Most recent gym surprise [spoiler-ish]

Leon99

Now i understand that this is completely and utterly irrelevant to most and probably shouldnt be getting typed, but its 4am and i just beat the gym while simply testing the waters to see what mons it had and the levels and how the random team i through together might work on it, as such i felt an impressive need to spread this fact and the way (ish) that i did it. No not bragging just really surprised and had to type it out for someone, anyone, to read.

alright... to start with, my lead was

Spoiler

metagross (69) and klingklang (76) just went full generic and powered into the gardevoir (I warned you it had spoilers) through reasons beyond my control klingklang got taken out and i tossed in samurott and used aqua tail on the mawile as i meteor mashed everything else that came out, for some reason they didnt find it worth taking out my metagross... strange right?

and... well... thats actually it... thus the reason i was so surprised... it usually takes 5-8 attempts for me to make a team and get the levels all cozy for reborn gyms heck took me that many tries to get through the prior area....

if anyone else had a different experience or an easier one or just an interesting one type it up, i want to see how others dealt with this

First congrats with your victory.

Well, I have had 2 teams and each required 4~5 tries and 2 tries respectively.

Spoiler

The first team was a stall team with toxic spikes and was basically countered by the field. Even then I only lost because I was fooling around, when I applied the strategies ( use hurricane, apply toxic spikes, burn the mawile and subseed to victory) I had planned before, I won.

The second team only took 2 times, the first try I immediately stopped because I had my lead order wrong (not the lead itself but just the position of the two mon). I traced intimidate with gardevoir and calm minded to victory. When the mawile came in, I switched into arcanine. Basically I used his strategy but better. Still strange that a dragon type did so great in a fairy gym.

8 hours ago, Amine elhedhili said:

I used my level 100 linoone (Hodor) and claimed victory  lol

Wait... what... why do you have a level 100 linoone? How did it not kill itself from ignoring orders? I'm so confused

and @FairFamily I'm pretty interested in that. I just muscled through but you seem to have thought it out before hand. So +6 grade our sweep with the second one healing gradevoir when needed? I was just clicking gear grind and meteor mash till they used hurricane then I kept seeing "meteor mash! FOR JUSTICE" and laughed as they made me stronger

Edited by Leon99

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, Leon99 said:

Wait... what... why do you have a level 100 linoone? How did it not kill itself from ignoring orders? I'm so confused

and @FairFamily I'm pretty interested in that. I just muscled through but you seem to have thought it out before hand. So +6 grade our sweep with the second one healing gradevoir when needed? I was just clicking gear grind and meteor mash till they used hurricane then I kept seeing "meteor mash! FOR JUSTICE" and laughed as they made me stronger

Pokemon that disobey ignore orders sometimes, but not always. I started being overleveled before even Julia, and it wasn't until E16 that I decided I was tired of the disobedience and made an effort to stay in the level cap.

On 03/02/2017 at 8:54 PM, Leon99 said:

He didn't disobey much, he used covet and baby doll eyes

8 hours ago, Leon99 said:

Spoiler

Well gardevoir can heal perfectly fine with draining kiss. But no I think I went +3~4 because at point when stored power is used little survives that. The second part of the strategy was to neutralize grandbull with intimidates while putting offensive pressure on the other half of his team. -2 and that grandbull is doing nothing.

Edited by FairFamily