FE Heroes Friend ID and Discussion Topic

Maelstrom

I've been wondering the same thing. I'm interested to see how it all plays out in mid March, but if we can just transfer whole skill trees I've got a level 1 Abel here ready to give Effie a Brave Lance. He was another failed attempt at Olwen.

Somewhat related, tfw your last two summoning arrays have had no blue slots in them.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

Maybe they've just done really well in the arena. It's theoretically possible to get like 7k a week from that 'cause the score section gives big payouts.

maybe if they score high enough to be ranked, which requires a straight 7 wins on hard?

I've been doing intermediate exclusively to get the monthly challenge rewards. This week I'm getting 1500 from offense and 400 from defense, and maybe it'll only let you scroll higher with a higher score, but it only shows 1600 feathers for getting 3001 points or greather.

How do you get 7k?

also, tfw you look at your roster and realize you have 3 x 4* Effies. Who should I give Death Blow to?

You'd need 7 straight wins on hard with a bonus points character on the team at least. I get 7 straight wins without one and I average around 1000 feathers a week from offense. There's a 5k payout for being top of the ladder though, that's where the bulk of it comes from.

Death Blow? Wouldn't it make more sense to use Effie for Wary Fighter? If you want to use her for Death Blow though, it synergizes well with brave weapon users. Twice the punch.

14 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

have you just been saving up feathers since the game started or did you really send that many units home?

Yes, I actually saved up my feathers. Didn't have any good reason to spend them yet. On another note, this.. her stats are a bit.. weird. Or is it just me? Is she even worth the trouble of training her?

Q5UOmmS.png

Edited by Inactivity

2 hours ago, Sheep said:

Effie? Effie is a monstrosity and you've got a -Spd, +Res one, so yes she will be very worth training. She'll have good physical and magical bulk and hit like a truck.

Ah, I was actually talking about Lachesis. I already decided to promote Effie. Don't think I'll regret it.

Lachesis is pretty disappointing. There are better healers (aka Azama, Lissa, and Wrys) but healers in general are pretty bad for anything other than helping train your other units. If it was Master Knight Lachesis she'd be tearing up the whole field but as she is here I wouldn't bother with her unless you have no better healers.

Effie is a wierd one to choose to get to 5* first though. I feel like I got a lot out of turning 2 and 3 star units into 4 star units.

I got a 4 star merric so I'm raising him up. promoted draug to 4* and working on him as well. Even got a 4* Cherche who seems to do alright.

Aside from Frederick, Kagero, Tiki, and Cecilia at lvl 40 already...

I've got these I'm working up towards 40 and have been my arena team this week.

takumi- 38 5*

Femui- 35 4*

Eirika- 34 5*

Elise- 32 5*

and then there's

Bartre, Caeda, and Camilla at 28

Shanna 26

Azama, and Bartre 25

Efie and Roy 24...

oh, that reminds me. I'll probably be posting in here, making a list of people I want with open slots for skills to fill via inheritance as well as low star fodder with potentially good inheritable skills. like Kagero, who has no C ability or a support ability, and 2* Mathew who could potentially give rogue dagger (wpn), poison strike (B skill), and hone speed (C skill).

Shanna'll be good for skills on your Peg Knight of choice. I'm looking at Desperation and Threaten Speed like Cordelia wants both of those. Elise will also be handy to give whichever healer you like most Live to Serve, unless you like her most. I really want to find a way to put Darting Blow on my Kagero, I feel like that'd make her a lot better.

True, darting blow would pretty much guarantee two hits on attack and that means death for so many units...

But yeah, if anything, I'd rather keep all my 5* units and add onto them instead of the other way around. I like Shanna as shanna, but desperation might be super OP on Takumi...

Anyways, I'll probably just edit the OP with my units, what they're missing, and what units i'm willing to give up who seem to have good abilities.

Desperation has the potential to break a lot of units. What's worse is even if you can only transfer the skill rather than the skill tree Shanna still gets Desperation 3 by 4*. The only thing that might save us from a meta where everyone and their mother is carrying Desperation is the talk I heard a while back about some dataminers who think lance users can only pass skills to other lance users and so on. Dunno if that's true, or even if it is if it's restricted to weapon types or colours. I'm interested to see how this all pans out.

Desperation probably won't be that crazy... it only works on your phase and you have to have the natural speed to double already otherwise it doesn't do anything. Brave Weapons actually fundamentally do the same exact thing on any number of HP ((since both attack go first.)) and any speed. So Brave Weapons themselves are basically better than Desperation. Desperation isn't that crazy really. It's better in conjunction with things that get benefits from being low ((like Defiant Attack)) or things that are already blazing fast but can take a hit and not crumple. 

I also highly highly doubt weapons are transferable... cause the unique weapons exist on a lot of 5*s and I don't see them making those transferable. ((cause like... giving people's signature weapons to other people seems beyond silly.))

We already know that signature skills won't be transferable, that was specified. I think that the fact that they did specify it implies that common weapon based skills will be transferable though.

Also as long as you're doubling Desperation is a brave weapon without the -5 speed, that's pretty great. Like really great considering that you already know everyone's going to be pushing the acceptable speed tier through the roof. Anyone that can get it is also going to have access to Threaten Speed and Ardent Sacrifice, making it even better.

6 minutes ago, Fabled Asian said:

What do you guys think of Reinhardt

I think he can be a really boring character to play in overwatch.

I have no idea. I did see someone post a pic of Rein doing ridiculous line damage to things earlier but I have no real idea how he plays as a unit in this game nor in his original FE game habitat. I could probably post Tiki doing something similar but that wouldn't say that much either.

Reinhardt kinda explodes fucking everything. The only issue with him is due to his BST being low... he actually ruins your arena scroing ((cause the scoring is stupid and works off BST. A.k.a, Fury just bieng on a character makes them worth more points to you.)) as a unit though he chews through a lot of stuff and hits hard. His speed is absymal ((to the point you want -Speed.)) but he always doubles since esstienally... he has a Brave Tome. ((does the same thing.))

On that point... it's true there is a trade off there, but there's jsut as many trade-offs with Desperation. Threaten Skills are sorta...not great on melee units anyway. You have to get hit the turn prior if anything is to be in range which might be too late. I jsut think that the potienal to have 4x hits etc... and functionally the same exact functionality of Desperation witout having to be low on HP... just makes Brave Weapons the superior option. I jsut don't think Desperation is that broken. Lyn has it, and while she's good she's not top tier in sword units. Desperation is jsut not that good man. It's good but it's not broken by any means. Like... it jsut isn't.

reinhardt buffs horses, so if you pull gunter and get cecilia from the daily mission today, you'd be off to a nice start. I've seen a team with them and Eldigan, Stahl has low res but he's a budget option.

on a more personal note--I finally got female Corrin! Unfortunately, she's still only three stars, so I'll have to rarify her, as well as unlock Dark Breath. still! the thing I have been seeking so long is in my phone at last!

I also got Cordelia (aka Flying Pyrrha) and Beruka, so +1 RWBY and +1 Nohr retainers. sweet!

I took my current cavalry team (Jagen, Stahl, Cecilia, and Felicia) into the arena, and it was...alright. I kept losing people. nearly all of those units are squishy one way or another.

19 hours ago, Fabled Asian said:

What do you guys think of Reinhardt, I just pulled him and he's go +Atk - Def with would give him around 22 Def at 40. Problem is I already have a Blue unit Ephraim and I'm going to 5* Gordin when this week's ranked is done.

I have a -Spd +Res Reinhardt and he's mediocre at best. His bulk would be average except for the fact that everything under the sun doubles him so he can really only live one round of combat anyway. His main niche is as a unit with 5 effective attack range and the ability to nuke low res units into the ground. Works great if you have Takumi issues. When skill trading becomes a thing I think he'll be pretty well completely outclassed by Olwen but he's definitely worth training as a very mobile burst damage unit. 

Edit: Okay so I just took him into the arena because he's a bonus points character this week and holy hell if you need someone to sort your Takumi problems this is him. Nothing says counter like a clean ORKO on every Takumi I've seen so far. Plus he outpaces him so can set up the kill safely.

So, who did you decide to join in that Voting Gauntlet event? I went with Lucina. (Even though my favorite character out of all of them is probably Ephraim, but I'm afraid that Leo will win against him.)

yYzYPo7.png

Edited by Inactivity

Go Team Chrom!

At least you didn't try to kill your own mother in one time line!

This new event is pretty nice, since I got a whole mess load of orbs. Are either of the new Focuses worht going for, or should I save my Orbs until an new machine comes out?

11 minutes ago, Combat said:

Go Team Chrom!

Reveal hidden contents

At least you didn't try to kill your own mother in one time line!

This new event is pretty nice, since I got a whole mess load of orbs. Are either of the new Focuses worht going for, or should I save my Orbs until an new machine comes out?

From the Princes banner? Well, I'm only interested in Leo since Effie is a better lance user for my team. Still, Ephraim is a fantastic lance user, he's good at buffing and debuffing. His defense and attack are also quite high. However, his speed and resistance are low. And Chrom..? Meh. He might be a decent unit, but Lucina seems better. Chrom has more bulk and less speed. Leo is.. not exactly the best mage, since he needs to rely on other units to support him most of the time. If you have Elise, you could go for Leo. They seem to work quite well together. Otherwise he'll mostly be outclassed by other red mages. Sanaki seems more viable, same goes for Lilina. Young Tiki also deals nice magical damage while being bulky and overall balanced. (She's a perfect Hector counter. Probably the best.) From the Princesses banner? Eirika seems nice. Her main role isn't to go in there and kill the enemies, but rather to buff up your team so they can deal more damage. If that's what you want, by all means, go for it. Lucina ranks a 10/10 on most tier lists, think what you will. She's one of the best sword users in the game right now, even though Ryoma is probably a little more straight-forward, albeit harder to get. Elise is an excellent healer, probably the best in the game right now. Works well with armored units, from what I've heard.

There's also a neat website out there that shows the pros/cons of most characters and gives them a rating. Might be worth taking a look at it, if you need guidance: https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/

... Well, I'd pull from the Princesses banner if I were you. Still, up to you. I'm not too good at the game myself, so my verdicts might be a bit weird.