Any fairy type hold a focus stash or a baribi berry and shall do fine.

Of course those are hypothetical ways, not saying it is the actual way, but hey , might be usefull

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/17/2017 at 8:06 AM, Samapi said:

To be honest, unless Lin's Hydreigon exceeds the level cap, I should be able to one shot it with my Modest Gardevoir using a Life Orb or something; no Mega Evolution needed, to be frank. Throughout each of my playthroughs of Reborn, I've IV/EV train my Gardevoir, and other key pokemon on my team, so Lin's Hydreigon shouldn't be a challenge. Unless, of course, it gets a Pulse Mega Evolu. . .  Oh. . . 

Yes, that pulse would be a living nightmare...

They're in a normal factory field btw.

When Hydreigon uses Flash cannon it says "ATTACK SEQUENCE INITIATE" which is the factory field's way of letting you know the attack was boosted. In the short circuit field it's "The attack picked up electricity!"

Lin as also one of my favorite characters , it change to see a woman in charge of an evil team , and she is quite badass. 

We have to wait and see , i hope we're going to face her soon to discover her team