FE Heroes Friend ID and Discussion Topic

Maelstrom

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So do I honestly, I low key like her. It'd probably work, and using a unit that you like is way better than using a unit that's good, but I was just talking from an objective standpoint looking at it as an attempt to make the build somehow more effective.

Since I had access to May quests, I was able to get the full twenty orbs needed to do a full five pulls. I went with Hero Fest, since it had better overall characters and a higher rate, and ended up getting an Azura!

Then, I went for a colorless one and got another five star Faye. This makes my third one I think? What?

Sheena can actually be really good with investment. You'll need distant counter (Hector), Quick Riposte (Klein), Bonfire/Ignis (A!Tiki, Henry), and Pivot (Cherche iirc).

final product: A better wall than the current POTUS will ever build.

I've concluded that I'll sac Hector, but I want his HM first. 

Also, from now until the mages gauntlet I'm gonna save so I can pull red for Leo. with Takumi's Close Counter he could make a great tank, plus it makes sense--Dark Knights can equip swords too, after all.

I'd rather get Hector Sheena's shield skill than sacrifice him to give Sheena distant counter. He's far and away one of the best Knights in the game and Sheena is essentially the same unit with a unique skill in exchange for another and a personal weapon. In other words, Armads solidifies Hector's superiority. 

Its also worth mentioning that movement issues make most AI-Knights laughable, with the troublesome AI controlled Knights coming with command skills that fix said movement issues (see:Zephiel GHB). It's one of the reasons I gave Hector Pivot. It allows him to leapfrog another unit and gives him extra move.

I guess Sheena is a typical defense knight, while Hector is more like Green Effie in the sense that attacking him is generally a risky play for the unit involved. If I want straight bulk - give me Lukas who can at least move farther and has Obstruct and Fortress Defense.

---

A better sacrifice for Quick Riposte is Subaki, because Klein and Leo are both great units. The only issue though is that all of them need to be 5* units to get access to Quick Riposte 3. That's a decent enough argument to sacrifice Klein if you can pull him at 5 stars.

---

Xander has been leaked. Somewhat.

Seigfried - supposedly counters at range, a la Ragnell and Raijinto.

Armored Blow.

Spur Def.

Great Attack and Defense. Not very fast.

GHB = always Neutral.

Probably a fantastic addition to Horse Emblem and can compete with Magic cavaliers due to Siegfried for a spot.

Yeah @Chase The deal with Sheena v. Hector is this: Hector may have better attack and defense, but Sheena has better speed and MUCH better res, so she's much tankier overall. With the given setup, you can do what Hector does, not only to melee units and archers (who tend to have higher defense) but also to mages! She can wall pretty much anything! Also IMO Sheena's unique A skill is pretty useless, because nobody runs anti-armor weapons except the AI.

RE: Xander: I am so psyched! He's gonna be the lynchpin of my Horse Emblem team. Probably going to inherit Bonfire/Moonbow, Reposition, Fury, Vantage, and Hone Cavalry onto him, I've had a Lon'qu and Barst saved for him since forever ago. Still gonna need either Hinata or 20k feathers for Bartre, along with 42k to get him to 5*+1. So, between 44k and 66k feathers for full build, nbd lol

Also, now is a good time to remind everyone that you can learn skills on copies and then fuse them to get the skill for "free", allowing you to double-dip on level-up sp. Probably gonna do that for Luna/Moonbow at least, might also pass on QR and a different A skill so I can have two Xander builds. Maybe Deathblow?

Edited by doombotmecha

Xander you're going to want bulky offensive. Heroes is very generous with his power as he'll reach 48 Attack at 40 as opposed to a decent 37 defense (with the weapon equipped - I don't know Sieg's might.)

Armored Blow is worth consideration though. Fury and Death Blow are decent if you are wanting more power - the former is viable because Xander is quite beefy, but it does limit his physical tanking ability.

If you're into shove or smite strats, a defensive Xander could use those to save an Olwen, Ursula, or a Healer. Otherwise Xander likes reposition.

Hit and Run from Clair would be funny on Xander, along with Drag Back. If you want to use him outside of Horse Emblem these are fun to consider.

RE: Reposition: Yeah that's what barst is for. Pretty much my favorite movement assist, nearly as powerful as Dance.

Armored Blow looks to be his default, so yeah I could stick with that. I'm already using fury (though I'm wary of combining it with QR), and if I pull death blow fodder I'll need it for Brave Frederick, who's gonna be my other physical horse, or my +atk -spd Reinhardt for defense wins. Still waffling on QR or default Wings of Mercy, however--Since he's gonna carry Reposition too, I'll need him as much to save my over-extended mages as anything else. Plus, Two of my team is gonna have Fury, so they'll be in range to save often. 

Full team is (hopefully) Xander/Ursula (or Rein)/Freddy/Leo, with Close Counter/QR on Leo to serve as a third tank, as well as a Hector-buster. Sometimes I wish that QR functioned like a brave weapon, so Leo could outspeed and quad Hector on the counter....

edit: new arena season (tomorrow) is gonna be the Ike banner+Zephiel, Barst, Clarine, Anna, and somebody else...

also, just had a hair-raising match, was taking an underleveled (abt lvl 20-22) team into arena of 4* Navarre/Michalis/Donnel/Fae, ran into merged Ryoma, Takumi, and Hector, supported by a Sakura who nearly cost me the match. Thank god Takumi didn't have close counter....Ryoma also cleanly OHKO'd Navarre :(

ended up with just Sakura and Hector, kited Hector around to get at Sakura, killed her, then just kited around the map, letting Fae get hit and then retreating to trigger Renewal. My god.

Other teams: level 15-ish Takumi/5* Fae/5* Selena/4* Effie (aka Team Threatening, stupid tough on defense), level 29-30 Azura/4*Zephiel/4* Nino/4* A!Tiki (loves archers, hates cavalry), level 30 Minerva/5* Chrom/4* Kagero/4* Lissa (Lissa is literally only there to tank mages, but her healing does work for the others), and lastly my classic Tharja/Ephraim/Olivia/Anna blade mage team.

Edited by doombotmecha

I don't believe Xander gets Wings of Mercy by default. 

I was also thinking. Ardent Sacrifice may not be too bad on Xander if you decide not to run Fury. He has the physical bulk and HP for it to help your magic users without putting himself at risk. You would have to get rid of Reposition though as well. So it may not be the build you were looking for - just for all of us to consider. I think Ardent Sac is a neat skill and Xander or someone running it seems more efficient then having a cleric cavalier at the moment.

RE: Wings of Mercy: I meant Frederick. Xander's getting Vantage to exploit Distant Counter.

Oh yeah, and because this is a 5* exclusive sword, it's probably gonna be 16 mt. 

RE: Ardent Sacrifice: I'm not a fan. I'd rather use Fury to lower his hp, and frankly as the frontline tank he needs healing more than the mages. I don't think a cav healer is too bad with Hone Cavalry, since you can get picks on low-res targets and keep the tank you're attatched too healthy. Be really funny IMO if you gave both WoM, so they could zoom across the map to 1. tank and 2. heal up the injured unit. I also feel like AS is too little healing to really make a difference. So, yeah, Reposition is my favorite for this. Just run up, snipe somebody with a horse mage, and the Reposition to get the mage to safety. I might also put Repo on Ursula and Leo, just so Xan/Fred can run up, sniper a mage or flier, and then retreat from the dragon/mage behind them, 'specially on leo since I'm giving him CC.

oh yeah, and the last bonus arena unit is gonna be Felicia. I actually have her at about level 33, despite what everyone says I love her for her ability to kill mages, +glacies is silly on her, +breath of life is so much fun to play with.

Lastly, please please please let Titania be a 4* base after her banner ends, she would be excellent to replace Frederick on my Horse Emblem team, for a great res tank for Nowi/F!Corrin/Rein/Linde.

Edited by doombotmecha

I wonder who will be in the battling Xander banner. I have not seen news of it yet.

First guess: Raigh!!! (Just sub his name in. Wrong child dark mage.)

Reasoning: Henry is a mage that doesn't suffer a weakness to Xander's sword (albeit same color so no advantage either) that can hit for Resistance, which the Paragon Knight lacks greatly. He also is the only pay-to-play mage to carry a wolf tome, which is super effective against Ponies. (The other mages, Robinne and Ursula, are GHB units.)

Contrary: He doesn't really like Siegfried's ranged counterattack, but he's a bulkier mage.

Second Guess: Corrin(ne)

Either Corrin holds significant Fates story presence alongside Xander, making them fairly likely. Corrinne, as a dragon, is able to hit Xander's poor resistance and she holds the color advantage on all phases of the turn, while also de-buffing the whole map. Male Corrin on the other hand canonically sides with Hoshido in the Fates conflict - making for a story advantage over Corrinne. He also could be there to take on the Emblian henchmen - specifically green magic units - and buff your allies.

Eh, what makes all the five star heroes worth keeping is their weapon which is not only strongrr than most other weapon in the category, but it gives them an additional skill which the only reason Hector is better than Zephiel is you have to grind Zephiel and he does not come with Distant Counter. Both units are super good with investment. And the fact that Hector is regarded as one of the best despite the heavy skew in red says something.

From fighting Xander many times, I can tell you he is really tanky so raising him would be worth it. Personally I like Armored Blow over fury as while damage isn't as good, you take almost nothing from attacks. Young Tiki works well with that. Everyone has their own preference though. I really only dispose of extras, but I Hella regret merging my two Eirika now. This game knows how to play me.

As for the tower orbs, I'm pretty sure it won't be hard for me to get them all, but it will take a while. Calvary will be the biggest pain though Xander should help with that.

Third Guess: Ephriam

Reasoning: Ephriam has only been on two banners. His maiden voyage banner, and the very first Voting Gauntlet banner titled "Princes". He's a high interest pull many Heroes might say is due a comeback - and because of this, coupled with his natural bulk and weapon triangle advantage over Xander - another Prince with an affinity for siblings - E here could be on the next GHB banner.

Contrary: Possibly wishful thinking.

Fourth Guess: Oboro

Reasoning: Let's say Ephriam isn't the "hook" unit in the Battling Xander banner. Or let's say that our "bad" unit isn't Raigh. Oboro is a discount Ephriam who is also rocking lances (which Xander doesn't like with Seigfried equipped nearly as much as he might be okay with the Carrot Lance at his hip) along with Seal Defense. Oboro has two narrative gimmicks. One of those narrative gimmicks is that she's a Hoshidan unit who absolutely loathes Nohr (even having a personal skill that reflected such enmity) to the point where her face becomes nightmarish. This makes the seamstress and retainer of Takumi (who also loathes Nohr) a unit that seriously rattles Xander's two main pillars (Sword offense and being bulky) and has tangible plot to tie into the banner.

Contrary: The best contrarian reasonings would be that Oboro would need to break through Xander's stronger defense stat - and if you pull her, her Heavy Lance won't be all that helpful because Xander is just naturally bulky (or boosted merely by Armored Blow on Enemy Phase) Oboro would need Xander to have knight units on his map to utilize her stock weapon.

Well I see why Linde was picked as this grand hero battle made me realize the best counter to Xander ride on horses. As for a grand hero battle it is well built but the difficulty will grind down to whether or not you use calvary units. My team was Reinhardt, Young Tiki, Sharena, and Priscilla. You can see why it took a lot of attempts. If you have a tank nothing is too scary. Tiki endured like 5 attacks or quite a few.

As for Xander himself, he is pretty good. You could easily make him horse Hector as he has solid defence and HP with decent attack. I still recommend Zephiel over him, if you are willing to customize him, he will serve you well. Keep him far, far away from mages though. I have a few units with higher priorities but I probably will promote him.

32 minutes ago, Maximillion Pegasus said:

578-858-5771

restarted heroes 12 hours ago, @Maelstrom if you would be so kind to update the first post ty you da best

edit: managed to pull this today too, im happy

that's a mighty fine restart.

On that vein... let me show you you my latest summon session.

Even though I promised myself to save up the orbs...

I saved the only 2 red orbs for last. Can you tell?

Now I gotta check their IV's, but I'm ecstatic atm.

c8b97b6973744b708c851631f2a775dc.png

Edit:

@Maximillion Pegasus  Your ID numbers in the OP have been overwritten.

One Ike is +hp - res.

The other is -atk, + hp.

the +hp -res is my best ike of 3 so far, or so it seems atm.

Also, holy shit is the Lunatic Xander challenge ridiculous. ffffffff you.

I tried the awesome rate banner. I should have stopped at the first pull.

63424e235f614c5da02798eeea6bfe9a.png

wtf is sa 3* A tiki? When did these start to exist?

1c380a242dc048c2b650bb7a63090782.png

Turns out this Takumi is Neutral.

People are struggling with the Xander one? I thought it was the easiest one yet, just walked in there with Cordelia, Olwen, and Kagero and won first go without taking significant amounts of damage on anyone. I was really underwhelmed.

Stahl literally just sat in the corner and watched.

Also, to everyone pulling Ikes and Titanias, leave some for me. Please. I'm still over here pulling Hinata and Lon'qu.

@Sheep... who did you put up at sacrifice, and how did you move? Anybody I put in range pretty much died, except for a few configurations I don't remember. if you move anybody up on the left side, they get hit from all 3 weapon colors...

Edit: I just pulled a mist after trying to save red orbs for the last summons again.

Welp, at least I got the whole banner now??

I moved Kagero to the right and took out the sword user on the turn I initiated combat. Then their green mage attacked her over the wall and died too, while the spear user, healer, and Xander all moved in. Next turn I attacked the spear user with Kagero and killed him, attacked Xander with Olwen and killed him, and attacked the healer with Cordelia and killed her. Easiest GHB I've ever done.

22 minutes ago, Sheep said:

I moved Kagero to the right and took out the sword user on the turn I initiated combat. Then their green mage attacked her over the wall and died too, while the spear user, healer, and Xander all moved in. Next turn I attacked the spear user with Kagero and killed him, attacked Xander with Olwen and killed him, and attacked the healer with Cordelia and killed her. Easiest GHB I've ever done.

??? what do you have on your kagero, cuz mine doesn't orko the sword guy on lunatic. Not even close. 

And any dancer I bring in gets eaten by the green mage.

ab031dd7bedf418c9d7f2b9adfc4a1ae.png

I just beat Xander with my team and got him as a three star, and I'm not even going to attempt to do it on the hardest difficulty. His stage advantage is pretty nasty.

Now my real question, is how the heck does Wings of Mercy work? The internet seems adamant that it's a good thing to give Azura, but I still don't know how to activate it.

Wings of Mercy allows you to sacrifice your movement to teleport into a space adjacent to one of your wounded units instead. It only sacrifices your movement though so you're free to attack from that position, or use a support skill on the unit you just teleported to. Particularly good on dancers and healers.

• Support Squad

GHB is done. I grinded up Olivia to three stars just for Dance and tbh that's all I needed her for, it was kinda dumb. Ike tanked Xander, Green mage AND the spear user with Olwen backing him up (god bless aether). I did have Sheena tanking the sword guy because she could for a little bit but it just charged up the ignis and meant Ike couldn't finish. So I swapped her for Lucina, went full offence and with Olwen support killed him.

I like Ike.